It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Please Tell Me What This is in the Center of the Sun...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but i think it might be delicious milk chocolate.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I cant think what that would be in the middle of the sun, but I would tend to agree with the posters that it is some inconsistency with the camera chip or software, causing some sort of visual anomoly. I work in downtown Denver, and I was astonished by the amount of spraying going on throughout the day.

As I left my place in the morning, there were already some really massive trails lingering, and from that time until I left, there was more or less a barrage of planes spraying all day long.

I wish I could take a picture of all of the planes and trails I see as they seem plentiful here in Denver. You would be amazed.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptionToChoose
The hotspot is not in the center of the starburst, but just slightly off-center, left. As a very experienced graphic designer, I tend to look for this type of visual information. Also, using a straight-edge, following the bottom light spike, the viewer's right-hand of said spike does not source from the right edge of the hotspot "planet" so therefore cannot be caused by it.

Glare, lens flare etc are down to imperfections in the camera lens. Given this, there is no reason to expect the edges of the flare spikes to line up with the edges of sun in the image. they might, or they might not. Often the spikes are different widths and intensities.

Same for the bright glare all around the sun, and given that the sun is towards the edge of the photo, there is no reason to expect the sun to be perfectly central within the glare.

However, I and a passenger in my car both saw a roundish silhouette in the sun in 2005. I pointed it out to him, he said he saw it, and as he was talking I noticed a second, smaller similar shape. I was about to mention this when he spoke first, remarking that there were two of them. At that point I knew I wasn't alone for that sunspot sighting.

What time of day was this? sunset I have to presume? since you'd have fried your own retina looking at the sun during the middle of the day, and certainly you woundn't be able to distinguish any marks or spots on the sun.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Here is the image again, one with negative and the other thats "embossed".
Ill try and embed them but if theyre to big, ill have to just place
and external link to them.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Speaking of the sun, I have had a question I would like to ask.

When the Apollo crew went through the Van Allan belt they said they saw the radiation pass through their eyes in the form of a small ball of light. They said they could see it with their eyes close and I imagine they could see trails of them with open eyes.

A similar occurance has been happening to me recently and I thought it was just the aftermath of bright lights. After a few weeks I realized that this was not the case and thought I was just crazy. Recently I saw an article somewhere saying that crazy solar flares have been going on and was kept pretty quiet until they 'ended'.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Maybe I have been studying too hard an need sleep...?

If this is not just me I'll probably start a new thread.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
There is one way to put this to rest for good. Take another picture of the sun, with the same camera at approximately the same time of day. If you can reproduce the results you got in your first picture, then we should be able to safely assume that this is just a type of lens flare or something.
There are conspiracies out there that claim that something is always hiding in FRONT of the sun, not behind it but in front of it.
Like an artificial satellite or something along those lines.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ummmm...this one is really easy. What you are seeing is the sun itself, the rest is just the halo or corona from it being so bright. Nothing to see here-move along.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
I think it is a built in protection device that comes in all newer model cameras and cam corders.

That's exactly what it is... built-in response for something that is too bright for the camera itself.

Anything above a certain light level and it kicks in.

Yep. Kinda like the afterimage you get if you look at the sun.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Look like standard over exposure of a digital CCD to me. We have discussed this kind of digital artifact found on Google Maps reconnaissance cameras here.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Lets just say it WAS a planet, planet X aka niburu. letsjust say it was this planet

how could it be passing in between the sun and the earth?

is nibiru or niburu known to pass through our solar system, between the sun and earth like that ( to those that knowledge its existance )

just curious

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Below is a link to a web page, that has some information regarding Planet X aka Niburu. I've pasted one paragraph below, which i find interesting but I dont believe it is anything but science fiction.
But thats what makes this whole conspiracy thing so compelling for me, i dont necessarily have to believe everything i read (and i dont) but i find some of it offers me some entertainment, while at the same time I keep an open mind

Source Page

There is obviously a body unnacounted for between the Earth and the Moon. If the Earth(Taurus/Libra) is opposite Mars(Scorpio/Aries), and the Moon(Cancer/Leo) is opposite Sarturn(Capricorn/Aquarius) then X must be opposite Jupiter(Sagittarius/Pisces). If the day-year principle is used X must have a 12 day orbit as compared to Jupiter's 12 years, just as Saturn has a 29 and 1/2 year orbit as compared to the Moon's 29 and 1/2 day orbit. This would put X's orbit approximately 100,000 miles above the Earth or 2 and 1/2 times closer than the Moon. It would be the ruler of Gemini or Virgo and take about one day to traverse each zodiac sign.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think this is something we all should keep a check on. You can watch the planes spraying the trails trying to cover the Sun.

Haven't any of you noticed the difference in the brightness of the Sun this year. It's like someone changed the light bulb. Something is not right.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
These were just observations which I found odd, and as such those observations don't immediately tell me--not you...me--that this is an image purely of flares and glares.

It was approximately 4:30 p.m. during rush-hour build-up in late May 2005, first car in my lane at the red-light intersection of Memorial Drive @ Beltway 8 West in Houston, TX. The sun was viewable with the naked eye due to strong sky haze (maybe chemtrail crap? who knows...) which presented the sun as a crisp flat disc, although somewhat bright to view, not the blinding zap one might typically get from a direct glance at it.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptionToChoose
The sun was viewable with the naked eye due to strong sky haze

Fair enough. thanks for the explaination. That makes sense. I wasn't having a go at you, just raising issue with the points you made.

I have no ideas what could have caused the dark spots you and your friend observed. Sunspots maybe? I know there are sites where you can check on current sunspot activity, but I wonder if it's possible to go back and check what was going on at the the time/date you mention?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
CCD Burn dude, if you stare at the sun long enough you'll get a similar result but it will be permanent because you've just burnt your retina out. The CCD will do the same if you keep taking photos of the sun.

Sorry, CCD = Charged Couple Device = a light sensitive chip inside the camera.

[edit on 3-5-2007 by orthisguyoverhere]

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Its definately planet X. Astronomors can't see it right now because its hidden in the suns glare. Recent estimates put it at 1.3 million kilometers from the earth.

Or it could just be the sun

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
Lets just say it WAS a planet, planet X aka niburu. letsjust say it was this planet

is nibiru or niburu known to pass through our solar system, between the sun and earth like that ( to those that knowledge its existance )

just curious

any takers on the question

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

just curious

any takers on the question

Sure. Planet X or niburu is believed to be a planet or small star(brown dwarf) that is in an extremely elliptical orbit with our own sun. It spends most of its time out beyond pluto but every several million years it migrates in towards the sun.

For it to eclipse the sun as it supposedly did in that photograph it would have to be about midway between the sun and earth depending on its size. If such a planet existed it would indeed be possible for this event to take place.

However for such a large body so close to earth to go undedected by all the worlds astronomers is impossible. Infact it would be visble to the naked eye right now.

What is in that photograph is either the sun itself or, as stated above, a ccd protection artifact.

[edit on 6-5-2007 by Golack]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join