It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to trace a plane...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I've been trying to trace a plane i've seen on several occasions flying low over Kent and Suffolk. It's a large aircraft, it always seems to fly at low altitude, it's clearly audible giving off what i would describe as a low rumbling sound.

The interesting part for me is the underneath of the plane. Roughly in the center and in line with the wings is what i would describe as a bay of some sort, the interesting part is that in the bay are 4 large lights (very large infact, and bright). They might not be lights but they give off light and are very bright.

I've seen this plane in broad daylight and at night. It stands out a mile with the light it's giving off.

I'm interested as to it's purpose - well, the purpose of the contraption underneath to be precise.

Any help or links would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I would suggest that you get a photo of it and post it up here - someone here will identify it within about 5 mins, maybe sooner.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
If i had one i would. That's why i'm hoping someone might recognise the description!

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Given the basic description of a large aircraft with a weapon type bay, and travelling at low alltitude I would hazard a guess at an RAF Nimrod. Can't explain the lights, although most maritime patrol/AsuW aircraft carry some form of searchlight but not usually four.

LEE.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Maybe this will help,

What color is the aircraft?

Can you guage a size in relation to other aircraft...say a passenger jet, 747 etc...?

Have you noticed that it has jet engines, props, etc...???

Anthing unusual about the aircraft besides the (lights)? For instance, does the front look weird, does it have a huge tail, or a probe type thing out the back???

Does is always seem to be heading to and/or from the same place?

Are there any airports, military or commercial, near your area??

All of this will help to distinguish a refueling aircraft, maritme patrol, commercial, heavy lift, and so on!!

Thanks, Mondo

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
thebozeian - I'm pretty sure it's not a Nimrod, thanks though.

Mondogiwa,

1) Colour - honestly couldn't say other the it's dark in colour (possibly a dark grey), even in daylight the lights were to bright to look at it for then a few seconds at a time.

2) I would have said about 1/2 the size of a 747.

3) Honestly couldn't say, other then the distinctive rumbling sound.

4) The only thing that stood out was how remarkable mundane the plane looked if you ignore the lights, the lights made it look "futuristic" but when travelling away it just looked like an old cargo plane.

5) No, different directions. First time it was heading towards what was West Malling airfield in Kent, it's now a housing estate though, closed down decades ago. the second time in the opposite direction. The third time it was in a different county just off the coast.

It's the lights that intrigue me, the first reaction of me and a mate when we first see it is that it was some kind of weather plane. I've no idea why we got that impression though because we have no knowledge of the subject

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Steel,

I will take a stab at a few things here then. I will go under the assumption that it may be military plane or at least a testing platform of some sort. However, it usually ends up being something very very mundane. May I also suggest that you venture to whichever airfield you think it is going to and try to view it upon landing?? You may also be able to call the airport and ask about it. Otherwise, how about since you know it's avenue of flight, you get a picture or video of it and we can all analyze it for you more.
Now, my maybe theory. Although stealth technology is a radar technology, there have been many attempts at a visual technology as well. One such theory is to illuminate the aircraft against its background, thus producing an almost misdirection of it. This would be produced by putting very bright lights below the aircraft as you have described. I doubt this is what you have seen, but you never know, right!?
Also, if there is any way that you could catch a glimpse of whether or nor these lights are coming from under the aircraft OR from within a concealed compartment within the aircraft...might be important too. I may also take a stab at it being a targeting system if it is carried internally and momentarily exposed. Not all weapons are boom boom type! So many new types of non-lethal weapons being developed out there, it could even be a magnetic pulse system.
As far as your aircraft description goes, probably a run of the mill plane put we need to get a pic of it if you can!?

Peace, Mondo

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
If you are seeing multiple lights underneath it then quite possibly light from the anti collision beacon is bouncing off other surfaces like undercarriage doors. The wheel wells on large airliners are lit for maintenance inspection on the ground too. Without more specific description we could be talking about an Arabian flying carpet.

Nor does it follow that the aircraft you see in daylight is the same aircraft you mention at night.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Steel Penguin

I think I might have video of this aircraft.

posted on Jan, 7 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienDictator

Wow has it really been 3 years and 9 months since I last saw this thread? Time fly's.

Well it didn't help that the guy shooting the video was a complete muppet and couldn't keep the camera still for at least half of it, but then thats an increasing problem with so many conspiracy chasing wannabe's, no understanding, no prior experience but yet he was convinced that he had "never seen an aircraft behave like this". What, that it was flying at night with searchlights and he couldn't hear it because it was a turboprop coming towards him and quite likely down wind and a fairly low altitude? It wasn't triangular in shape he just didn't make the basic mental connection that it was merely the light on the tail that made the triangular form. Somebody remind this guy to never do a children's join the dots puzzle, he'll probably screw it up.

AlienDictator, dont take offense at my above tirade it's not directed at you. If this is what you saw in 2007 then I believe it was either a P3 Orion or the EP3 Aries sub-variant both of which could be found operating at times in your neck of the woods and yes they would probably look like this at night. Good detective work though, patience pays off.

LEE.

new topics

top topics

join