It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pet Food Scare pPrompts FDA To Check Imported Human Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Pet Food Scare pPrompts FDA To Check Imported Human Food

www.cnn.com

The Food and Drug Administration says it will test ingredients imported for human consumption in connection with the recall of pet food that has killed at least 16 pets and perhaps more than 100.

In addition, the FDA on Tuesday announced plans to expand testing of the animal food supply after hogs on farms in three states were quarantined after testing positive for melamine, the toxic substance at the center of the recall.

A poultry farm in Missouri is also being investigated, federal officials said.

Wheat gluten, corn gluten, cornmeal, rice bran and rice protein are among the imported products being tested in both the animal and human food supply.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Actually this is good news. I'm glad that they're putting more emphasis on inspecting imported foods. Especially since there are reports that the contamination was intentional.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I knew this was coming... Now wait for people to start dying over this tainted food.

If not we will wait for all this to die down, then it will start up in human form.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I agree. Scary as heck. Just one tainted shipment of foodstuffs, and countless people could be killed or seriously injured. Some foods would be pretty easily tainted, and with the current terrorist mindset, it is a very real concern.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Almost all of our(American) products and food sources come from China. Question is, can we boycott China products and still have clothes, food and other products to sustain the nation?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I agree, we all knew that this one was coming, how long it will take for this corporate clowns to tell us Americans that our food may have been tainted.

I guess when is enough people complaining that their illnesses are not related to just a mild food poisoning.

top topics

join