It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What threats do SS's pose

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Intrepid is is not about equality, it is about the right of free assembly.
We reserve the right to assemble with only those we choose, only those who meet our standards. It is about personal liberty.

Here is to us and those like us !

[edit on 27-4-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR
Intrepid is is not about equality, it is about the right of free assembly.
We reserve the right to assemble with only those we choose, only those who meet our standards. It is abour personal liberty.

Free for who? Who decides this? I'm sure Masonry isn't only in the US, where they have such "rights". What about the rights of French, German, Thai, Singalese people? Do those people have "free assembly"?

Um, OK! THIS might be the problem.

We reserve the right to assemble with only those we choose, only those who meet our standards,

So now YOU guys are judges as to character? Theology? Spirituality?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

[edit on 27-4-2007 by RWPBR]

That's an interesting statement. Care to explain it?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Yes they do. These are God given rights, endowed by the creator and inalienable.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Yes they do. These are God given rights, endowed by the creator and inalienable.

Sorry, you obviously missed my earlier post that said that the GAOTU is a matter of faith, not something to base anything on as it's unprovable.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

We reserve the right to assemble with only those we choose, only those who meet our standards,

Yes we are judges of character, arent we all ?
Do you choose your friends based on character ?
Do you vote based on character ?
Should the Masons be expected to do less ?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Sorry, you obviously missed my earlier post that said that the GAOTU is a matter of faith, not something to base anything on as it's unprovable.

OK call then natural rights, human rights. Free speech and assembly are natural human rights and as such can not be taken away.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Yes we are judges of character, arent we all ?

To what end? To who we'll speak to? Interact with? I'm sure of this answer, don't stress it.

Do you choose your friends based on character ?

No, I don't. I also take into account personal interests. That being said, there are those that share interests with me that I couldn't care less about. Your point?

Sorry, missing the point here. Are you saying that you would vote for a Mason that you didn't trust but he happened to be a "brother"?

The jury's out on this imo.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:26 PM
link   

OK call then natural rights, human rights. Free speech and assembly are natural human rights and as such can not be taken away.

Um, NO. They are American amendments, granted only in the US(let's ask an Indonesian Mason about this). Masonry however is international, as I understand. That was a helluva back peddle though.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ok so if someone is a criminal low life BUT likes the same bands as you or the same movies etc then you guys will be buds ?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Um, NO. They are American amendments, granted only in the US(let's ask an Indonesian Mason about this). Masonry however is international, as I understand. That was a helluva back peddle though.

So non americans dont share the same rights as we do ?
I think you may be confused as to what a right is. A government may restrict a right but that does not mean you are not entitled to it by virtue of being a human being.

BTW the U.S. Constitution does not grant any right to the people, it only confirms that they exist.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Ok so if someone is a criminal low life BUT likes the same bands as you or the same movies etc then you guys will be buds ?

Sorry, best response I could come up with to that question.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Sorry, missing the point here. Are you saying that you would vote for a Mason that you didn't trust but he happened to be a "brother"?

No just the opposite.

The jury's out on this imo.

Why should Masons not have the same rights as everyone else ?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Sorry, best response I could come up with to that question.

If somebody had low or disreputable character BUT shared interests with you you still might choose to be friends with him ?

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I think you may be confused as to what a right is. A government may restrict a right but that does not mean you are not entitled to it by virtue of being a human being.

Question is Masonry international? Yes? Guess what? The constitution doesn't gaurantee anyone in Oz, Brazil, Iceland, etc SQUAT. Human being doesn't equate to US citizen. Are you saying that the US is going to go to war to give these people the rights that US citizens have? They may not want those rights.

BTW the U.S. Constitution does not grant any right to the people, it only confirms that they exist.

Maybe that's what the BOR was for.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Question is Masonry international? Yes? Guess what? The constitution doesn't gaurantee anyone in Oz, Brazil, Iceland, etc SQUAT. Human being doesn't equate to US citizen. Are you saying that the US is going to go to war to give these people the rights that US citizens have? They may not want those rights.

Maybe that's what the BOR was for.

A: The BOR just confirms additional rights not mentioned in the main body of the Constitution also exist.

B: Regardless of nationality all humans have and deserve certain rights by virtue of birth. Just because you have a right you may choose not to exercise it.

Masonry is international and believes that all humans have the same rights. Just because a government say you dont have a right doesnt mean that you dont.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Why should Masons not have the same rights as everyone else ?

Did I say they should have less?

That doesn't answer corsig's question: "What threats do SS's pose."

He posed this, not me. I just probed it.

2 things I noticed

The Masons here are VERY defensive, even when they are inadequate. Hell, I didn't even have to whip my debate cape off to do this. I'm disappointed.

2: You guys aren't learning ANYTHING. Again disappointed. If you guys are just here to defend the Craft, why? There's plenty of sites out there for you. Hell, I'm a Maple Leaf's fan. Taking serious hits on that one. Not losing sleep over it though.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Anyway, to get back on topic, Masons have the right to choose who the associate with and to keep their business and rituals secret the same as any individual does.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Anyway, to get back on topic, Masons have the right to choose who the associate with and to keep their business and rituals secret the same as any individual does.

That's the topic? Um no. This is the topic:

"What threats do SS's pose."

You guys asked, caught me in a debate mode and the rest is history. Really disappointed in the reaction though. Ya'll gotta debate better.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Although I can be and have been defensive when my Brothers are slandered and liebeled, in this thread I have just answered your questions.

I am not only to defend Masonry. I post in other forums as well.
I am a skeptic by nature and like to piont out lies and half truths when I see them and in this forum I see a LOT of them. If this forum is not about Masonry then why do they use the Masonic Square and Compass as the forum logo ?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join