It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off to the Doctor to get my results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, please give me a little thought cos just off to the Doc to get my results. My Mum and Gran have MS and hmm have had some strange issues health wise so get the results today... was actually supposed to go on Tuesday but cancelled the appointment. Today is D Day and will find out one way or the other...

I am so nervous. I am sitting here and just feel like I can't get up and go. But have to. Farout.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Hope everything turns out all right.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hey, good luck to you. Medical issues can certainly be really scary.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I just went through a couple scary days after some tests and a call from my doctor to come in and see him. The call from the doctor just said that there were some problems that he needed to talk to me about.

I was so worried right up to the time I sat down with the doctor and he explained it was just some minor nerve damage that should repair itself over time.
I think they should have told me that over the phone....

But no, I had to wait for an office visit to find out I had nothing to worry about.
I don't think they get paid unless you come into the office.:shk:

Anyway, I hope everything is fine with your test results.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thanks for the well wishes... well, I think my nerves are really shot now... I have put this off since my Mum was diagnosed with MS. Everyone was saying.. oh f****
you'd better have some tests. Cos its in our family history. That was ten years ago. Well, I think I put it to the back of my mind but always worried, yanno. Anyway, get to the Doc today and he tells me I have to have another test, so no answer.

Off to have an MRI now. *&^%$# Why don't they just do the &^% big one first. I oh I feel like swearing so much, its like they rule every thing else out first. I have been losing feeling in my legs...it is a pretty horrible feeling, anyway, my Doc says 'everything is good so far' and now they decide to check my brain function and this is where the MRI will give them a clear pic. Perhaps they just want more money. I dont (swearing) really know... BUT...if there is nothing wrong with my spinal chord. And I think right now, I wish the scans would have said there was something wrong, like oh yes.. this is causing it, but now I have to have more tests.

Perhaps I should expect it? My Gran had it, my Mum has it. Even with private health, I have to wait 2 weeks before I can have the test. Piss me off. But, then maybe I shouldnt even bother, yanno, just forget about it until I have to do something.

I even had a dream where I was in a wheelchair and maybe its just fear but with this and then the dream, maybe its just the anxiety?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Oh don't worry about it, what ever happens, happens. If it's not one thing it's another.

If you do turn out to have the disease, take a positive attiude by realizing modern medicine gives you a much higher probability of living a much longer, and more prosperous life than others in the past whom suffered from the same condition.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
How did everything go?

Did you get your results?

Are you ok?

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NJE777
I have been losing feeling in my legs...it is a pretty horrible feeling, anyway, my Doc says 'everything is good so far' and now they decide to check my brain function and this is where the MRI will give them a clear pic.

I've been sick for years.. it's been inferred that I was a hypochondriac so was hunting for the 'magic answer' as I had odd things like little fingers going numb, fatigue and chronic insomnia [to name but a few]. About 6 months ago I asked if I could have an MRI as I had vision probs.. they said no so I went back and said "formally request and mri" [legal thing] and payed for it myself. It showed spots then about a month ago after I went blind in one eye [it's getting better now] the docs actually sent me off for an mri. Suddenly it's serious matter. :shk: What annoys me most is that I have to wait nearly a month for my results.. [doctor shortage apparently] and I'm worried that it won't show enough to make an exact diagnosis. A 'maybe/maybe not' would be little consolation when it's me who's dealing with the symptoms. Right now it seems to be "probably but it might not be that bad.." ..but they say this with their heads tilted as though they are privately thinking 'she's stuffed'.

Anyway.. I feel for you NJE777 and hope yours is 'mild' if there is such a thing. I keep asking questions about what I could expect but the docs are pretty vague.
I wish they'd just say "We don't know." so I can stop wasting my time and money on them.

[edit on 30-4-2007 by riley]

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
NJE777 sounds like alot to deal with,

Its a scary time but one you have to stay positive about,
If you have it or not you will deal with it, You are a strong person, and we are all here for you,

No matter what, please feel you can fall on us, I make a good shoulder

I know its hard but think positive and so will we, Ill burst out all the energy that i can,

Ill have a word with them angels as well,

Keep us updated, and if you need a chat please feel free to u2u me,

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Hello and thank you to everyone who has responded.

The results are in and have had to take a little time to comprehend it.
The MRI showed that I have had 4 mini strokes, 'enfarts'... (funny name dont you reckon?) at least it explains why I have been having these sensations. But, the enfarts do not conclusively show I have MS, so that is a relief. It is what happens with MS but I have not been diagnosed and told now it is a wait and see.

I am not overly happy with more waiting and seeing so I am off to see a Chinese Herbalist and Accupuncturist... how do they honestly expect anyone to just wait and see and do nothing? It is scarey to be told you have had 4 mini strokes and I keep thinking, well what if its a build up to a big one? Anyway, I am not going to think anymore about it...just get on with living...

until the next enfart that is...

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Big hugs!

thanks for letting us know,

Sounds like a lot to take in, So ill just send you lots of hugs for the sec

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Oh gosh. I hope that everything will be ok. Even though the docs seemed to have downplayed the 4 "mini-strokes", it doesn't sound good.

Wishing for the best for you, Nat.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:44 AM
link   
NJE

Hello, sorry to hear about your mini strokes.

I hope your health only improves and gets better from here.

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I was going to start a new thread and call it depressed but then decided to click on this one and just stare at it for a while. Oh I feel so pathetic. I am always the one to tell people, hey be positive bla bla bla and now I just dont think I can deal with the uncertainty.

I drank a bottle of wine last night and cried myself to sleep. I went and bought another today. Its 6.03pm and I am already drinking. I know its pathetic. But a part of me just doesnt care.

I am in the tenth year of being on my own. When I finally met someone, he died, so that killed that. My Son went to live with his Dad and I was cut up about that but kept on keeping on, kept busy with my Daughter, work and study. My car accidents knocked me a bit too, but I still kept going. Its okay...bla bla bla. But now this. I havent told my kids or my ex husband. My Mum knows the results but as if I can cry on her shoulder. My Sister is plagued with health problems, so dont want to burden her either and she is inspirational, but she will say God and Jesus love me etc and I guess I dont want to hear that either. My Bro is busy with his family. I don't speak to him very often. I know I could but at the same time don't want the drama and the guilt that goes with having someone care, yanno?

I could pick up the phone and call my friends but I don't want them fussing over me. So, I will vent here. Maybe I need some drugs?

All I had to do today was go and pay my bills. I didnt pay them. Instead of going to the bank/post office, I went to the bottle shop. It is like everything has just stopped since. WTF do we do it all for? Whats the point? I am supposed to contact my work to organise extending my contract, I didnt ring them. What is the effing point? All I have to do is tell them but I don't want to. They would be understanding but I don't want the understanding. I just dont want it.

Maybe this is the last straw? I dont know but at this stage I am quite content to sit in my pjama's all day and do stuff all. Its my Sons birthday next week so I need to organise flights to see him. I really need to see him but don't think emotionally I can do it. Last time I flew over, I sat in the airport for 2 hours and drank and got pissed. Got on the plane and cried all the way back to Adelaide. How embarrassing! I couldnt keep it together. I just felt so gutted at leaving him. This is where I say 'beam me up scotty'. I feel right now, I am walking on a tight rope and at any minute I am going to fall off. I am sorry to just rave on and be so pathetic but at the moment I am pathetic and emotionally stuffed.

Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? If there is please tell me it isnt a train...

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
NJE777

what you are going through right now is normal, The fear, the pain and the unsureness of whats happening has made you feel so depressed, But you know what .. You are strong, and you will pull through,

Its ok to go of the rails a bit but you have to pull it back together,

you have life, That in its self is something to be cherished,

There's many people around you who love and care for you, Use them now, they would be sad that you are not,
You also have us

and we are going to be hear every step of the way with you,
Its good that you come here and write down your thoughts.. I think you should keep doing that,

some days will seem worse that others, But there will be good ones,

Stay positive, Maybe do something or go somewhere that inspires you,

For me that's the forest, just sitting on my own thinking,

Please u2u me if you want to chat, I'm hear for ya!

posted on May, 23 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Hang in there...as has been said, but can't be said often enough, we're here for you. Hand holding over the internet isn't quite as good as the real thing, but it's a whole lot better than nothing.

Here's my hand...

new topics

top topics

join