It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.4 Earthquake in Kent

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
These callers are pretty funny, I love it!

The best one was on Skynews

the caller basically repeated what Skynews said 5 minutes ago lol word for word

it was like a scene from hollywood.

[edit]

One women injured.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I felt it just outside of gravesend this morning I was still asleep I thought it was workmen replacing the pylon cables, then thought about it a bit more, they dont work weekends, it was quite a load rumble, and i'm sure their was two of them. Wonder if this is a sign of events to come.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPQR
Wonder if this is a sign of events to come.

You think they will be more?

im not sure, this sort of thing isn't really my strongest subject.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
FOX should be coming on live at 7am (just a few minutes), they'll probably have a lot of Sky coverage.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Anyone know the radius of the quakes affect?? I'm in Plymouth on the south west coast and didn't feel anything here.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
There more than likely wont be more,

these quakes do happen every year and to that mag, but just not in areas like this and not so on the surface,

this is significant, but not unusual in some respects,

We have a UK center, www.bgs.ac.uk...

here is the listing of UK quakes, that happen.

www.earthquakes.bgs.ac.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:10 AM
link   
most of the UK quakes are not felt by people.

we get quite alot, all are very small, like 0.5

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Yep the size is pretty odd,

Though there is history of such quakes, So another one for the history book, and you lived it

So make sure you get the papers tomorrow and keep them for later years, May be worth also taping some of the news, just for keep sake.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I have just checked the outside of my house and I have a few bricks missing from my chimney, but I am one of the luckly, other older houses in my street have their chimneys missing and are piles of rubble on the ground, have dents in their cars from the bricks and tiles missing.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeball
I have just checked the outside of my house and I have a few bricks missing from my chimney, but I am one of the luckly, other older houses in my street have their chimneys missing and are piles of rubble on the ground, have dents in their cars from the bricks and tiles missing.

Wow!!!

holy crap

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I am going to take the kids for a walk around the street where I live which are closed to the traffic and have substained the most damage. I will take my video and stills cameria.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:36 AM
link   
im gonna take pictures later of the cracks in the walls

i'll post them up on ATS

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
When I turned on the news here on the East Coast of the USA they are reporting rare earthquake hits England.

It is listed at a 4.7 you can see and read headlines here

www.iris.edu...

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Hmmm

I can hear more helicopters flying around now. The police are still out and about. Things have been brought under control now

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Didnt feel a thing is Southampton but then again, I slept right through the hurricane of 88(?).

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Folkestone has been now declared as no go area and advised people not to travel to.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hope all members from down south england are oks.....

What a nice to way wake up in da morning eh lol......

Any aftershocks as of yet, are ya all expecting more?

I was rather intrigued to hear about the Earthquake on the news this morning, very seldom do we hear about this happening in the uk eh....

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by spencerjohnstone
Any aftershocks as of yet, are ya all expecting more?

local Canterbury radio has told us to "brace ourselves" just incase we get aftershocks.

but, if we are to get aftershocks, we would of got them by now i think

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

AN EARTHQUAKE damaged buildings, caused a major power cut and numerous gas leaks across part of the county this morning. One woman in her 30s was taken to hospital suffering from a minor head injury and neck pain, according to the South East Coast Ambulance Service.

The quake struck at 8.18am. The epicentre was recorded as 15 miles south of Canterbury. The Folkestone and Hythe area was worst hit with a number of damaged homes having to be evacuated.
There were no reports of anyone being hurt. Although the tremor lasted only seconds it was bad enough to crack walls and bring down chimneys which crashed through roofs or into the streets, damaging parked cars.

Some people reported feeling their homes or offices sway.

Worst affected was the Black Bull Road area of Folkestone. Several streets had to be closed to traffic and some residents were evacuated to a nearby Salvation Army hall.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.kentonline.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:11 AM
link   
update from Kent police

Avoid Folkestone and Dover

People are advised to avoid the Folkestone and Dover whilst emergency services continue to work in the area and structural safety checks are carried out.

Residents are advised if they have concerns about structural damage to contact Shepway Council on 01303 221888. Please be aware that these lines are currently very busy.

Police have so far (11.30am) taken just under 250 calls from the public relating to this incident, most of which have concerns regarding fallen debris.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

www.kent.police.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join