It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So if the planes could not have taken down the WTC.....

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Yet Sunday a steel structure that had nowhere near the load that the damaged floors and none of the structural damage of the WTC failed. I think its pretty darned relevant IMHO

What I find pretty darn relevant is that the bridge obviously collapsed from the expansion/control joints. Anyone want to find out what the joints were made of and how much steel was used in the joints? Most joints are rubber. Which would melt. Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The main problem with this theory, is that gaseous metal was present after the fall of the towers. Is a hydrocarbon fire going to sublimate steel (or aluminium) now? You have hard trouble proving it will melt.

While I am still searching for a source I used to have on this, condensed metal was found on nearby windows. In the appearance of mercury at that point, however definitely not mercury as it would go on to cool into solid metal.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Here is a typical expansion joint for a bridge deck.

It is actually 2 pictures combined. In the bottom picture, you can see what a typical expansion joint looks like. Notice that the material that bridges (pun intended) the steel is rubber. What would "melt" first. Steel or rubber?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Well, I guess that's it then? No one wants to rebut my analysis that the expansion joints failed and NOT the steel? Usual.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
No rebuttal possible. There is always an exception to the assertation that a "steel structure can fail from fire".

Material science. Fundamental to 9/11 Conspiracies.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Well the evidence is clear that the planes impacts did not cause the collapse, also the evidence suggest the fires were not hot enough or burn long enough to cause a global collapse. So that leaves the fact that something else had to help heat the steel enough to casue a global collapse plus leave molten steel in the basements and debris.

Their is 1 thing that can produce the heat to do this and that is thermite.

www.physics911.net...

Anomalies involving the collapse of WTC buildings on 9-11 are discussed from the perspective of possible controlled demolition implosion rather than of aircraft impact and fuel-fire damage. Considered is the possible use of thermite to melt sections of the columns of the WTC towers inner cores, thus aiding in their collapse. This paper will discuss the structure of the WTC core columns, and estimate the mass of metal to be melted; calculate the sensible and latent heat energy needed for melting this mass; discuss the nature and specific energies of the thermite reaction; estimate the mass and volume of thermite necessary to provide the energies for melting; and discuss the possible locations where such thermite could be placed to cause melting, both internal and external to a core column.

Evidence of molten steel was found at the very base of the WTC towers, and is a matter of public record. This present study is by no means exhaustive. It is intended as a first attempt to test the possibility that the core columns could have been melted by a known chemical compound. Thermite was chosen as the reactive chemical compound because it is well understood, and is used commercially to weld steel parts (e.g. train rail sections in situ). Other more sophisticated chemical compounds with higher energy densities, by mass and/or volume, could be used in future calculations. Broad assumptions will be made, to get rough estimates of relevant parameters.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I think Alex Jones ripped me off... JERK... notice there is no TIME on his "publication":

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Check out this footage of one of the airliner's hitting the Tower's.I've never seen this footage ,it shows in great detail how fast these jet's were going when they hit the Tower's.I don't know what some of you think but that is ALOT of velocity and to think that the planes didnt do a lot of damage to the Tower's is ignorant.That is an incredible amount of energy.

The only conspiracy is that certain official's and the world's elite did everything in there power to make sure this happened.

Go to 1:43 in this link.
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 7-5-2007 by Samblak]

[edit on 7-5-2007 by Samblak]

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samblak
Check out this footage of one of the airliner's hitting the Tower's.I've never seen this footage ,it shows in great detail how fast these jet's were going when they hit the Tower's.I don't know what some of you think but that is ALOT of velocity and to think that the planes didnt do a lot of damage to the Tower's is ignorant.That is an incredible amount of energy.

Well 1 problem is that the planes ware made of aluminum. They would have been sheared into piecies from hitting the exterior steel beams. So they would not have caused much more damage to the interior steel beams.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join