It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals Plan May 1 Protests Across America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Illegals Plan May 1 Protests Across America

www.dallasnews.com

LOS ANGELES – Hispanic and other civil rights groups wrapped up plans for immigration reform marches and rallies Tuesday in dozens of cities, but conceded that a replay of last year's huge turnout was unlikely.

Still, organizers said the demonstrations reflect a robust movement determined to win a path to citizenship for the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the country.

"There was a sort of energy last year," said Gordon Mayer, a vice president of the Community Media Workshop, which helped groups organize the Chicago march. "This year that boulder has split up into a lot of smaller rocks."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.associatedcontent.com
www.statesman.com

Related ATS Threads:
ICE(Immigration and Customs Enforcement) How do you feel about it and why?

[edit on 5/1/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Why don't these people just go home and get in line with everyone else? Illegal alien immigrants are nothing but common criminals. If laws need to be changed to allow for more legal immigration, then that's fine and I support that. But I think all the illegal immigrants here need to be deported.

ICE should round up everyone at these "rallies" and send them back to Mexico or where ever they came from.

www.dallasnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Why dont a few million of us march down to Mexico and start demanding rights?
Oh thats right, Mexico would shoot us.

Usually when an immense group of people march on a nation and start demanding things like this its called an INVASION. The only difference is they dont have tanks and bombs. So we're just supposed to roll over and be defeated by some bloodless coup coming from foreigners?

I dont understand why its gone as far as it has.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have a couple of questions.
Why aren't more Americans up in arms about the so called illegal alien invasion ?
IMO If Americans took the same stance against illegal emigration that many do against gun control the problem wouldn't existed. Now I understand that firearms ownership is a culture mindset in the US.
But surely people that enter the US illegally and often get entitlements from the American tax payer should at least bother the majority of people who live in the US legally ?

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Why aren't more Americans up in arms about the so called illegal alien invasion ?

Many people are and more and more are everyday. Still, in the end though, both corporations and individuals like having cheap below minimum wage maids, gardeners, etc. And political infighting over details have ended up leaving the issue mostly ignored since no one can seem to agree on a sensible policy to control the border while allowing enough immigration to fill needed jobs. I think things are coming to a head though and something will be done soon. Sadly it might take a tragic event like a terrorist slipping across the Mexican border to get it done.

new topics

top topics

join