It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola-like virus killing fish in Canada and USA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
USA Today - Dead Fish

An Ebola-like virus is killing fish in the great lakes. The disease has been found in Lake Erie, Lake Ontario, Lake Huron, The St. Lawrence Seaway, The Niagara River and an inland lake in New York. This is a very aggressive virus which has been compared to the smallpox virus that struck Native Americans. The USA and Canada are trying to contain the virus by restricting the transport of fish and live bait. However, MANY different species of fish are being killed off at very high levels and there is no way to control the birds from transporting dead fish to eat.

No report on how this started. No report on if it can spread to salt water fish and our food supply (no reason why it couldn't).

IMHO – this looks very serious.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Aquaculture threat

And I found this story that goes along with it. Now the aquaculture is threatened. The Ebola-like virus has moved inland and is now infecting fish farms inland. YIKES!

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Bees, frogs...now fish

If this is making you scratch your head in wonder, I say it is just a sign of the times.

There have been plenty of warnings, brushed off as hoaxes, with people treating it like

Just don't say there were no warnings or signs.

Inside info. has us at the doorstep of sweeping, worldwide change. This is just another brick in the wall.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Now .. the question my 11 year old daughter asked this morning - the fish farms are being effected. What happens if a human eats a fish that has the fish-ebola virus?

Can it harm humans?
Can it mutate (like the bird flu) and cause a new ebola virus in humans?

Obviously this is very capable of spreading.
I don't see how we can stop it.
Water seepage. Birds carrying fish away.

What about humans who go on The Maid of the Mist ride at Niagara Falls?
The virus is in Niagara River. What if they get sprayed with contaminated
water? The water has the virus because the boats that have been in the
water carry the virus on them from one waterway to another.

Seriously .. this could be very, very, BIG.

top topics

join