It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Someone Please Tell Me What This is in the Center of the Sun...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Never been a believer in the whole chemtrail thing myself, until today. Today in Colorado, there were trails EVERYWHERE in the sky. I must have seen 4 planes in the sky at once spreading this #, and it stayed in the sky for a long time. When I was leaving my house today, I took a picture of one of the bigger ones. When it came out, a perfect circle in the path of the sun came through...here it is. I looked around for similar pictures of the sun, but couldn't find any. Even if it is nothing of interest, the chemtrail is still very interesting.

Anyway, this particular chemtrail was in the sky when I woke up and left at approximately 8:30 a.m. mtn. time. I stopped in the middle of the street in my car, got out my cell phone, and took this picture. The amazing thing is I only captured half of this chemtrail in this picture...

However, I am more interested in the sun here. What is that planet like object in the center? When I took this picture, there were approximately 8 visible chemtrails in the sky. These trails were already there, in the sky when I took this picture. The bigger one is what I was interested in, and you can see a smaller one that is intersecting it as well. About an hour after I saw these trails, cloud coverage began to set in. It was very weird, the whole entire sky was covered in clouds about 1 hour after these occurred, blocking out the sun.

Again, I am interested in the sun here. Particularly, what is in the middle of it.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by SeekOut]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
i dont see any objects in the sun, but just a strange coloring likely because it is so bright.

Where in colorado did you take this? I live in colorado as well. (Boulder)

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It looks like a lens flare or relection from the sun.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
It looks like a lens flare or relection from the sun.

This is what I thought at first as well. But my curiousity got the best of me so I started searching google pictures. I looked for pictures showing a lens flare from the sun. I could not find a single lens flare, out of the entire google image directory for the searches "lens flare", "sun lens flare", and "angled lens flare", which I find kind of odd, considering the scope and size of google images combined with my various search topics. All lens flares that I found from the sun do not show a object that defined in the middle of the sun. And the flares produce a brighter display of light coming from the source because this is where most of the light is concentrated in the lens. With this object, it is dark, and almost appears to be shadowed. If we assume that this is something in front of the sun, possibly a planet for example, this is how it would look. The side facing the earth would be dark, shadowed, because of the lack of light shining on that side.

I'm not saying this is a planet in front of the Sun, I'm just entertaining the idea that this could possibly NOT be a lens flare, but something else, and trying to give information for others to discern for themselves what this is.

I have replicated the lens flare effect with this same camera with various light sources around my house, but I cannot replicate the dark circle as shown in the picture. Tomorrow, I will take another picture of the sun like this with the same camera to see if it does the same thing.

Sorry, but I'm looking to stay anonymous.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I am thinking that the circle in the centre is the sun. The halo is because it is so bright. That contrail does seem pretty low to be water vapour. It would be nice to get a pic of what type of aircraft is dishing it out. An AC 130 would be suspect I suppose.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Download the image and use the editor to view the image using negative setting. Instead of being darkened, like most of the other flares around the sun, it has a near perfect round shape that is bright.
Its almost if something is trying to hide in the sun

of course, im not expert

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce
I am thinking that the circle in the centre is the sun. The halo is because it is so bright. That contrail does seem pretty low to be water vapour. It would be nice to get a pic of what type of aircraft is dishing it out. An AC 130 would be suspect I suppose.

I thought of this as well. But if we assume that the sun is emitting a great amount of light in this picture, the light would essentially block out the actual round shape of the sun. The light is so bright that it would be impossible to capture the actual sun through a picture because of the interference. Again, I searched for a long time for pictures on google images replicating this, but I came up with nothing. Feel free to do the search yourself, photoshop images do not count. Real life only please.

Here is the same photo, inverted.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I think it is a built in protection device that comes in all newer model cameras and cam corders.

To protect the actual equipment.

I cant remember the exact name but it is a known setting on most of the said electrical items to protect the equipment like a pair of sun glasses protects the human eye.

Anything above a certain light level and it kick's in.

Lense flare protection or something can't remember ?

P.S here we go enjoy !

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-5-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I don't know what that is, but there is a vapor trail or something dissecting it almost perfectly. Isn't that one hell of a coincidence? I'm very interested to see what kind of answers you get on this one. In the meantime...

You have voted SeekOut for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:45 AM
link   
This is an artifact from the digital camera CCD chip. It is a glitch and can be seen as circular in some camera chips, or as a circle with some notched top and bottom. This is a just a camera anomaly is all.

The effect is also seen when zooming in close to an object, or when focusing (in / or out of focus) on a bright object. Also can be seen when a dust particle gets in front of the lens and sends the AF out of focus.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
I think it is a built in protection device that comes in all newer model cameras and cam corders.

Second that. If you look, the purplish blob is about the right size for the actual sun.. which would be the very brightest part.. the larger glow around it is the glare from the lens, and is probably not quite bright enough to trigger the CCD protection.

That's how it seems to me, anyway..

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think Fred is right! While I can't tell you exactly what it is, I can tell you it has to do with the lens and the way it rafracts light. It's the same thing that makes glasses flash when you tilt them into the sun. Cleaning you lens won't change anything.

Tim

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darce

If I am not mistaken, I believe NCAR, The National Center for Atmospheric Research, which is in Boulder has a AC 130 that flies out of JeffCo airport. I used to work at JeffCo airport and would see that plane fly out of there, amazing to say the least.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kr0n0s
Download the image and use the editor to view the image using negative setting. Instead of being darkened, like most of the other flares around the sun, it has a near perfect round shape that is bright.

of course, im not expert

Hehe, it's so funny with people in these forums... Every grown up person should know that this is what happens when you take a picture of a too bright object; the camera can't handle it and it gets black.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I believe this object to be an unknown renegade planet and if this is the case we have our first image of Niberu. If you don't mind I am saving this image for further study and thank you so much for posting this thread.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by carnival_of_souls2047
I believe this object to be an unknown renegade planet and if this is the case we have our first image of Niberu. If you don't mind I am saving this image for further study and thank you so much for posting this thread.

Pinch pinch breakfast is ready time to wake up.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Yea, its also funny when people come to these forums with an attitude against other members for absolutely no reason. you are no more or less superior to anyone on this board, so why dont you grow up.
Personal attacks are a violation of the T&C so give it a rest.

Originally posted by TrappedSoul

Originally posted by Kr0n0s

of course, im not expert

Hehe, it's so funny with people in these forums... Every grown up person should know that this is what happens when you take a picture of a too bright object; the camera can't handle it and it gets black.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by Kr0n0s]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This is caused by your camera.

Here is a more persistent example.

Keep looking up. :0

[edit on 1-5-2007 by selfless]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The hotspot is not in the center of the starburst, but just slightly off-center, left. As a very experienced graphic designer, I tend to look for this type of visual information. Also, using a straight-edge, following the bottom light spike, the viewer's right-hand of said spike does not source from the right edge of the hotspot "planet" so therefore cannot be caused by it.

If this shape is a CCD anomaly or one of the infamous specks of dust which haunt the photography of we "theorists" the world may never know.

However, I and a passenger in my car both saw a roundish silhouette in the sun in 2005. I pointed it out to him, he said he saw it, and as he was talking I noticed a second, smaller similar shape. I was about to mention this when he spoke first, remarking that there were two of them. At that point I knew I wasn't alone for that sunspot sighting.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
it looks like its caused by the camara, but, what if...it's a planet?
u know..nibiru, niburu or whatever the name is
im not saying its this or that, but im open to all possibilities

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join