It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School trip to a White Privilege Conference raises red flag for feds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I don't think it's going to take brainwashing for a 180 degree turn to happen but for whites who are bending over backwards to accomodate everyone, to look around the world at these monocultures who don't seem to be getting branded racists/supremists and want the same for themselves.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
i live in the south and this white guilt trip thing really gets on my last nerve. i have girlfriends that say the reason they go out with african american men is because of their ancestors kept slaves. they tell their blended race children to watch out for crazy white folks when i come over for dinner. i had a team leader from geogia who was african american who told me i should feel ashamed because my ancestors kept slaves.
i tried explaining my view to get over it everybody of every nationality can probably if they can trace it far enough down their family tree find a slave ancestor it had been part of world economics since history started being recorded. on that note he called me a racist and threated to get me fired. yes slavery was a terrible thing but it was in the past let it stay there.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Whites have become the new Jews of the 21st century.IMO
We're the new persecuted.
It's happening systematically everywhere.
I can see the day when instead of white flight from suburbs and towns that there will be white flight from countries. Knowing what happens to towns when whites flee, wonder what will happen to the countries then????

No one seems to have thought that far ahead yet.

The bringing down of white people is probably a conspiracy that really needs looking into. It's been totally ignored thus far. Who's behind it, what motives them and what they hope to accomplish in the end. Somehow I dont think equality is the aim.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleofBatoche
The Powers that be planned this on purpose. Europe still hasn't completely united but when they do......look out minorities.
I believe minorities are being given priviledges on purpose to unite the white and then.........well use your imagination! Why do you think all those detainment centers have been built.

If I was a minority I'd take the blinders off and see what is really about to happen & get out of dodge.
This is not hate speech but an observation.

Please with that Christianesque fear mongering...

Guess what? YOU are the minority worldwide. Whites are only 20% of the population; the only reason whites aren't the TRUE minority is that they currently have the most control worldwide.

And guess what else? Most of the powers that be look more like YOU than me.
So, it's your own people that are screwing you over. Who's funding the radical racist Hispanic groups that want to kill all white males and retake the SW US for Mexico? WHITE PEOPLE! Who's pushing illegal immigration in this country? WHITE PEOPLE! Who's waging the war on the middle class? WHITE PEOPLE!

It is YOU, my friend, who are in for the greatest shock when the North American Union comes to pass. Non-whites already know about getting screwed in this country; it's whites who are definitely going to crack under the pressure.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

The Powers that be planned this on purpose. Europe still hasn't completely united but when they do......look out minorities.
I believe minorities are being given priviledges on purpose to unite the white and then.........well use your imagination! Why do you think all those detainment centers have been built.

If I was a minority I'd take the blinders off and see what is really about to happen & get out of dodge.
This is not hate speech but an observation.

Please with that Christianesque fear mongering...

Guess what? YOU are the minority worldwide. Whites are only 20% of the population; the only reason whites aren't the TRUE minority is that they currently have the most control worldwide.

And guess what else? Most of the powers that be look more like YOU than me.
So, it's your own people that are screwing you over. Who's funding the radical racist Hispanic groups that want to kill all white males and retake the SW US for Mexico? WHITE PEOPLE! Who's pushing illegal immigration in this country? WHITE PEOPLE! Who's waging the war on the middle class? WHITE PEOPLE!

It is YOU, my friend, who are in for the greatest shock when the North American Union comes to pass. Non-whites already know about getting screwed in this country; it's whites who are definitely going to crack under the pressure.

How many white girls / guys have you dated?
Exactly! Your a hate mongering hypocrite!

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

How many white girls / guys have you dated?
Exactly! Your a hate mongering hypocrite!

WTF??

Is that all? Not even worth a real response.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Let's chill here folks.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I come from a multi racial background.
That being said, I find it insulting that if I and a white man take the same exact civil test, and get the same exact number of answers correct, I will score higher, because I am a woman, and of color.
However, people of color are constantly bombarded with the truth that equality does not yet voluntarily exist throughout the US.
We are made aware that having darker skin is a liability, we have even been taught to hate our own ethnicity.
Any one recall the "paper bag test"
Anyone ever hear the jingle, if you're black, stay back, if you're brown, stick around, if you're white, you're alright?
And in the media, there is a clear bias in the reporting between whites and people of color.
If two 17 year old males are arrested for the same exact crime, the white one will often be reported as a "teen" or "youth", but if the guy is not white, I promise you, they will say "the man".
The first opens in the readers mind the willingness to let the kid off, to forgive, he was just playing around, joking, sowing some oats, etc.
But the other firmly sets in the readers mind that this person was fully an adult, and completely responsible for their actions, and had full awareness of the effects of their actions.
Studies have shown that people shown the same exact picture of a face, made lighter or darker by computer imaging, are likely to have a more negative impact when people have been asked what impression of a person based on the picture alone.
I also have found that it is more difficult for darker complected people to get hired for certain jobs. I am "lucky" in that I have a lighter complection, and my hair is very much like my Native ancestors. But for many women, they have the choice of killing their hair with chemicals, burning it through heat application, braiding it down (which is often considered too "ethnic"), wearing a wig, or having a weave put into their hair.
This is one of the reasons that "nappy headed" comment stuck so hard.
As much as I hate to say it, AA is a necessity, as long as the following continues to be the rule, rather than the exception.
And time and again, it has shown that it IS the rule.

www.nowpublic.com...
newstandardnews.net...
newstandardnews.net...
www.inthesetimes.com...
mediaresearchak.org...
www.jsonline.com...
www.northwestern.edu...
academic.udayton.edu...
www.dukenews.duke.edu...
www.northwestern.edu...
www.aclu.org...
www.truthout.org...
www.racematters.org...
academic.udayton.edu...
education.guardian.co.uk...
www.medscape.com...
www.fair.org...
www.onvideo.org...
www.cnn.com...
www.npr.org...
www.cwla.org...

All of these articles show that when it comes to education, health, employment, adoption, justice, housing, etc., there is a clear and on going bias in favor of caucasian people.
However, there is now a distrubing trend that IS fashioning white guilt. I do not agree with that. Yes, I had ancestors that were slaves. But I don't need an apology.
When does AA become reverse rascism? Isn't scoring me higher than the white man who had an equal number of answers just that?

www.duke.edu...
www.nationalcenter.org...

As these two articles suggest. be aware of subtle rascism within different media outlets, and have more than one source of information.

Somewhere in my searching, I found this. I took the first test, just to see how it worked. I have always, because of my multiracial heritage, considered myself color blind. I guess you could say I passed the first test when it comes to racial bias.

implicit.harvard.edu...

I wish I did not have to post all of those links.
I wish I did not find them, but they were found quite easily.
Those of you who wish to deny white privilege can do so all you wish, but time and time, it has been shown that to be more with color, the more disadvataged you are likely to be. And the darker you are, the more diadvataged you will likely be.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Let me start by saying for intensive purposes I appear white. Yet I get comments all the time about looking sleepy or tired due to narrow eyes. Oops, Cherokee background showing through genetically compared to more European decent whites.

In Latino communities I get more friendly acknowledgement until I speak without a hispanic accent or don't react to spanish slang. I do however know a little spanish to be able to enter very limited conversation but am by no means fluent.

Amongst asians I am looked upon as being of mixed decent again the narrow eyes and a slightly yellowish hue to my skin tone. Yes I become more reddish with sun exposure but quickly yellow without constant exposure.

As a child, we visited the reservation at the Great Smokey Mts. in TN. At the age of 5 meeting my first indian I said he wasn't real. That he was just like me only dressed up that way. Embassed Dad for sure but the indian was patient and asked why I thought this. I said it was because his were pale like mine and the tops of his hands and forearms were like mine but a little redder from being in the sun all day. The indian looked at me closely, then at mom and said that he understood why I thought that way. Mom of course has more prominate features than I did being 5 and all. Then he looked at me and said yes, we are very alike. Very strong impression on a child.

Now of course there is no mistaking me for having any black racial similarities. So reactions are dependant on where we are. In a more prodominately white area I am treated very differently than in a predominately black area. Truthseeka I have mixed feelings about. On the one hand I find it cool that you have the award ceremony from the 1968 Olympics for your avatar but find it odd that you use it as a promotion for Islam.

The bronze medal winner, with his left hand raised is John Carlos. His nephew Eric Carlos, trained me to drive a semi-truck in 2005. And as luck had it I was able to meet Eric's mother and his brothers when we took a weekend off while training, since we were in the area. Yep, was the only white guy there and was treated a bit cautiously by the family until they got to know me better. In fact, I may have been the first white guy that one of Eric's nephews had ever seen up close as he was very scared of a white stranger. Of course people laughed and tried to make me feel comfortable about it. The big surprise was went I squatted down and said come here little man. And I told him to not let his family fool you, never trust whitey as whitey may be out to do you wrong. And he laughed. Everyone knew then that I was alright. Even up until that point Eric gave me the benefit of the doubt since we had to live in the truck together for a month. It was after that Eric and I became friends, we still talk from time to time and would hook up if we were in the same area when out on the road for dinner and talkng to his other trainees.

Eric Carlos, I could tell you many stories about. John Carlos, I still haven't met yet. But I can tell you that the whole family is christian. The silent lowering of heads and raising of the black gloved fists was in tribute to the suffering and unequality still in America in 1968. They were also stripped of their medals for demostrating a politcal agenda at the Olympics. And they were unceremoniously handed them back years later. They guy that won second place wished he knew ahead of time and would have joined them in silent protest because he agreed.

Only time I ever seen Eric get really mad was was when some redneck "vets" were talking about nuking them towelheads in Iraq and let god sort them out. "Vets" as one was a supply clerk in Nam and the other was in Germany in the late 70's. Eric was Airborne in the first gulf war and laser painted targets. And post-military he had a job in WTC1 doing IT work. He was saved by having to run his future wife to a doctors appt. And decided trucking would be a better career choice afterward

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   
For those wondering why Eric wasn't called up. He lost two inches from spinal compression when his chute failed to open and his reserve failed to fully deploy on a low altitude jump. Rather than taking the medical discharge he took a promotion to master sgt. served a year and a half as a high school recruiter and another year as a classroom instructor to finish his obligation. Naturally he can not serve in combat capacity and thus was never called.

His take on 9/11. Official story. He is quite familar with America's dislike by Arab States and various groups and factions. But is displeased about Intelligence dropping the ball. I asked about shoot down protocals. And his take was to ask if would I order fire on civilian aircraft without knowing the highjacker's full plan to kamikaze the planes? He said I could armchair I want now, but that wasn't the question. So I said what about the one in PA? Intentions were known by then and Wright-Pat could have scrambled in time as the plane went over Ohio. He rattled off a few other bases that could have scrambled to intercept as well that I didn't know about and can't remember as he said them so quickly. So they might have and they might have not was his final answer. Either way he would never know for sure and that it would be a safe bet no one else ever would admit it if they were the one that shot it down.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by Ahabstar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join