It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hymenoplasty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
'virginity' renewed in europe

A plastic surgery in France is becoming more popular. It is especially popular with muslim women and women with a North African heritage. It's a 30 minute plastic surgery wherein the doctor 'replaces' the woman's hyman.

I think people should be allowed to do what they want with plastic surgery, but honestly, this is NOT making these women virgins again. They may think they are ... and the men they have sexual relations with may like it .. but they aren't virgins.

I dont' understand the point of this. Spending a few thousand dollars to replace the hyman, only to go out and have sex and have the hyman break (which is painful) again??

Anyways - I think it's a big scam. Virginity isn't replaced.
Just a piece of skin is. Read more at the article -

'virginity' renewed in europe

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Flyers: you don't understand the point of replacing a phony hymen .... because you're emotionally mature: you're cerebral and thus you understand that sex occurs between the ears and not the legs.

Now if you were from a groin-centered culture, you wouldn't be in forums trying to shed light. Instead, you'd be in a back-alley-way 'plastic surgeon's ' (aka: " I vas qualified veterinarian in my OWN country" -- and gee, I nearly misspelt that in tune with the theme of this post: smack, smack) ... arranging for some swarthy ponce to ferret away in your private regions while telling you how deliciously tight he was going to make you, all the better for that homosexually inclined old man with the clapped-out Mercedes to enjoy your vedding-night, heh heh heh.

People from groin-centered cultures focus a lot on agricultural themes, such as length of penis and size of vagina: they're raised hearing that sort of conversation. The vedding-nite thing is big with them. The bridal gown created from finely crafted corn-silk and trousseau painstakingly chewed by blind old women with no teeth, all of which puts the father of the bride and several of his sons into 20 years debt.

So having a hymen replaced after it was ruptured in childhood by over-affectionate uncles, is par for the course. Those ugly old husbands have to have their conceit catered for and they can have the bride shot at dawn or made bald or cooked in oil or something if she fails to have a drum-tight flap of skin to be painfully penetrated on the vedding nite. It's in the holy books or someplace where women are born to suffer and suffer in the groin region. That's a big part of the enjoyment for the men.

Heaven forbid they should evolve by two or three hundred thousand years and catch up with the rest of us, who fall in love with a personality and whose egos can cope with the fact our beloved may have enjoyed themselves with someone else before we met them.

And seeing you don't understand this groin-centred culture's fixation on skin-locks on women's reproductive organs, it's a jolly good thing you're you and not some poor female trapped within a male-dominated society, that's all I can say, young Flyers. A male-dominated society where the men wear dresses, to boot !

Imagine it: a man in a dress approaches on the vedding nite, weilding his penis like a battering ram in order to smash aside your expensively re-sewn hymen, while the oldies wail in ecstasy under the window, awaiting the bloodied bridal sheets so they can parade them boastfully through the town. After that, it must be all downhill: six kids in as many years and the only thing to look forward to being those first grey hairs which proclaim you sexless and thus tolerable.

Gee, what bliss, huh? (I'll get booted for this
)

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Dock6 - you have issues

I was led to believe that the hymen could easily be broken in some women by horse riding, extreme sports, gymnastics and a long handled hair brush.

While this may be a of help to born again virgins, it is deceitful and all who engage in such awful acts should burn...

It's your body do with it what you will.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Dock6, you bordered on tasteless...but if you got booted for that post it would be a shame. That was excellent...

I cannot express how excellent that was. I would pay $19.95 for a book with articles like that in it.

Very nice post on social commentary.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I just spit my coffee all over the screen.

"Hey, Doc, could you put an extra stitch in there for me, please?"

Sorry, couldn't resist.

If it's a womans body, shouldn't she be able to do with it as she pleases?

"It's mine and I'll wash it as hard and as fast as I want to, and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infoholic
If it's a womans body, shouldn't she be able to do with it as she pleases?

Sure.

It just seems like a scam to me. Here are women who have been having sexual relations and now that they are getting married they want to fake being a virgin.

OR .. like DOCK6 said ... they are covering up incest.

OR .. they are being pushed into it by family members.

Whatever the reason, they are NOT virgins again. Sewing on a bit of skin doesn't cause all the sexual acts to go away.
This is costing thousands of dollars .. and all it will do is just PAINFULLY get ripped up again as soon as they have sex.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I can't for the life of me remember where I read this before, but the article had something that made sense to me.

Some people believe in saving themselves for marriage, their true love, or whatever. And sometimes they make it. When they consummate their marriage, it's supposed to be something special for the two of them, right? Who's to say there's not a lot of these types of people? Who's to say there's lots of people that feel this way, things don't work out, and they wish to renew the ability to give themselves to their soul mate for the first time.

Who's to say that if my wife and I were to have shared such a wonderful experience, and we're that deeply in love, then why wouldn't we be able to share that experience again?

I don't necessarily see this as a scam. It's very well possible to rebuild the hymen. Hell, they can rebuild just about any part of your body with science nowadays.

If that explanation doesn't cut the mustard, then there's only one other that would fit.. free choice. If they can do it, and you want it done, do it. If they can do it and you don't agree with it, don't do it.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Whatever the reason, they are NOT virgins again. Sewing on a bit of skin doesn't cause all the sexual acts to go away.
This is costing thousands of dollars .. and all it will do is just PAINFULLY get ripped up again as soon as they have sex.

I don't think anyone, those who have the surgery included, think they are virgins again, and then there are no doubt some women who are in fact virgins, and whose hymens were broken other ways than sex.

And no, it doesn't cause the sexual acts to go away, in reality. It just makes a woman more desirable or appealing for marriage for some. Sometimes it might be dishonest, sometimes not. You don't know, and really, who cares.

Let's concern ourselves more about the sexism and sexual abuse the even creates a need for such surgery. That's where the true issue lies, in my opinion, and not with definitions and ideas about what virginity is.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Dock6

Liked your reply and your particular sense of humour.I am sorry i couldn't add anything else of value here,but why state again what was said already above ?
I find it also difficult to assign a logic to this procedure,but we have a different mind set.

new topics

top topics

join