It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What threats do SS's pose

page: 1
2
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Many members and visitors to ATS feel that Secret Societies are evil in nature so I ask you to discuss this with us and share your feelings to what threats to society or to yourself that they cause.

I ask that the responders do not get verbally attacked by fellow posters.

Cory



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Come on people let me know what you think



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Out of fear of reprisal from secret societies, I shall not answer.

You know all the threats corsig. You're evil, man. Just admit it.



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Irrational fear, paranoia, ignornace, religious agendas, personal agendas, mental illness and rejection for membership.



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
They can't give you an answer because there is nothing logical that can come out of their mouths. They think because someone believes or thinks differently than they do that makes the other person "evil" or whatever.


[edit on 27-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm hoping to get a dialog happening but it seems that once you take away religion from the equation they are left with little to say about the "evils"

I found this also on another forum board I goto one in a while. I corrected someone telling them how and where to find the correct answer and instead of agreeing she just pointed out yet another lie.

Not one other person on the board chimed in to help her.



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Why should there be anything that is secret? Why can't I have the knowledge of say, the Mason's, just because I happen to be an athiest, or a woman? These secrets must be damn important if they've been kept for centuries. BUT if I don't fall into what YOU want, I can't have them.


Just remember, you asked.



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Why should there be anything that is secret? Why can't I have the knowledge of say, the Mason's, just because I happen to be an athiest,


Let me ask you a question. What good is spiritual knowledge to an atheist? Why share with them something they wouldn't believe anyway?



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth


Let me ask you a question. What good is spiritual knowledge to an atheist? Why share with them something they wouldn't believe anyway?


Are you saying that there's a difference between "spirituality" and "religion"? I was under the assumption that Masonry was NOT a religion.

Edit to add: Women can't be "spiritual"?

[edit on 27-4-2007 by intrepid]



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Since the oaths to uphold the virtues of Masonry is taken on VSL (volume of Sacred law) your word would not be your bond if you didn't believe in a supreme being (of your choice) to take it on.

Good question though.

It appears to me that it's basically the Supreme being part that bothers certain people the most but they don't admit that



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I was under the assumption that Masonry was NOT a religion.


It's not, but the moral teachings would be irrelevant and pointless to an athiest.

Speculative Masonry's like STP. It's an enhancer. Won't do you any good without a crankcase and oil.



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It's not a religion at all but there certainly is a degree of religion and a moral way of living that is involved.



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright


It's not, but the moral teachings would be irrelevant and pointless to an athiest.

Speculative Masonry's like STP. It's an enhancer. Won't do you any good without a crankcase and oil.


OK, sounds like you think athiest don't have a moral compass. I don't think that this is the case. If you're not a sociopath, you know right from wrong even without religion imo.

BTW, what about my edit in the last post?



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Of course women are spiritual but it's simply a male fraternity.

Atheists have a moral compass but what is it gaged on? who is that little voice in their head that tells them right from wrong.



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
OK, sounds like you think athiest don't have a moral compass. I don't think that this is the case. If you're not a sociopath, you know right from wrong even without religion imo.

BTW, what about my edit in the last post?


On my way out so this is a quickie-

No I absolutely DON'T think atheists don't have a moral compass. I just know based upon my (admittedly second hand) knowledge of Freemasonry that their unique body of knowledge presumes a belief in a higher power. Without that belief, their particular body of work would not have any relevance to a student of the Craft.

Sure, women can be spiritual. I think women are inherently more spiritually attuned than men.



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Are you saying that there's a difference between "spirituality" and "religion"? I was under the assumption that Masonry was NOT a religion.


[edit on 27-4-2007 by intrepid]


There is HUGE difference between spirituality and religion. A HUGE difference.

[edit on 27-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
Of course women are spiritual but it's simply a male fraternity.

Atheists have a moral compass but what is it gaged on? who is that little voice in their head that tells them right from wrong.



Where's the proof that there even IS a GAOTU? That's a belief, nothing tangible. You've admitted that athiest have a moral compass, what intangible, unknown, voice seperates them from Masons?

Got your post yeahright, "women are more spiritual", why can't they have the secrets? Other than the fact they don't have testicles.



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Waiting on a reply folks.



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Got your post yeahright, "women are more spiritual", why can't they have the secrets? Other than the fact they don't have testicles.


I'm not trying to set myself up as the Mason Dude here, but since you asked, they can't join because they don't have testicles. It's a fraternal organization. No gurlz aloud. They can't join Sigma Chi, either, but that's ok because testicles exclude us from Pi Beta Phi.

And the only "secrets" they can't get are the modes of recognition. Unless they use their feminine wiles to ply them out of a Mason.

It'd take Carmen Electra about 45 seconds to get me to tell her anything she wanted to know. Even if I had to make up some stuff.



posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

Originally posted by intrepid
Got your post yeahright, "women are more spiritual", why can't they have the secrets? Other than the fact they don't have testicles.


I'm not trying to set myself up as the Mason Dude here, but since you asked, they can't join because they don't have testicles. It's a fraternal organization. No gurlz aloud. They can't join Sigma Chi, either, but that's ok because testicles exclude us from Pi Beta Phi.



So it's OK to be spiritual but if you have the wrong organs, spirituality goes by the board. You could be the MOST spiritual person in the world BUT if the GAOTU cursed you with the wrong organs you're out? Doesn't seem logical, let alone right, to me.




top topics



 
2
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join