It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holographic 3D T.V.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Ah the down sides, I love negativity, it gives the positive a direction.

Rest assured that as I write about the positives of this technology, I am always in the background entertaining ideas based in my darker visions as well, lol. It was not the original intent of this thread to move in that direction but in-light of the progression in the past 18 months, it is actually very important and relative. This is the single biggest conspiracy of the future...

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
HD TV I II and III? Think about it, we are being forced to switch over by the middle of Feb. or loose all reception... This being the first step in indoctrination to the future.

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Just wanted to humbly *Bump* this back up to the forum for our Friday night members. Thanks!

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I don't want holographic 3d TV. It wouldn't be anywhere near as entertaining as regular TV, outside the novelty factor. The problem is obvious: you can only view scenes that fit inside the viewable area of the holographic projector. That's generally going to be a talking person, or some kind of diagram or object. Now that's very useful for many things, but not particularly useful for entertainment. It pretty much eliminates all trace of cinematography.

What I want is stereoscopic 3d TV (and then eventually, true VR). Now currently this requires polarized or active LCD goggles, or a special monitor that somehow manages to achieve stereoscopic 3d without the use of any sort of goggles. It probably has a very narrow viewing angle, though. maybe there'll be something better in the future.

With stereoscopic 3d, you get to perceive depth, while still allowing for convincing backgrounds. It's much closer to actually seeing from the camera's perspective than a hologram. The disadvantage, of course, is that you can only see what the camera sees, instead of getting up and walking to the other side of it.

There's probably a much higher chance of motion sickness with stereoscopic 3d than there is with holography, since the latter is pretty much just like looking at an object, whereas stereoscopic 3d involves focusing on images on a 2d screen as if they were 3d objects in space.

posted on Nov, 10 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Oh, I do so hate being forced.

Of late it has been getting a lot more frequent. I predict that within a short time you will be forced to pay a fee to renew your birth certificate or citizenship.

But I am digressing. I agree with the last poster. How we see is just as important.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join