It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The next election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure where this thread should be posted but here goes...

I was just wondering what the american voters of ATS think of the upcoming election. I've talked to several of my friends and family about the subject. I feel that Barack Obama has a good chance to win this election.

My question: Do you think if Senator Obama wins the popular vote that he'll be allowed to take office, or will the electoral college give the election to whomever they want – as they did in the 2000 and 2004 elections?

Of course he has to receive the Democratic nomination first, but I think he's got a very good shot at it. Personally I hope he wins. I think he's exactly what this country needs right now. He's practiced CONSTITIUTIONAL LAW. Something most politicians don't care about or pay attention to anymore. And seems like a very moral and ethical man. I don't think we've seen a politician of this stature since John or Robert Kennedy. Which brings me to my next question. If he were to win – say if he tried to "pull" (and by pull I mean demolish) the Patriot Act - if it looked as if he were going to win do you think he'd meet the same fate as RFK, –or if allowed to win, do you think he'd meet the same fate as JFK?

Or, you can just state who you'd like to win, and why?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm a Brit, but I'm still interested in this.

I'm looking forward to seeing which machines go missing or breakdown this time. I hope there are no more vague match felon lists. It's amazing how many eligible voters get denied the basic right to vote every term. It really is.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by CaptainLazy]

join