It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im scared help

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
(This reeks of hoax. Looks like a first posting and registered account dated today.. Wasn't there a similar post to this a few months back. Not buying any of this.)

Hoax or not just because its a first posting is there any reason to dismiss it straight off??

When i saw something a while ago i needed to find answers, i trawled the net and came across this site , i thawt i would just say what i saw, and i got this same reaction. It was a little dissapointing to say the least !!

This is not a personal pop at brill but u see this quite often, give em a chance to answer questions then throw em to the lions

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
What you have described is classic hypnogogia. Sleep paralysis. It is normal.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for posting.

Dulcimer is correct. It happens to alot of people, especially in your age range. Don't give in to fear it's just sleep paralysis which triggers a fear reaction and the mind begins to search frantically for an answer to your dilemma thus creating the EBE abduction to fill in the blanks.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by carnival_of_souls2047]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Am I the only one who read this and thought that it sounded totally made up?

Anyways, it is possible that this really did happen to you. You might have just imagined the Grey part while paralyzed though. Or maybe a Grey alien somehow actually made his way into your room even though you said you live in a populated neighborhood...

Nah I thought the same. The tink that is making me think its a hoax is the extreme detail you put into this "being" do u sleep with the lights on or can you see really well in a pitch black bedroom?
Also I have had a few times waking up with someone/something standing at the side of my bed, one time I even had what looked like a ship steering wheel flying at my head!
I didn't read the wiki links so if this was said in there too bad!
but I have always thought its your brain creating images as dreams and you wake up but your brain continues to create the images....

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I've suffered from sleep paralysis since I was five years old, as well as night terrors, insomnia and sleep walking. I’ve spent a good part of my life keeping sleep journals and writing about my dream experiences. I’ve been to sleep disorder clinics, I’ve read numerous studies on sleep anomalies (including paralysis) and while the occurrences have (thankfully) declined as I’ve grown older, I still get them once or twice a year. Usually my experiences are so detailed and clear, it is as if I am awake. They haunt me for weeks afterward. I’ve not seen any grey beings, but have felt pressure on my chest, have seen things hovering near my window, have heard the knock on the door and have experienced many other strange things.

Writing has helped me cope with the often terrifying experience of not being able to control my body during paralysisd. As someone here mentioned earlier, having people to talk to is vital. Find someone you can trust.

Can your experience be neatly explained away by sleep paralysis? Perhaps. It is a choice you have to make; after all you have to live with it. Remain open minded and informed. There are many stories on ATS; read through them. Read everything you can get your hands on and talk to people who have similar stories to tell. But don't always rely on everything you read. Question everything carefully and be wary of those who are quick to judge; dismissing your experiences without even knowing you or the particulars of your story.

I’m sorry I have no specific answers. I’m still searching. But I know that whatever it is you have experienced – whether physical, imagined or dreamed – seems just as real to you, so don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

A great many other people on ATS, come here because of the things we have experienced. Things that can not always be neatly explained. It is a shame that so many are afraid and hide their real views, while the sceptics have no problems airing their doubts and attempting to make you foolish by their comments.

You are not alone.

Ram

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This feeling of a heavy weight on the chest -
I investigated it in a sleep paralysis -
When I tried to rise - It felt like a heavy thing on the chest - But when I stay calm it disappears.
And when I try rise again It return.

It's friction - like a collision - Two things that collide. And it activates the nerves in the chest region.

It's really simple - But hard for many people to understand.

If you jump into a swimmingpool - You go through the water - And you feel a friction - like a collision - Two things that collide.

Thats how the heavy chest feeling works in theory.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by Ram]

I investigated it - because I also thought someone was pulling and pushing around with me.
And I thought that for years.

It's friction. A mild form of pain.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by Ram]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Is it possible that this was just a very realistic dream? Also if these people are right then its sleep paralysis combined with a dream. Thats my personal opinion.

Now I don't blame you for being terrified, I know in your situation I would probably have insomnia and fear of sleeping from that experience.

Also guys lets not ride this off as a hoax just yet, although it is suspicious that he hasn't posted again...

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I have had sleep paralysis and I am quite sure my episodes were in fact sleep paralysis.

The first time, I remember when I was young, I was frightened simply because I couldn't move and I couldn't talk even though I was trying my hardest to answer my mother who was calling me downstairs. This time I just couldn't explain what happened since I didn't know what sleep paralysis was at the time.

The next time about a year ago (I'm 23 now), I remember waking up on my side facing my wall with my back out in the open. I felt an evil presense in the room, and I could hear something growling in my ear it felt like it was trying to slash at me with claws. When was able to move, nothing was there and I was unharmed, so I feel it was just in my imagination. I didn't see anything since my head was turned to the wall...

The most recent time was a few months ago, where this time, I actually felt some sort of entity pulling on my sheets as if its trying to grab me from my bed. I tried to move but couldn't. Again, my head was facing the wall so I couldn't see if there was anything behind me. As soon as my muscles became unparalysed, I punched the area where I felt a presense and everything just dissapeared as if it wasn't even there to begin with... but I never actually looked at the area to see if there was something behind me.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Wow!? Really? You had an encounter with a most likely drunk hybrid trying to f**k with you, but more likely there is something about yourself that is different and has attracted attention. Now, that paralysis is actually an aspect of the dreamtime that can be consciously controlled by those who know how to utilize the unknown properties of the cosmos to achieve paralysis and various "impossible" feats (although wether or not the reticulians and most others know exactly the nature of their abilities is still questionable). So, you would like a way to deal with individuals popping into your time/space bubble and feeling you up (I know this is very scary, but in order to be strong you have to develop a sense of humor about it, some people not from earth may have not so friendly agendas, but they are still intelligent and should be thought of as just another "motivated group" seeking their goals without considering your best interests (sounds like most western governments to me). SO TELL YOU WHAT, the next time this happens first, DON'T PANIC!, second your paralysis stems from your body no longer responding to your mental commands DON'T PANIC, you are still in control of your mental capacities (and you must have something they are interested in, most likely hidden abilities or an unusual genetic code, it's OK!), your mind is still capable of protecting you, and one way is to use what has been coined the Turkey Curse. It is designed to disrupt hive minded groups (reticulans) and heavily logically ordered minds (illuminati) attempting to force order or compliance (but only negative order, if he started arrainging your CD collection and did nothing else, it won't help you much).DON'T PANIC Just clear your mind and repeat this in your head LOUDLY!: GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE......!!! This works great to interrupt the highly ordered logical thought patterns of those who do not respect your individuality. DON'T PANIC!!! You have the ability to deal with this situation in a safe, humorous, and healthy manner, if you DON'T PANIC!! Be strong, be smart, be safe. you are the only one who can truly protect yourself. Remember that and DON'T PANIC!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill
Classic and resorted to name calling (which violate the T & C's of this board I believe).
[edit on 1-5-2007 by brill]

Brill, it's truly a shame that your useless post isn't a breach of the T&C because you certainly deserve to be disciplined for your desperate need to egotistically express your opinion about the authenticity of the original post.

The reality of this thread, hoax or not, is that members have responded cordially, politely and offered a lot of sound information regarding night terrors and sleep paralysis.

I myself am quite grateful for the post because reading about someone's experience where they're trying to turn on the light but can't because they're transparent is something that I have experienced for as long as I can remember.

These very real dreams I find quite disturbing but never realized it was connected to the night terror/hypnagogia syndrome.

Needless to say, I have found the information in this thread extremely helpful whether the original post is a hoax or not.

Here's a word of advice. Grow up!!!

If you think a post is a hoax, move on. Don't waste your, or our, time trolling/baiting others with negativity so that you can throw the T&C at them.

As I originally said, it's a shame your post isn't a violation of the terms and conditions because you brought nothing to this cordial and civilized thread other than the self satisfaction you gained from letting everyone know your "opinion" of it.

And you know what they say, "opinions are like #holes, everyone's got one". But just because you have one doesn't mean you need to jam it in my face.

Pokey Oats

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Where is the OP?

You come here, throw out a scrap, and then leave???

This is likely a story, but I hope if it is true, that the OP does try to get some support.

I had some strange experiences as a teenager. There was no place to go talk about these experiences. You were sent to a psycologist who said it was all in your head.

The problem is that it wasn't happening only in my head.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Because it seems to apply:

Sleep Paralysis

That is a post which I created which discusses the condition of sleep paralysis and explains how it could be mistaken for alien abduction. The struggling breath, the inability to move all but your eyes and the visual/auditory illusions; all signs of sleep paralysis.

I fear for the OP when I read replys which say "Not being able to move anything but your eyes? That is something different". In reality, it is common and the hallucination he has described (especially with a subconscious full of 'occult knowledge') makes sense.

The end.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

This reeks of hoax. Looks like a first posting and registered account dated today.. Wasn't there a similar post to this a few months back. Not buying any of this.

brill

Dunno brill, seems to me it may not be? When particular paralysis is brought up, as mentioned in the more believable cases I give a wham-full more credit to the report. Not saying I'm absolutely right Sir, just have a reason to consider this report may sit farther to the real side.

Dallas

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   
In agreement with WIN 52.

May just be time to feed this to the lions , What a shame very interesting subject and lots of info arising .. ho hum ..

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Regardless of whether the OP was lieing or not, night terrors/sleep paralysis is a pretty interesting subject and thats no doubt what he experianced if he was being candid. I've heard alot of alleged abduction stories that remind me a whole lot of many night terror/sleep paralysis experiances I've had and I have no doubt that these 2 conditions are probably whats really responsible for most if not all "alien abduction" stories.

I myself suffered night terrors and sleep paralysis for much of my childhood and I can tell you right now, its just about the most terrifying and troubling experiance you can imagine. One particular episode I actually recall is "waking up" paralyzed seeing a small creature cloaked in shadows with red eyes crawling up my body, startin at feet and crawling up to stare me directly in the face... all while I could not move. Needless to say I closed my eyes and screamed my head off when I finally regained the ability to speak (often times I couldn't even speak during the paralysis).

Most episodes I've forgotten since its been many years and often times with Night Terrors I wouldn't even remember it right after it occured, I'd just suddenly snap out of it and find my mother hovering over me telling me its okay and she'd tell me I had just been screaming and saying things and that my eyes were open etc, but I wouldn't remember it. My mother has told me of episodes where I would be screaming bloody murder that there were spiders all over the walls, that the devil was whispering in my ear, and other such disturbing things. One time I even got out of my bed and was clawing away at my window till my fingers were bloody, trying to escape my room while screaming that there was a creature in my bed.

So ya, night terrors are scary, and if the OP is being candid, all I can say is I feel for you man and just know theres a 99.9% chance that its just your mind and a night terror, not some real alien... so don't fret too much and next time jsut try to remain calm, maybe close your eyes and count to 10 then open them again and if you calm yourself and become self aware, the "entity" should be gone. Goodluck ~

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pokey Oats

Classic and resorted to name calling (which violate the T & C's of this board I believe).

Brill, it's truly a shame that your useless post isn't a breach of the T&C because you certainly deserve to be disciplined for your desperate need to egotistically express your opinion about the authenticity of the original post.

The reality of this thread, hoax or not, is that members have responded cordially, politely and offered a lot of sound information regarding night terrors and sleep paralysis.

I myself am quite grateful for the post because reading about someone's experience where they're trying to turn on the light but can't because they're transparent is something that I have experienced for as long as I can remember.

These very real dreams I find quite disturbing but never realized it was connected to the night terror/hypnagogia syndrome.

Needless to say, I have found the information in this thread extremely helpful whether the original post is a hoax or not.

Here's a word of advice. Grow up!!!

If you think a post is a hoax, move on. Don't waste your, or our, time trolling/baiting others with negativity so that you can throw the T&C at them.

As I originally said, it's a shame your post isn't a violation of the terms and conditions because you brought nothing to this cordial and civilized thread other than the self satisfaction you gained from letting everyone know your "opinion" of it.

And you know what they say, "opinions are like #holes, everyone's got one". But just because you have one doesn't mean you need to jam it in my face.

Pokey Oats

Where to start

Is it wrong to question things? Not everything is what it appears to be. Fact is there have been a slew of threads over the past couple months where 1 time posters , such as there case here, present a questionable story. I'm not disputing sleep disorders, nightmares, etc. those are real and do exist. I just have a hard time buying this particular story and the fact that the original poster hasn't countered with any other comment is suspect. Is that such a difficult concept to grasp?

The user who resorted to shameless name calling, imho, violated the charter as set forth for these forums. The rules appear to be clear and I merely re-iterated that fact. I'm not hiding behind anything. Again this is another very simple and straight forward concept, for some at least.

I hope the original poster does come back and share his comments so that further debate can occur but at the moment that appears unlikely.

brill

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
So, the main thing I am getting from all your comments is that Alien abductions are not even real, they are just imaginations within one's own brain? Makes sense to me. I guess these people wake up paralyzed while still "inside" their dream... therefore the things they are seeing do appear to be "real" to them and no one can tell them otherwise...

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
im sorry if it sounds like its not real, i dont believe it happened to me myself tbh. all i can say is im # scared and everyone thinks im a #ing nutter, i know i would think the same i guess bout someone else who described what happened to me. im a 17 year old from london, i dont believe what happened to me is normal to say the least. American farmer in middle of nowhere maybe, but in hainault? please belive me, i have no where else to go or speak to. thank all of you who posted means alot to me, please hold back your sceptcism or how ever you spell it, i didnt come here for that, i get enough of that at home believe me. me mum laughed and my gf well she thought it was a dream. i joined this forum today earlier in the morning before school, because no one listened to me with an open mind, all i got was hahaha bs, or what drugs were u on lol. i often read articles and things, although not bout aliens! it was actualy the threads bout david icke which sorta got me onto this site in the first place. i love it, i think its great.

i dont sleep with the light on who ever suguested that (tho i might do now, im so scared, my gf said i was being silly, my brothers laughed at me, but i just be in that room, i got a feeling that tehy might return and im praying to god that they dont), im not sure, the room was greyish, tbh i was scared #less so i tried avoid looking at the thing anyway. Anyone in my situation would proly have done the same. i wanted to scream but couldnt, that was proly the worst thing of all. ive always had a lump at the back of me head, docter just said was my bone strutcure abnormality who ever mentioned that. anyway thanks for the posts, thanks

btw i do think its possible for them to get you in a highly populated place, these beings proly are spiritualy developed much greater than us more so than technnologicaly, spirit isnt limited by time or matter, it has the potential to do as it likes if thats the case. Also if they mastered intergalacitc travel they can bloody well come to your location lol.

oh yer my brother reckons i should tell you this, but i think its nit picking, i dont think aliens move phones or jewlry tbh but maybe its important and you should know. my phone was off on the double bed side, alarm set for school next morning, my pentacle ring, which your suposed to wear on your left to recieve energies i always wear on my right(better to give than recieve, way i look at it il recieve three times what i give) yer anyway when i woke up after i blacked out my phone was on and next to my pillow, my ring on the wrong hand. what you guys think? i dont know tbh, im hoping it didnt abduct me.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Pokey Oates: "...it's truly a shame that your useless post isn't a breach of the T&C because you certainly deserve to be disciplined for your desperate need to egotistically express your opinion about the authenticity of the original post..."

Dunno about You but I'm not that happy with the above. Cost's nothing to be nice. I don't speak for Above Top Secret, but I'm speaking for you -- as if there's a next time -- I'll put in a complaint. The Member you flamed is a super-poster of really good info. I ask, please don't discourage other Members from posting please.

Dallas

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
by the way, i had sixthform and things, and i only have one pc in my flat, which is in my twin brothers room, so im sorry for the late reply. i guess i should have checked at school, but i didnt have time, bloody exams
still they dont seem so bad now tbh,rather have a history alevel paper in front of me than what i expereienced. anyway sorry if it ruined my credibility to many of u, im a tit lol sorta new to this forum posting buisness, far as i go is myspace bulletins lol :S

im not asking you to believe me, but i got a lot of good replies from decent people and i wana make it absolutly clear that i appreciate all the replies even the negative ones, least you all took the time to view with an open mind to answer my call for help, a 17 year old looser from london whose proly one screw loose and you still bother with your time, i thank you

hmm i been reading up on the sleep disorder. sounds alot like what i experienced, maybe i had it, still that in itself was scary enough, wish all of you never experience it in your lives those who aint, and those that have never again, its not bloody nice at all. i was crying all night afterwards, i was so shaken. im not one to cry tbh, being a guy my age that is something very lame to admit, but the brilliance of the net is none of you know me so i wont get ripped on or abused, i get enough of that already without this bs leaking.

anyway hope you all are ok, thanks again

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ok my 2 cents worth. Since this is probably your first encounter with this type of phenomena it is best to check with a qualified physician first to rule out any possible medical problems that may need attention. Secondly, this is just TOO a familiar scenario for me to take seriously. Sorry if I am wrong. Often our minds want so badly for some thing to happen that we create our own reality. And last but not least, if this was an actual contact it most likely will not be the last. You might try asking your parents about their views on the matter. It appears to many researchers that alien contact often runs in the family. Best reguards and just relax and chill.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join