It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STRANGE glowing clouds over the poles!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Nothing points to this being "Northern Lights" in what I will provide in the link below.

Is this part of a Global warming phenomenom?

...Are the "night-shining" clouds a sign of meteroids? Or should they perhaps related to climate changes? Some scientists support the theory that they are seeded by space dust and others concider them as a result of global warming...

Strange Glowing clouds over the polar regions

Or is there another plausible explanation?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Nasa is going to launch a spacecraft to study this phenomenom:

NASA Satelite

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Come on folks...

Throw me a 'Mother Hubbards' bone.

Any idea to what is happening over our poles?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I don't trust that source, to be honest. (Looks like you found another)

Also, this image:

appears to be very fake. Looks like the brush tool in Photoshop.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by Johnmike]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
HIgh clouds can certainly reflect sunrays to the ground that otherwise wouldn't be at the right angle to hit the ground. This effect would be strongest at the poles.

jra

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
HIgh clouds can certainly reflect sunrays to the ground that otherwise wouldn't be at the right angle to hit the ground. This effect would be strongest at the poles.

You beat me to it. I was just going to say this just looks like high altitude clouds catching sunlight.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Could be related to the aurora Borealis north pole or australis, southpole effect. We like to think we understand alot but we don't know it all

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I read something about this somewhere else, and one of the anomalies mentioned was that the high altitude clouds are usually over the polar regions but now are extending further south - even visible over places like Colorado. They are (I believe) clouds made of micro ice crystals. Water collects on small dust particles and are swept up somehow to these high altitudes or something like that was the theory on how they formed.

My thoughts were that maybe these particles become charged and accumulate near a concentrated point where the earths magnetic field is strong. Maybe the field is relaxing somewhat and this area of charged particles is becoming spread out more causing these clouds to extend more towards the equator.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Could be related to the aurora Borealis north pole or australis, southpole effect. We like to think we understand alot but we don't know it all

That's what I thought at first.

But why would NASA send their cronies in to focus in on a naturally occuring phenomenom? Why all the 'Hoopla'? That's alot of tax-payers monies going somewhere.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

But why would NASA send their cronies in to focus in on a naturally occuring phenomenom? Why all the 'Hoopla'? That's alot of tax-payers monies going somewhere.

It perhaps is not THE aurora effect, but related somehow. Perhaps the solar wind interacts with components in the clouds rather than interacting with the Earths mag field.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes

Originally posted by TheDuckster

It perhaps is not THE aurora effect, but related somehow. Perhaps the solar wind interacts with components in the clouds rather than interacting with the Earths mag field.

That's what I'm trying to figure out! Good point greatlakes!

What KIND of abnormal conditions would prompt NASA to send in the brigades to figure out what is 'so different'.

What is so facinating to NASA, at this point in time, to focus a satelite on the poles?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I know that I'm pressing the issue, but why are there not many people courious about this topic?

I reiterate again:

What KIND of abnormal conditions would prompt NASA to send in the brigades to figure out what is 'so different'.

What is so facinating to NASA, at this point in time, to focus a satelite on the poles?

What is going on?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think it is safe to say that NO ONE knows, let alone the scientists over at NASA. One would guess its the aurora Borealis, but how could one know for certain?

The picture is a drawing folks, not a satellite photograph...

bs

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
is this the same story?
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

maybe the poles are beginning to shift....

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Maybe the HAARP project is doing more then gauging the ionisphere?

Official:

www.haarp.alaska.edu...

Unofficial:

www.haarp.net...

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
That looks so incredibly fake.

Personally I think it makes the whole website a fraud. =/

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
umm... hate to burst your bubble... but the picture with the pink highlight is just highlighting the areas affected by the lights... for those of you thinking it IS the light... well it isnt... read the website... secondly the clouds they are talking about have existed for a very long time, but there are many weather phenomenon we dont understand, we are just begining to understand the physics behind lightning, realizing that the majority of the energy is being displaced between the ionosphere and i think its the stratosphere (the effect is refered to as an energy gyser i think)... anyways the topic can be researched if you really wanted, in fact i think the discovery channel covered the topic once already, anyways cheers

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I think it is safe to say that NO ONE knows, let alone the scientists over at NASA. One would guess its the aurora Borealis, but how could one know for certain?

The picture is a drawing folks, not a satellite photograph...

bs

I understand about the drawing, in that people want to 'photo-shop' or ad- lib with scribblings to define an area in the best way they can present.

It's not the schmantics I'm worried about, but much more about the news that was presented to the public pertaining to this phenomenom surrounding our poles right now.

If anyone has any up-dated news plus better pics, this would be appreciated. I'm searching for more as I type these words.

I, personally, think this is important, pertaining to my previous posts.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I think I remember hearing about this in the mainstream media, way to lazy to do any research, of course. Based on what little data I have I think that the water necessary to cause this phenomenon is coming from cometary fragments.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   
That image is certainly not a fake, unless NASA is faking images of course. NASA could have photoshoped it to highlight the regions, yes. Here is the original source:

veimages.gsfc.nasa.gov...

If you search the net you will find plenty of information about the polar clouds discussed in the article mentioned by Duckster.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join