It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Qaida in Iraq Leader Dead, Iraqi Officials Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

The leader of al-Qaida in Iraq is dead, the Iraqi Interior Ministry says.

Abu Ayyub al-Masri was killed in a a dispute between al-Qaida and other insurgent groups, according to a televised statement by the official spokesman of Iraq's Interior Ministry, Brig. Gen. Abdul Kareem Khalaf.

Al-Masri was the successor to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the long time al-Qaida leader who was killed by American forces last year.

In recent months there have been reports of a split within the insurgency, with some branches becoming more and more resistant to al-Qaida's tactics — especially the killing of massive numbers of civilians, both Sunni and Shiite.

While details are far from clear, there have also been reports of al-Qaida killing members of other armed insurgent forces in an effort to keep their vision of the insurgency — the creation of a radical Islamic state in Iraq — paramount among groups that are fighting the American presence and the Iraqi government.

Source

Another one died supposedly.. doesn't matter as they probably have infinite replacements. I don't know whether it is a good thing that those criminals are now starting to kill each other.. Anyhow, let them waste their time on killing each other rather than killing innocent Iraqi civilians or coalition troops.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
posted on 5/1/2007 @ 03:04 AM

News travels fast
was posted here a few min ago

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Yea lol, i had just posted a thread about it to but mine was closed due to this one being posted first
I agree though, they probably have a row of replacements and considering these guys are not afraid of death, they will have no problems having another martyr step up.

Originally posted by EvilBat
www.abovetopsecret.com...
posted on 5/1/2007 @ 03:04 AM

News travels fast
was posted here a few min ago

new topics

join