It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra Hour of Daylight Exacerbates Warming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Down with daylight savings time!!!

A letter to the Arkansas Gazette

So, whadya think?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   
You know I was thinking our temps and weather are kinda off.. Perhaps 1 month or so...

We have snow and cold temps in Pittsburgh for the last month, usually that is our thaw period. Then the killer storms of April. But I have been noticing a lot of weirdness in temps comparativeness to months tho.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
That is too funny!!

What happens when those outdoor bank clocks stop on 12:00 noon?

If the clock is not fixed for a couple of days, just think of the warming this would cause to the effected area being bathed in sunlight for over 48hrs

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is a joke, right? You guys aren't really expecting anyone to take this as serious are you?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I'm thinking this was a letter to the editor deal. Amazing how willing some people are to make their ignorance public, isn't it?

At least here, most of us are anonymous.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   
heck, it's so dumb, it might even work.

overturn DST immediately, future of planet at stake!

heck, if it tanks, call it a joke

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   
That is the biggest laugh I've had for weeks.

I heard someone in England say: "I think these wind generators are a terrible idea. I mean, do't we have enough wind already?"

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
That is all I have to say. Really, this is just too funny. This has to be a joke as no one can be that stupid! The one about the Wind "Generators" is pretty funny too.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
maybe I have problems figuring out the math end of this stuff, but isn't there the same amount of daylight? It just depends on how it's measured? You can't take away or add extra daylight.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by thumper76
maybe I have problems figuring out the math end of this stuff, but isn't there the same amount of daylight? It just depends on how it's measured? You can't take away or add extra daylight.

That's why this is so funny!

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This reminds me of the story about the guy who wanted the town to move the deer crossing sign that was near his house.

His argument: There was too much traffic in that area and the deer were being endangered. Also, they would stop and eat his apples while waiting to cross the road.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
How about this, a friend had a newspaper cutting on his fridge of this one: A man was arrested while throwing fist sized rocks at his wife, who was in the middle of a river, struggling for her life, at the time. In his defence he said that he had accidently knocked her in, and was merely trying to drive her toward the bank.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Gosh. I hope our plants'n things don't over-photosynthesize themselves. Maybe it's a government plot to overthrow the worlds ecosystem. (I bet it's George Bush's idea.)

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Oh my poor head!
When I saw this thread, I was worried that one of our members had lost it.
Was this written by Cheryl Crow by any chance?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   
That's made my Friday!

Actually, though, thinking about it, it has turned awfully warm in the UK since we went on to Summer Time ........ And whenever we put the clocks back in autumn it almost always turns colder soon after!

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I think it's bunk because you don't actually "gain" an hour during daylight's saving time. The sun still rises and sets within a twelve hour period. It's just that because we set OUR clocks back an hour that it SEEMS we are getting more daylight.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So, a DST change results in more sunlight in the day? Sounds like Wile E. Coyote physics to me, unless none of us here actually knows what the guy means.

Actually, on second thoughts, this is total rubbish.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
I think it's bunk because you don't actually "gain" an hour during daylight's saving time. The sun still rises and sets within a twelve hour period. It's just that because we set OUR clocks back an hour that it SEEMS we are getting more daylight.

hey wow, you figured it out!

just like every other person in the thread!

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram

just like every other person in the thread!

Well, it's not enough to just say something is bunk and then not explain why it is. There is enough of that on this board as it is.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
OMG! I laughed out loud when I saw this one! It's amazing how ignorant some people can be to the point of embarrassment. Wow.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join