It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was that!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Back when I was at my dad's house in Germany, me and my grandpa went for a walk into the forest next to my dad's house to look for a fox. My grandpa and I finally managed to make it to the top of the mountain, and then when we decided to head back home as it was getting dark. I don't know what it was. It was at dusk in a forest so I could hardly see a thing. Then out of nowhere, I heared some roar and snort and run around. That thing was big, whatever it was. It was also mad. Very, very, very mad. I only saw a dark figure, so I really couldn't identify what the heck that thing was. My grandpa has been deer hunting for a long time, so he thought it was a deer. But then he thought it could have been a bear...it sounded way to heavy to be an average buck. But then my stepmother, a local around Europe said that these days, bears are protected in certain habitats, and one couldn't have escaped. We were no where nere a protected bear habitat. So, guys, just think...what was it?

Oh, and this is totally off topic, but does anybody have advice on finding a fox? I really want ot see one and take a picture.

-OkamiZaku

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Wow...

Sounds like bigfoot - IN EUROPE!

This is a first.

Next time you go back to your dad's house I suggest you take a camera with you.

Also no I wouldn't know how to catch a fox...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
i think it was a warthog.. one of those big nasty ones.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by hikix]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You want us to tell you what that thing was??? Well brother I wasn't there to see it. I guess we'll never know.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
there are lots of things that snort and grunt in the woods. Maybe if you could give us a description we could narrow it down for you but with what you posted Im not sure how we are supposed to know.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yeah, seriously. Can you give us an idea of its general shape? Was it quadrupedal or was it bipedal, or were you unable to take notice of that specifically?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I still wonder why people ask this kind of questions. I mean how can anyone on the other side of the world possibly know what this guy saw out there in the middle of a german forest?

Let us see, this thing lives in a forest, roars, snorts and runs around.
Oh! I think we are getting closer to solving this great mystery, brothers.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Franz von Humboldt
I still wonder why people ask this kind of questions. I mean how can anyone on the other side of the world possibly know what this guy saw out there in the middle of a german forest?

There is no need to be sarcastic. It never got anybody anywhere. I have to tell my friend this everyday. Please take my advice. And sure, I will give a description...

Well, first of all, it seemed to run on four legs, looked a little bit bulky, but yet it seemed not all that muscular. I think it was a mammal...or not.

But still, when I said "What was it?" I just wanted some ideas what you thought it was. Even if you were not there.

People, here is some advice...

THINK!

Believe me, it works!

[edit on 1-5-2007 by OkamiZaku]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Franz von Humboldt

I agree, although I sometimes walk near a heavily-wooded area
called 'lovers Lane' and I too hear grunts and the sound of leaves
being crushed.

Oh... just out of curiosity, how many brothers have you got here on ATS?
Any sisters?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronMan
Oh... just out of curiosity, how many brothers have you got here on ATS?
Any sisters?

Everybody is my brother and sister IronMan.

"It never got anybody anywhere"

Yes, just like this kind of threads that won't get anybody anywhere.

By the way OkamiZaku, good advice, brother. You should follow it yourself too next time.

THINK ... before you post, dear brother.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well......if it grunts and tears thru the underbrush, my guess would be something in the wild hog or boar varity.......if there's such a varmint in Germany...

check out this one that was killed in Florida.
cfyn.ifas.ufl.edu...

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I agree, it could have been an average sized animal such as a wolf, fox, or wild boar and your imagination bloated the size to that of a bear or bigfoot. But anyways, does it really matter what animal it was? It didnt bite you or anything right?

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:32 PM
link   
well if it is on all fours, bulky and grunts Id have to agree that it was probably a wild hog of some type. Maybe look on some local wildlife sites and see if you have them in that area.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have had the same experience
its a deer, trust me, its a deer
I thought it was a moose...which is much larger.
deer can make you believe they are much larger....and boy the strenght of their lungs is frightening
funny how something like that takes your imagination running at the moment
I was quite spooked myself
and it was bambi, not bigfoot, not a moose, a deer
LOL
PS this was in Ontario in a provincial park

[edit on 1-5-2007 by junglelord]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
i think it was a warthog.. one of those big nasty ones.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by hikix]

Not to be technical, but I highly doubt that it was a warthog, seeing that warthogs are found in Northern and Southern Savanna in Africa which is some distance from Germany. Yeah, I know what you meant.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Statement withdrawn.

[edit on 2-5-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Always a pleasure wasting some time at OkamiZaku's threads

Just wanted to add that it is most unlikely that thing was a bear.

Hunters kill the 1st German wild bear in 170 years
Pretty desturbing isnt it?

@ OkamiZaku I wanted to post a list of animals that might fit the description you gave but instead i am going to give you a link.

Have fun brothers and sisters

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
I agree, it could have been an average sized animal such as a wolf, fox, or wild boar and your imagination bloated the size to that of a bear or bigfoot. But anyways, does it really matter what animal it was? It didnt bite you or anything right?

Wolfs havebeen wiped out of Germany...they only live in Spain, parts of France and the Italian Alps. Foxes are just slim little creatures...a fat fox would not be the size of a freaking deer or a bear...a wild boar could be possible. My stepmother sees them all the time back at her summer cottage in the Netherlands. But this is Germany so, I don't know. And, no, it didn't bite me.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier

Wolfs havebeen wiped out of Germany...they only live in Spain, parts of France and the Italian Alps. Foxes are just slim little creatures...a fat fox would not be the size of a freaking deer or a bear...a wild boar could be possible. My stepmother sees them all the time back at her summer cottage in the Netherlands. But this is Germany so, I don't know. And, no, it didn't bite me.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Antoine
Always a pleasure wasting some time at OkamiZaku's threads

Are you trying to say my threads are just useless and pure stupidity? You're a jerk.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join