It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Utility Links At Top of Page

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Is anyone else bothered by the fact that when we make a post and post it, that we have to scroll all the way back to the top of the screen just to go back to our myATS favorites page? Is there some way that we might be able to get that bar at the bottom too, so that we could eliminate some of the time navigating the site? It's not too bad yet, but I can foresee a time when it will get really bad. Pages that are really long are a bear to move through, especially when we shouldn't have to to navigate around the various sites here.

Just some thoughts. Feel free to criticize me openly on this one, as I'm bringing this before all for all to speak up on.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Go to your myATS Favourites page, press CTRL + D, and there ya go, a quick and handy instant link to your ATS page from any site on the internet, and not only from half way down said random thread.

I think all the toolbars and all that are crowded enough as it is. I'm always being asked, 'Are you playing a game?' by people when I'm browsing ATS.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Go to your myATS Favourites page, press CTRL + D,

I did that and nothing happen. What is suppose to happen?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It sets up a bookmark, so that you can get it at any point later by going to your bookmarks page. I was just bothered by the fact that there's no directory listing at the bottom of the screen like there used to be. Kind of makes browsing the site hard, unless ya wanna do like wtr suggested, and bookmark the pages of interest, which I've done. It just seems kind of inefficient.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Oh ok,

thanks for telling me.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Ok then, go to your myATS Favourites page, click the bookmarks/favourites tab in the toolbar right at the very top of the screen, then click 'Bookmark this page/Add this page to Favourites.'

Or you could even make the page your home page. Tools>Options>Home Page

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
there is one quick way to get back to the top of a page, and it's via the "page top" link at the bottom of your page

much quicker than scrolling

(of course you may have to scroll a little to get down to it!)

[edit on 30-4-2007 by pantha]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Though I daresay this isn't very useful to most, on my laptop I have a line on the touchpad for scrolling, and pushing up that quickly can get from top to bottom or the other way round, in one or two goes, even on a massive page, for example this one.

And of course pgup and pgdown are fairly quick.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by apex]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
there is one quick way to get back to the top of a page, and it's via the "page top" link at the bottom of your page

much quicker than scrolling

(of course you may have to scroll a little to get down to it!)

[edit on 30-4-2007 by pantha]

LOL!! Thank you... I missed that COMPLETELY!!! We can close this thread now.. Sorry that I've been, well, blinded by the board's content.

TheBorg

top topics

join