It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laptop or desktop?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Which do you prefer and why?

Laptop is da only computer you'll find in my trunk, screw desktops, the wires, the bulk, and all that, I am a portable person who likes to be able to pack all his stuff in seconds. I got a laptop and love the portability, I walk outside with it, take it everywhere, even pick it up with one hand and use it, and more. Sure desktops may have a few more features and are upgradable, but my computer has done its job finely from keeping in contact with friends and family in Russia, to IMing with friends, to looking for jobs and downloading music, and of course, visiting ATS

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I have one of each for different reasons. Don't like one more than the other. I tend to use my laptop more because the desktop is in the bedroom with the baby and when he's asleep at night I don't want to bother him.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:19 PM
link   
RS,

I find I use them both about equally...

I have the Laptop to use with me at work for it's portability and convenience in the field, while my desktop is far superior in speed, video and sound than any laptop...

I use my desktop for home entertainment and as a DVR as well as just sitting and responding on ATS....

But it is nice to have the laptop to sit outside on a nice evening and surf while watching the hummingbirds...

Semper

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I used a desktop, but I wouldn't mind getting a laptop in addition.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
My Desktop is registered as Laptop. That is how screwed my computer is.

top topics

join