It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-80 Revisited

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There has recently been an outbreak of interest in ufo activity in my area, including alot of my friends. Naturally, most turned to me for input on the subject, as I am the "ufo guy" out of all of us. I tried to offer everyone an unbiased outlook on the matter, citing evidence for and against the "extraterrestrial" events. While having a little barbecue/party at my place over the weekend, I hooked my computer upto the high-def widescreen in the living room and started showing the typical videos you can see on yahoo or youtube. As you know, most vidoes can be let go as explainable or a hoax. They watched a couple dozen videos, pausing in between to argue there opinions, most of my friends were convinced that there are no aliens visiting us, and most unexplainable events were military aircraft. Now, that I had everyone fired up, I decided to show some of the videos on my harddrive. First, STS-48, which shows an object moving, then a flash, and the object does a more-than-90-degree turn to avoid another incoming object from Earth. "What....the f*#%....was that?", says one friend, eyes fixed on me looking for an answer. "I don't know, but, I can tell you what some people think", I said, and I explained the whole alien spaceship gets fired on by a missle from Earth theory. "Oh my God" and, "No f*%#ing way" is coming outta the handful of people in my living room. "Is that all ya got Digi ?" says a very interested female friend. "Nope, theres more, lets go out for a smoke" I said, and led everyone outside on the deck. It's night time, and, everyone is looking at the sky and talking about what they were shown for the first time. To my amusment, they are all chattering about what "could be" and how wild that was. We go back in, everyone cracks a beer, and I start the video of STS-80. I try to explain best I can what's going on in the video. Everyone, every one of them are in awe, open mouths, jaws on the floor. Then, the lights in the video do there little dance in the circle formation. One guy jumps outta his chair, beer in hand, "Holy s*%# dude, WHAT IS THAT?". One girl looks to have tears in her eyes. "Pretty amazing huh?" I say, as I walk over to her and the video clip ends. Now the tears are running down her face, she is lost for words. We walk outside were everyone else is and there pretty calm, amazed by what they have seen. "Was that real?" says one friend. I assure him the footage is authentic, but, as far as what was in the video being "real", I didn't have an answer. All these people were now self-proclaimed "beleivers", all stating that that was the most extraordinary footage they had ever seen. So, the point of this thread is this: Did you, or, anyone else you know that had seen the footage react in this type of manner? Also, I checked out the STS-80 thread, and I noticed there wasent alot of feedback and/or research into the contents of these clips. What does everyone think these objects could be? I don't buy that its space junk based on the movement and obvious formation that is made in the STS-80 footage, and I don't think telling people little green men are putting on a light show for us is the right idea. But, isnt that what were seeing here? A light show? I think this footage deserves attention and scrutiny. I think that the members of this site are quite wise and have excellent points on all matters. I write this thread at the request of my friends, whom I told that this site has the people that can give some intelligent feedback, so please, feedback away.

join