It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Britain is to release UFO files

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
What gets me is that even if every country in the world comes out with their UFO info, the general population will still never believe it untill the sky is filled with them. And where is the media in all this? Nothing but snickers and snippits. Maybe all the other countries are tired of the US calling the shots and have decided to come forward with or without us. (Just thinking out loud). Thankyou for starting this thread I will be checking back.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If this is true, then it seems that we are moving closer to disclosure, or he release of non sensitive files could be a way to show that there isn't really such a great deal happening.

We can only guess at the true reasoning, but its good to see this happen. Is this being reported on mainstream yet?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
If this is true, then it seems that we are moving closer to disclosure, or he release of non sensitive files could be a way to show that there isn't really such a great deal happening.

We can only guess at the true reasoning, but its good to see this happen. Is this being reported on mainstream yet?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think this is a part of the illuminati's big plot, firstly to slowly show the public that there is extraterrestrials, then slowly bring into the public view their ALIEN INVASION HOAX agenda. The Illuminati's trump card to cause PROBLEM REACTION SOLUTION, this will then be followed by a UN type coalition of countries to fight this ALIEN INVASION......Hey it'll be a One World Government, and we better microchip the human race so we can determine who is human and who is alien here comes the digital angel!!!.....

Thats all what this is leading to can't you guys wake up and smell whats happenin or u still hypnotised lol...

Go and buy some 70 litre containers and start stocking up food, first aid kits, water. # will happen...

[edit on 30/4/07 by free_spirit_earth]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by classified material
Lets face it......do you really think Britain will really disclose ALL of it's UFO files? NO. Do you think France really disclosed ALL of it's UFO files? NO. So although it is a good thing, it's not 100% complete UFO disclosure. It's not everything they know about and have obtained over the past 50+ years.

No indeed not...but all of this is a small step forward. The world is not ready for the silver platter ET. Disclosure in my opinion will be in small digestable increments.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
this is very intersting!

if the govement was going to release information on ufo's the truth is they would release all of it, it would be just a small dose...and would be exactly what they want us to see.

as to why its all happening now is a question in itself!

i have a feeling its all to do with something the goverment cant stop, such as an alien visit on a level the goverment cant stop or hide. so what do you do abolut something you cant hide? you slowely slip it into the system so more and more people are aware of it!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
do you all think that the brits will release documents that admit aliens have come here and things like this? hell no... they'll do just like france ,publish files that are like sand in your eyes.
The top secret files,military files about ufos and aliens will not be published !
The disclosure will come either from the president of a certain country or a big conference will be announced ,with people from military ,senators or important members in the parliament.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Did'nt they recently release a statement saying that none of the UFO activity they investigated turned out to be anything but weather phenominon and mis-identified aircraft. I read this just a few days ago. So this "release" of info is nothing more than a whitewash to confirm the "official" findings.
Wait till they're closely gaurded secret turns out to be reports of weather balloons and ball lighting..then everyone will say "see I told you so, its nothing at all"!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
i completely agree! if the truth about aliens was to come out then it would be from the very top people itself!

what im trying to say is, does it not seem weird how suddenly lots of places are suddenly releasing information about alien contact? france, america, england and the vatican!
thats serious stuff and cant be ignored!

are they releasing all this information, no matter how small or important to make the world aware about something big thats going to happen soon or in the future!

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I agree. Regardless of whether the information released is proof or not, and I think not. It IS significant that many nations are choosing now...this year to release it. The result in my opinion is to be that the general public has ufo's and aliens and earth-like planets and the idea that this might all have something to it drummed into the mind of the populace. As time goes on, people will no longer see the idea of aliens visiting Earth as something to be mocked and disregarded.

If i'm wrong about all this, then time will tell.
But I think that time WILL tell, and I don't think we'll have to wait long....

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So it's a plasma phenomenon? Read the whole uap report yesterday.

it's a really interesting phenomenon. Still you kinda hoped it were craft in a way

The brown one
what im trying to say is, does it not seem weird how suddenly lots of places are suddenly releasing information about alien contact?

But do you also read the releases? None of those releases could find evidence of a controlled phenomenon or craft but rather natural phenomena.

This is from the British disclosure:

- No evidence exists to associate the phenomena with any particular nation.
- No evidence exists to suggest that the phenomena seen are hostile or under any type of control, other then that of natural physical forces.
- There is no evidence solid objects exist which could cause a collision hazard.

The conditions and method of formation of the electrically-charged plasma's and the scientific rationale for sustaining them for significant periods is incomplete or not fully understood.

[edit on 1/5/2007 by David2012]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
See, I love that disclaimer! They pin it on some "Mysterious" phenominon that conveinently is'nt understood, and probably is so rare it cant possible account for every sighting in its behaviour. What a load of GUFF..why dont they just say its ghosts..its about as good as that crappy explanation.

Of course the sheeple will blindly believe it..

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Plasma's dont look like they're made of metal, nor do they exhibit controlled movements (in formation even) or show up on radar.

BUNK BUNK BUNK

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It would help if you read the entire document.

As for the seemingly controlled behaviour being electromagnetic they are pushed and pulled by the charges in their surroundings.. e.g. approach an aircraft.

It's a real phenomenon and it definitely accounts for many of the orbs I've seen on video.. I never thought orbs where anything else then well.. orbs..anyway.

I haven't seen any shiny metal ufo pic that was credible. Most are obvious fakes or identifiable if one takes the time to really look.

Also if you would have read the documents you would have known that they admit the plasma's can't account for all the cases.

Just because their might be aliens up there does not mean everything strange we see is them. and vice versa. just because there are many plasma's up there does not mean everything strange is one....
That's some form of closed-minded openmindednes... don't use 'or' so much, use 'and' more.

[edit on 1/5/2007 by David2012]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Isaac,

A shameless plug but...

www.virtuallystrange.net...

I found your comments to actually be of more substance than the report itself. The time you obviously have taken to present the "facts", combined with a subtle opinion is refreshing in Ufology.

Interesting read.

[edit on 1-5-2007 by timb3r]

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by The-Brown-One
what im trying to say is, does it not seem weird how suddenly lots of places are suddenly releasing information about alien contact? france, america, england and the vatican!

You forgot Chile.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
www.cnes.fr..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Hi,

Good sharing IsaacKoi, and informative blog.

Some French docs are translated to English and available in this Astrithr thread www.abovetopsecret.com... .

brotherthebig.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by deaman88
Is this being reported on mainstream yet?

This story has now reached the mainstream press.

See the article today (3 May 2007) on the website of Britain's "Guardian" newspaper entitled "MoD opens its files on UFO sightings to public"
at the link below:
www.guardian.co.uk...

From the Guardian article
The Ministry of Defence plans to open its "X-Files" on UFO sightings to the public for the first time. Officials have not yet decided on a date for the release of the reports, which date back to 1967, but it is hoped to be within weeks.

From the Guardian article
David Clarke, a lecturer in journalism at Sheffield Hallam University and author of Flying Saucerers: A Social History of UFOlogy, said opening the MoD's files would make it harder to sustain the idea that evidence for the existence of aliens has been suppressed. "The more of this stuff that they put on their website or put in the national archives, the less it will cost the taxpayer, because at the moment people are writing in about individual incidents and they are having respond," said Dr Clarke, referring to requests under the Freedom of Information Act.

The documents due for release are witness reports of apparent UFO sightings, many by civil pilots and military personnel. Most were simply collected and filed by a small, secret unit within defence intelligence called DI55. A few are thought to have been investigated further by the military, but the details have never been made public. There are 24 files due for release, each containing 200-300 reports of sightings, plus internal MoD briefings and correspondence.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The story is now also on "The Register" with the title "MoD to publish secret UFO files" and the comment "Tinfoil mob likely unruffled by flimsy cover story":
www.theregister.co.uk...

it seems unlikely that any true conspiracy theorist worth his tinfoil hat would be pacified by anything short of spaceships and dead aliens on display in the Science Museum - and even then there would surely be some asserting that the real good stuff was being kept hidden.

The story has also spread to various other news websites, including a South African one.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I wrote a message to Nick Redfern on his blog and asked him if he thought anything of substance would be released. He replied:

Well, as far as the files are concerned, I think it’s highly likely that we’ll see some interesting reports; simply because most of the older files contain interesting reports too.

Granted, most of the stuff that the MoD has released tends to be “lights in the sky” type stuff.

But every so often there will be something interesting - a pilot report, a radar report, a vehicle interference case etc.

I think what will be lacking, however, is any sort of deep analysis by the Ministry of Defense.

Seems for the most part they didn’t dig deep to resolve the issue of what it was that people saw, once they ruled out “national security” concerns.

The thing that those not aware of the situation need to remember is that the MoD has never had a Project Blue Book type group that is specifically designed to investigate UFOs as such.

Determining what UFOs were or are was never a part of tbe MoD’s agenda. If the relevant case in question did’t affect national security, the MoD just filed it away.

But from a UFO researcher perspective, it’s quite probable I think, that there are going to be some good nuggets of info in there.

... which I think is probably all we can hope for.

( www.ufomystic.com... )

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join