It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMPORTANT: Former CIA Director George Tenet on CNN's Larry King Live tonight! (Monday 4/30/07)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I imagine CNN finally realized most of the calls would be related to some government conspiracy whether it be the obvious ones with Tenet concerning WMDs and Iraq to the bigger ones like 9/11, ET, and UFOs. So they canned the call-in to avoid having to discuss any of it.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by Frith]

Be serious. The vast majority of the American public is not concerned with Government conspiracies in the least.

It's more than likely that the open lines were canceled due to the high probability that Tenet would be asked questions that he couldn't legally answer, mostly about Iraq and the lead up to the war, and seeing someone say, "I am sorry, I can not discuss that" isn't good television, especially in sweeps week.

Which pretty much proves how unlikely he would have said anything about aliens really is.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I actually kinda agree with Frith. Earlier when I first read this thread the thought of a bunch of people calling in to ask the former CIA director about 9/11 conspiracies went through my head. I think it is safe to assume that fear of too many of these types of phonecalls is what made them not goto the phones...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mezzanine

Be serious. The vast majority of the American public is not concerned with Government conspiracies in the least.

Considering that Tenet's appearance hinged on him tacitly or openly discussing a conspiracy within a portion of the U.S. government concerning the Iraq invasion I really don't see how the subject of conspiracy in any form could have been avoided during Tenet's interview.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I am so sorry I was not a part of this with you guys! I was out working in the garden... Well it is probably true, they were not comfortable with the level of questions and canned it. I wish I had seen the show, did he say anything of relevance?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I am so sorry I was not a part of this with you guys! I was out working in the garden... Well it is probably true, they were not comfortable with the level of questions and canned it. I wish I had seen the show, did he say anything of relevance?

Tenet pretty much said the same thing that he is saying on the rest of the talk show circuit... He talked about how Cheney's citing of the "Slam Dunk" remark was a mischaracterization. He said that the invasion of Iraq was on the vice president's agenda before he even entered the white house. Not a lot of surprises, just confirmation of what we (majority of the U.S. people) thought all along.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
If Tenant discloses a secret would that ruin his chances for being
hired elsewhere? I suppose George could write a book and rake in
millions $$, if he doesn't have a lifetime secrecy gag order on
him from the CIA days.

If G.T. responds to the question with:

'Hell yeah..Let's have been visiting earth for thousands of years!
I thought everyone knew this.'

What would you guys and gals do? Would you assume that he's
joking out of relief that the question wasn't about Iraq war intelligence?

[edit on 30-4-2007 by carewemust]

That's what im thinking?

Why ask about something unknown, when the opportunity presents itself to ask a guy who's been dealing with anti terrorism and knows something the public (People who watch Fox News) dont know.

I wish I had a chance to call in.

My question would of been

"Are you still convinced there are weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? Did the U.N and U.S inspectors do a thorough enough search? Did you look in their pockets?"

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Poor guy, he did worse trying to tell his feable story on 60 Minutes and Larry King than just autographing his book, for book sales.
I feel he was being totally honest, except leaving Mr Bush Jnr out of the loop. Cheney, well?, he's seemingly the scapegoat now anyway with months remaining in Office and control of Haliburton.?

Dallas

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
That stinks that they didn't have any call ins, and I just saw Larry King walking with his wife and kids through Beverly Hills a few weeks ago, if I see him again I pulling over and kicking his a@@.

j/k

I did see him walking the other day though, his wife is kinda hot actually, in a plastic los angeles type of way.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

hired elswhere?

Absolutely correct. Remember the Former Arizona Governor Fife Symington? While in office he laughed off any notion of an alien presence but as soon as his political career was over he was loudly proclaiming that he knew right away when he saw the Phoenix lights that it was an alien spacecraft.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by 10538]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10538

hired elswhere?

Absolutely correct. Remember the Former Arizona Governor Fife Symington? While in office he laughed off any notion of an alien presence but as soon as his political career was over he was loudly proclaiming that he knew right away when he saw the Phoenix lights that it was an alien spacecraft.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by 10538]

I was at work when I saw him on CNN talking about his sighting. He even offered a sincere apology to the people he offended by laughing it off at first. 'If you had been standing here 10 years ago and looked in this direction, you would have been amazed' is what he said to the reporter or something close to it. Otherworldy is also how he described it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join