It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Britain is to release UFO files

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
As many of you are aware, France recently made a mass of UFO files available. See the thread I started on this a few weeks ago at the link below:
www.abovetopsecret.com...'.htm

Now, Dr Dave Clarke has announced that he received a letter from the British Ministry of Defence last month indicating that the MoD has similar plans.See:
www.drdavidclarke.co.uk...

Dr Dave Clarke has said:
Britain's Ministry of Defence are to publish their secret archive of UFO reports to dispel claims they have been hiding knowledge of alien visitors to the UK. ...

Although the MoD claim no UFO report has ever been judged to be of defence significance, a small number were subjected to detailed investigations by the RAF and DI55. The nature of these investigations, and their findings, have until recently been a closely guarded secret. During the same thirty year period covered by the French UFO project, more than 7,000 UFO reports were collected by DI55 whose precise role and responsibilities the British Government refuse to discuss. Until recently it was feared all 24 of DI55's UFO files could be destroyed as they had been exposed during storage to deadly asbestos dust along with 63,000 other 'sensitive' intelligence files from the Cold War. But at the end of a £3 million publicly-funded project all the contaminated papers have been saved and are scanned onto CD roms.

A decision was taken earlier this year to make the UFO archive a priority for release via the MoD's website which already hosts the papers on the Rendlesham Forest incident and the Condign report. The first electronic scans of the UFO files, which begin in the mid-1970s, will be added to the website later this year. The DI55 archive contains numerous reports by service personnel including RAF and Royal Navy pilots and by civilian aircrew. They also include the material used by the author of the Condign report who analysed more than 3,000 UFO reports collected by the MoD during the ten years 1987-97."

Dr Clarke is a British researcher that teaches journalism at Sheffield Hallam University and folklore at Sheffield University. He recently co-authored a new book called "Flying Saucerers: A social history of Ufology". See:
www.amazon.co.uk...

The Condign Report mentioned by Dr Clarke was released by the MoD during May 2006 and is available online on the MoD website at: /kqll2

My comments on the Condign Report can be found on the UFO Updates website at the the link below:
www.virtuallystrange.net...

Kind Regards,

Isaac Koi

[edit on 29-4-2007 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
could be interesting.

I wonder if some of nick popes stories will be in there. I like the one about a big triangular craft flying over a military base.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is an interesting development, and I'm happy to see it
happening.

I'm going to ask, since I haven't seen the files released by France, yet;
are they being released in total ? Ergo, no blacked out areas on the
papers ?

Or, are they being released similar to the U.S. FOIA papers.
You might get a header and a few sentences, the rest of the document
being blacked out.

Just curious,
Lex

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The Blue Book files are online as well. I suspect most of us think the Blue Book files are not, shall we say, definitive. I wonder if these very public "release of files" from various countries are putting ther equivalent of Blue Book out there. See what I'm saying?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion
.....Or, are they being released similar to the U.S. FOIA papers.
You might get a header and a few sentences, the rest of the document
being blacked out.

I wouldn't count on getting any conclusive evidence, in fact evidence of any sort.

We'll get to see only what they choose, as always.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Where are the French files to actually research? Links?

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
As soon as I hear the words 'gov', 'release', 'secret' and 'papers'. Whether its regarding UFO's, spies or the dangers of living under power lines! I think to myself "why bother?". If there was anything remotely interesting in the files, then you could bet your bottom dollar we would not be seeing it!

Nothing to see here...move along!

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Thread flagged. I will email this to Nick Pope to see what he says. I'll post his reponse.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
At first i could think it's a good news....but the truth is i don't know if it's part of a possible "cover up" plan.

case a: there is nothing in the sky to worry about & then nothing to "hide"=> we release all we know about this subjecton the net

case b: there are a gang of stuff, we can't possibly let this be known & so we must disinform the population

the thing is WHY NOW? why not 20 years ago

is it because scientists have studied a lot of phenomena but those weren't ufos (aliens ships), or is it because the ufos case never was as big as it is today..too sensitive to get compromised.

I wonder

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Lets face it......do you really think Britain will really disclose ALL of it's UFO files? NO. Do you think France really disclosed ALL of it's UFO files? NO. So although it is a good thing, it's not 100% complete UFO disclosure. It's not everything they know about and have obtained over the past 50+ years.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes
Where are the French files to actually research? Links?

As I stated in the thread on those files, they can be found here:
www.cnes-geipan.fr...

See in particular the section entitled "Recherche" at:
www.cnes-geipan.fr...

Kind Regards,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Strange that Britain is doing this now. As a few said above they will release all of the crap and keep the good stuff top secrete of course. I just find it strange that within 6 months there have been major countries releasing ufo files. What I would like to know is why is all this happening now, after 40+ years of secrecy. I have a strong feeling the next 5 years we might actually see some form of disclosure, a month ago I would of never said that.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Dont you think they might only release the debunked files, the ones that cant be proven or ones that stink like ass.
After all, all them files they say dont exist will be mighty embarrassing if they turn up now.
I wont hold my breath for anything of significance.
Aint buying any of it.
Now cue the UFO hate club "oh so they release the files and you still arent happy?"
My answer to these folk are simply, they arent releasing anything that will be of any significance and will you really believe them if they say "thats the lot!"

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i know its been said over and over again... but the only reason disclosure isn't here is because of big media and gov't. why do we have to wait on them to say "this is real" for us to realize that it is real.... i know we believe and everything but its just frustrating that media and the gov't are making millions of believers seem like they are one big cult or something like that. the key to disclosure is clearly the right pr. in which we will probably never get.l

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
They are going to disclose the exact same amount as France: Absolutley nothing.

Either there is nothing there to disclose or they are putting out word that they have released 'all they have' with no intention of really divulging what they may know (that is assuming that there is something to know).

If the later is true then all we will be recieving is something which says "see, we do not have a thing; move along".

Eh.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I BELIEVE
PS
Disclosure is not here because they are not going to let out the energy revolution.
for those reasons alone
its control of power and money
energy = power and money
remember the Golden Rule
Him who has the gold make the rules

just do a search on Utube for water cars
I found seven indepentant water car inventors.
nothing but electrolsis with high freq current and simple H2O

face it...they have everone controlled by the sale of energy.
you think there gonna admit to free energy?

thats why no disclosure
control

that and the average person is not aware...even with Youtube information
man we are sheepal.
wake up people...energy is all around us.
we are on a planet that is mainly water
Hydrogen and solar and scalar wave energy
its all there and free
but your all too unorganized to change and free it up
so for now the sale of energy will be the control mechanism of the elite

[edit on 30-4-2007 by junglelord]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'm sure it's because of the increased internet activity and the Disclosure movement that's been going on for years. They're releasing the information to discredit all believers.

"Here you go." "Here's your disclosure –so shut up."

We'll never see any real evidence. Everyone always asked, "If they have nothing to hide, why don't they release the info?" Well, now they have and we're still left with nothing.

Just another public media game.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Finally some insightful posts to read on this forum. I am in agreement with a few others here that this fake disclosure is merely a bone thrown to the people who demand answers. It's part of the global cover up. Ignore it. We can only wait for that obvious incident which they will not be able to deny. The Ohare airport sighting is getting real close. You know they are running scared. Maybe this fake disclosure bs is a sign of their desparation.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 10538I am in agreement with a few others here that this fake disclosure is merely a bone thrown to the people who demand answers.

Why would the gov't feel pressured in any way to 'throw us a bone' of disclosure? Has the pressure pushing for disclosure been overwhelming by the people, I really can't imagine this being the case. I don't think millions have written their lawmakers pushing for disclosure, am I wrong?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Desperation or just plain ole style marketing tactics.

They have denyed and discredited for 40 years now. If I told the same 100 people the same story over and over for 40 years maybe 10% of those would debunk my story or never accept it. The others would come to a point of upon which I would began to tell it and they would just say..yea,yea,yea we know yadda yadda..nothing new. Those 80% would take my story for it's word and never debunk or challenge. But over time they would get tired of hearing it. It would hold no shock value, or emotional grasp it would be just the same story and would mean nothing. This is what the government could be doing. Deny,deny,deny let the media and social marketing do it's trick to take all the emotional shock out of a disclosure. Makes complete sense. We see aliens everyday in T.V. hell the energizer bunny commercials for christ sake. It's working like a charm...you have those who are true believers and those who see to believe and those who don't and refuse to ever believe. Over a period of time the 2 of the 3 that need to be conditioned are slowly by media spikes and such to the point to where when they disclose it's going to be. Big deal so what! The government would rather explain the means of why than the reason why.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join