It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FROG for the Marines, Army also making one as well.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Video
www.marcorsyscom.usmc.mil...
This video is the Marine version of fire proof uniform.

Army version
peosoldier.army.mil...

The Army has developed an improved one-piece uniform for mounted soldiers with enhanced fire resistance and durability, as well as providing better fit and function, all of which will aid against the effects of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).

The improved Combat Vehicle Coverall (iCVC) is being evaluated by approximately 2,000 Soldiers of the 2nd Infantry Division, the 3rd Infantry Division, and the 16th Cavalry Regiment at Fort Knox, KY. Widespread fielding is expected later this year.

Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier, headquartered at Fort Belvoir, Va, is directing the user evaluations. PEO Soldier designs, develops, procures, and fields virtually everything today’s Soldiers wear or carry. PEO Soldier is committed to increasing combat effectiveness, saving Soldiers’ lives and improving Soldiers’ quality of life.

MAJ Clay Williamson, PEO Soldier's Assistant Product Manager for Clothing and Individual Equipment, said that PEO Soldier requires rigorous testing before any article of clothing or piece of equipment is approved for use. “Everything is tested to make sure it is safe and highly effective before we field it,” Williamson said.

However, fielding a new version of the coverall does not mean the work is finished, Williamson explained. Research is ongoing so continual improvements can be made. “All our fire-resistant uniforms are spiral-development efforts because of the urgency and nature of the threat that our Soldiers are facing. We field the best equipment that is available, and then use Soldier feedback to continue to make it even better,” he said.

The new coverall has an elastic back waist and adjustment tabs to customize fit, decrease bulk, and increase maneuverability for armor vehicle crews, thus improving mission effectiveness. The seat patch has been widened and lengthened to provide more coverage and to improve the uniform’s durability, and the uniform is made in the universal camouflage pattern.

I haven't seen what it looks like, but it may look similar to the Marines' version but with ACU camo.

I also like to add that the uniform in the video looks just like the Multicam combat uniform especially around the shirt.

I also like to include that the Multicam uniform which was rejected by the U.S. Army in favor of the ACU is ironically still being used for Future Combat Systems.

This image was taken back in Feb. of 2007 at an exercise, notice the color of the uniform behind the armor vest.

Hope they can design the uniform that can provide all body protection against ballistics, fragmentation, shrapnel, as well as fire proof included.

Not to mention its nothing new that nomex suits has been used in the armed forces to protect themselves from getting burned.

See my avatar? Its the future of what the soldiers should look like and equipped with.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
why does the seond pic look like hes a got a 360 contoller in his hands?
sorry for the offtopc

playing ghost recon to get into the spirit?

[edit on 25-4-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
That is a wired 360 controller!

Although it would make sense for combat control, that thing has excellent response times. No joke.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
They couldn't give the guy a wireless controller? THat is really funny.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It is a 360 controller. They use it to control the robots they have. When futureweapons did a segment on the FCS,they controlled the scout bot with a 360 controller. Microsoft is everywhere.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Yeah it is an X Box console controller, as another member said it is used to control scout robots (notice the eye display). The reason it's not wireless is two fold, one the signal from the controller to the systems may not be encrypted and or vulnerable to being jammed. Plus this reduces the chances of it being dropped and lost. Now if they could only paint it a cool camo design...

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That is like the coolest thing ive heard of. You get to play video games while in combat. But this is realy awesome im glad were investing in things to make our troops safer.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
it is an xbox 360 controller i was 2mef usmc 2 recon and we used similar controls. it is what america is used to. marines adapt thats what we do i was just on here showing my buddie the "new" things they plann to release.
sorry for the spelling error if any im a marine not a fu**ing gramar teacher
semper fi

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
The reason they use the control system from the xbox360 is down to the amount of young soldier's who join and have experiance on the said console.

If you manage to get a chance to look at the gun control grip's on the British Challenger 2 main battle tank you will find they resemble a game's console control pad.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
See my avatar? Its the future of what the soldiers should look like and equipped with.

i think the full body suit in your avatar probably already exists, at the VERY LEAST in prototype phase in a secret Lab

i mean seriously what do people expect, the US Military will tell us ALL their secret toys the day the first prototypes were tested? Ya Right! LOL

the greatest leverage in war is Knowledge, keeping secrets etc to maintain surprise

like they say, the first casualty in war is the Truth

so yes i think your avatar of the "Snake Eyes" Style combat body suit already exists in some form or fashion - even if it is in early prototype testing

But....if we really wanna think about the future - lets talk Space Marine combat suits (any enviorment!)

genetically engineered, cybernetically enhanced, hypnotically indoctrinated, radiation resistant (any enviornemnt- mars venus jupiters' moons -inside a volocano, what have you)

space marines are the slightly more distant future
warhammer40k.wikia.com...

also, dont forget battlemech's

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 18-8-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Regarding the picture with the XBOX360 controller, I actually saw that in an article in a military magazine while I was in processing during MEPS. They were doing a demonstration for some sort of remote artillery system where that guy with the controller is operating a moving...for lack of a better word...tank.

It's been almost a year since I read the article, so I could be completely off on some things...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I saw a thread on here or a news article about how they are now adapting the wii controllers to use on robots also that would be wireless.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   
That is one bad uniform, wish they would have had those when I was in the Army!

posted on Feb, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
curious. Marines do not wear any insignia on their cammies. before the transition to marpat, we would wear a flag on our shoulder but not much more. the men in the second picture are wearing marpat with characteristics of the army acu.

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
yup it is. Crye's combat pants come apart too easily

posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

you forgot that you'll also never have to recharge it

top topics

join