It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 dead in Kansas City shootings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

4 dead in Kansas City shootings

www.msnbc.msn.com

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - A shooting at a Kansas City shopping center has left at least three dead, including the gunman, police said. A fourth person was found dead at a home in the area and the death appears to be linked to the gunman, police said.

Two of the victims were killed around 3:45 p.m. in the parking lot of the Ward Parkway Center in south Kansas City. The victims were found in their vehicles, which were parked on either side of the gunman's car.

The gunman, whose name wasn't released, fired more shots in the parking lot, wounding at least two others before he went inside the mall, police spokesman Tony Sanders said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if this was going to be an attempt to "out do" the Virginia Tech shootings. It seems that everytime there is one shooting, then there will always be another within months. Any thought would be appreciated!!

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I will be interested to hear about the women that was dead before the mall shooting,

Seems this man was driving the dead womens car, which is why it was stopped, Seems the lady was elderly,

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I'm surprised that even though he was stopped by a police officer, and shot him in the shoulder, that he was even able to make it to the mall. Shouldn't police backup have been called right away?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan

I'm just wondering if this was going to be an attempt to "out do" the Virginia Tech shootings. It seems that everytime there is one shooting, then there will always be another within months. Any thought would be appreciated!!

www.msnbc.msn.com

Well, having lived in Kansas City for many years, I can say that this type of report is not unheard of; I don't imagine that it is unheard of in most major metropolitan cities in this country, unfortunately. South Kansas City and the Ward Parkway Mall, in particular have seen previous shootings of this magnatude. If it was an attempt to "outdo" the VA Tech shootings, the shooter in question was not very successful. Sorry, I just see this as another indication of the state of violent crime in our big cities. Nothing More.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I know shootings happen all over the country, everyday. But, what defines whether or not it makes national headlines? Does it have to be something other than one person getting shot, or perhaps a slow day for news on the national level?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by secret titan
I know shootings happen all over the country, everyday. But, what defines whether or not it makes national headlines? Does it have to be something other than one person getting shot, or perhaps a slow day for news on the national level?

I'd say the latter more than the former; multiple shootings happen all the time in this country but you don't see them on national news reports unless it's a slow news day or there is something really sensational about the crime.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So true. I was watching Fox News on Friday and it seemed like all the new was about California! Two car chases, two shootings and a bank robbery that, at the time, they didn't have the suspects in custody yet. However none of the shootings really took place somewhere that mass casualties could have resulted.

apc

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I posted on this a few hours ago and it got zero attention... I guess I got missed as there was another thread on a different subject starting with "Kansas City"...

Kansas City, MO - At least two dead in mall shooting.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by apc]

new topics

top topics

join