It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British army chief: prince to go to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

British army chief: prince to go to Iraq

news.yahoo.com

LONDON - The head of the British army said Monday that he had personally decided that Prince Harry, the third in line to the throne, will serve with a combat unit in

Iraq.

ADVERTISEMENT

Gen. Sir Richard Dannatt said the decision would be kept under review, but he hoped his statement would end media speculation on Harry's deployment.

"I would urge that the somewhat frenzied media activity surrounding this particular story should cease in the interests of the overall security of all our people deployed in Iraq," Dannatt said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Let's see, i'm pretty sure that he would be really protected and it's a mediatic thing to bring back interest in UK for the war in Irak. Let's see what kind of glory he will bring back to UK.... Pretty sure he will go back home in one part..

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I believe ones of his requests has been that he could not be treated any differently than any other British soldier entering Iraq. I think it's honorable for him to do all this, as a sign of respect for every other soldier who has entered.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Good that he's going there, not that I want him to die or anything, but he is in the army, it shouldn't matter who he is, if his unit is going to war, he should be too. What else does the royal family do these days anyway? They always used to lead the charge into battle, but haven't done since the 18th century I think. It would make them so much more interesting if they got shot at a bit.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So the fact that he has a bounty on his head holds no weight in this decision ?
Seriously, I just want to know because I find it hard to understand that any general of any army would send a marked man in to a battle - no matter who he is.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by ImJaded]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Well all things aside, pretty much every soldier who enters Iraq is a target. I think the only difference is that he could be used as a means of barter, if taken alive.

join