It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican truckers' free travel put on hold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Mexican truckers' free travel put on hold

www.signonsandiego.com

The Bush administration appears to be delaying the start of a one-year experiment that would allow 100 Mexican carriers access to U.S. highways for the first time since 1982.

Congressional critics of the plan said they have been told by U.S. Department of Transportation officials that the administration will comply with proposed legislation to delay the program until U.S. truckers receive the equivalent right to travel throughout Mexico.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
So now their going to wait until it's made OK for US truckers to venture freely in Mexico before they let Mexican truckers venture freely here?

Maybe they missed the point?

www.signonsandiego.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
wasn't there supposed to be a strike amoung the American truckers?

i'm sure i heard about that on this site, but i havn't been able to find any news. google only returns Vancouver trucker strikes.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I think that allowing American truckers into mexico may be only right, but i would not operate trucks down there. The security is horrible, the roads damage your vehicles, you can't find clean fuel (without random additives to increase profit). There is little value in operating a truck from the US in MExico that i could see.

On the flip side of the coin, i would expect that Mexican drivers and their vehicles would be of a higher quality than what you see from the regular populace. When i lived in El Paso, seeing a Juarez plate was enough to make you slow down or pull over. No insurance and poor accountability make for a very poor driving situation.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just a quick search with not much effort put into it gave me this:
US truckers going to strike

Since this is being brought about by the SPP, I'm also certain that just about all the people across the nation voicing their concerns with that as well put the brakes on this inside job.

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
thats funny. you added "going to" and that returned completely different results. i searched "US trucker strike"

www.google.com...

did not give me anything you got. google... pfff

Non of he search results lead to any popular news sites. only blogs and variouse articles, but no news reports. is there a reason why CNN, NBC, or any of those do not find this interesting.

[edit on 29-4-2007 by tom goose]

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
the reason that they don't get involved at all with border stories.

I will tell you one thing, we need labor. I hear the folks in Ohio saying that their manufacturing industry is dying, and i say to them that they should move to Texas. The Union states are not able to compete with the free market world. Texas is a right to work state and we have such a large boom of industry that we have had to close down restaurants for lack of labor.

I have 300 jobs for bilingual people to work for $9 an hour in a very low cost of living region in West Texas. Any takers? U2U me if you are serious and i will put you to work.

Seriously, though...the whole thing with Mexico is another diversion. We are not at threat from Mexicans any more than our own government. We just need to execute the policies better and enforce the common sense laws we already have (and throw out the more xenophobic ones).

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
We are not at threat from Mexicans any more than our own government.

Where the US Government is at fault for stripping the US citizens of their rights, liberties, and freedoms on a daily basis, I would hardly say that is not a threat.

The Tucson sector Border Patrol union local 2544 on the number of illegal aliens in our nation: "There are currently 15 to 20 million illegal aliens in this country by many estimates, but the real numbers could be much higher and the numbers increase every day because our borders are not secure.
source

20 million illegals in our country, and that's not a problem?

The illegal alien population is currently 70 percent Mexican, with 30 percent coming from other countries.
source

That's 14 million alone from Mexico. That's not a problem?

There are laws for naturalization. If you don't follow those laws, you're (you generalized) breaking them, thus making yourself a criminal from the get go. If a criminal has no right to be here in the US, then they need to be sent back, immediately.

You are right, however, we do need labor here in the US.

The number of unemployed persons (7.0 million) and the unemployment rate (4.6 percent) were about unchanged in January 2007 compared with December 2006.
source

Looks to me, there's plenty of work to go around for American citizens.

new topics

top topics

join