It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Honor of St Jude

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
He keeps popping in and out, in that coincidental and anonymous way - only those privy to faith understand. So I thought I'd look him up to see what he was about and was not surprised to find -

That he became the patron saint of lost causes by the unpopularity of his name, lol, which sounded so much like Judas - that people were reluctant to pray for him - so he had the pleasure of being martyred and slandered by incidental proxy even by those who would love him.

His patronage of lost or impossible causes traditionally derives from confusion by many early Christians between Jude and Judas; not understanding the difference between the names, they never prayed for Jude's help, and devotion to him became something of a lost cause.
www.catholic-forum.com...

"Even in the Gospels the evangelists were embarrassed to mention the name of Judas. Their prejudice is quite apparent. In the one passage in which St John spoke of Thaddeus, he hurried over the name, and was quick to add, "Judas, not the Iscariot..." Even more striking is the fact that both Matthew and Mark never mentioned the full name of this apostle, Jude Thaddeus, but merely called him by his surname, Thaddeus. One can correctly assume that the evangelists wanted to reestablish a good name for this apostle among his companions and especially among the people. By using only his surname, they could remove any stigma his name might have given him" —Otto Hophan, The Apostle ch. X [1].
en.wikipedia.org...

Jude (1st century). In the list of the twelve in Luke 1:16 and Acts 1:13, he is called Jude; in the lists in Matthew and Mark appears the name Thaddeus, and scholars believe they are the same. In the Epistle of Jude, the author calls himself the brother of James, and in Matthew 13:55 and Mark 6:3, Jude is mentioned as among the brethren of the Lord. Some modern scholars believe that Jude of the twelve and Jude the author of the epistle of Jude are different individuals (in verse 17, the author refers to the apostles in the past tense, which seems unlikely if he was one of them). According to legend, he preached n Mesopotamia, and the apocryphal Passion of Simon and Jude describes the preaching and martyrdom of those two apostles in Persia. October 28.
Dictionary of Saints - John J Delaney

In iconography he is often pictured with flames around his head, which symbolizes his receiving the holy spirit - or with axes - because his head was lopped off.

So not only lost causes, but lost causes without recognition, or at least mistaken identity leading to terrible unpopularity. lol - what a game of telephone.

Thank you St Jude, I'm not afraid to mention your name.

All you holy men and women pray for us.

[edit on 25-4-2007 by clearwater]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Well St Jude, it's just you and me...pray with me please..,

Incline unto my aid, O God.
O Lord, make haste to help me.
Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be,
world without end,
Amen.

By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of the Seraphim, may it please God to make us worthy to receive into our hearts the fire of His perfect charity. Amen.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

3-Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of the Cherubim, may God in His good pleasure grant us grace to abandon the ways of sin, and follow the path of Christian perfection. Amen.

Thy Kingdom come, thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

3-Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

By the intercession of St. Michael and the sacred choir of the Thrones, may it please God to infuse into our hearts the spirit of true and sincere humility. Amen.

By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of the Dominions, may it please God to grant us grace to have dominion over our senses, and to correct our depraved passions. Amen.

By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of the Powers, may God vouchsafe to keep our souls from the wiles and temptations of the devil. Amen.

By the intercession of St. Michael and the admirable heavenly Virtues, may it please God to keep us from falling into temptation, and may He deliver us from evil. Amen.

By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of the Principalities, may it please God to fill our souls with the spirit of true and sincere obedience. Amen.

By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of the Archangels, may it please God to grant us the gift of perseverance in the Faith, and in all good works, that we may be thereby enabled to attain the glory of Paradise. Amen.

By the intercession of St. Michael and the heavenly choir of the Angels, may God vouchsafe to grant us their guardianship through this mortal life, and after death a happy entrance into the everlasting glory of Heaven. Amen.

O glorious prince, St. Michael, leader and commander of the heavenly host, guardian of the souls of men, conqueror of the rebel angels, steward of the palace of God, our worthy leader, endowed with holiness and power, deliver us from every evil. With full confidence we have recourse to you, that by your gracious protection we may be enabled to make progress every day in the faithful service of God.

Pray for us, most blessed Michael, Prince of the Church of Jesus Christ, that we may be made worthy of His promises.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.
AMEN

It's the prayer that keeps on praying, when I'm sleeping or otherwise distracted.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yes, St. Jude/Judas Thaddeus, not Judas Iscariot. Also known simply as "Thaddeus". "Jude/Judas" was actually a common name back in the day. I've also read that St. Jude was a kinsman of Christ.

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Waving palms in the air.....

Crows and Flying Things

Thanks to black and gold angels
Singing high praises, ringing in graces -
'Beauty is Truth, and Truth Beauty.'
Thinking of bees and the flowers they please.
Four corners all gracious, water of earth,
bloods flows us, as water Her.
At once, as one - the blood and the water of earth.
Singing 'Hosanna, Hosanna' - the song of all words.
Birds chirp and chime in the twilight of early morning.
First rays, like first days, first creation's chorus.
Gravity weighs chattering gay,
A choir of words, gossiping birds,
Good appetites, higher morals.
Under trees, prayer and leisure.
Bird's eye view twerps and twitters.
Owl never sleeps, peering above;
Hawk, eagle, soaring dove.
Birds chatter with ease across rivers and trees,
debating the shape of curious buds and blossoms.
Crow feathers dress the book of laws,
Ravens, crows - gathered in droves;
Crows - thousands, breathing black sea -
In the creek's wooded glen, where, years ago - trailed red tailed fox.
Feathered mass in the trees, childhood's subliminal bird theatre.
Dead silent, thousands of eyes trained on a single target. Not one chirp,
Not a sound - to debate the state, or the fate,
of the dog and the hapless walker.
Humbled unease, dip to the knees -seas, black-feathered murder.
Crows, later spotted on wing, miles to the thing,
As once followed Kings and their armies.
A murder of crows, hard measure.
Music of spheres, spinning prayer wheels,
Communion of prayers, holy men and women -
Church of man, forgiveness and life everlasting.
Mercy and the fallibility of Imperfection.
Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Is this the same St Jude I always read someone praying about in the newspaper classifieds from time to time?

I always wondered why that guy was so popular that people posted ads in the paper about him.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yes. There is a Novena Prayer of St. Jude which is said every day for nine days in which one asks St. Jude to pray for them and with them to the Almighty; laying your petitions before the Throne of God. Practitioners of the Novena typically distribute (or publish) copies of the Novena prayer as well, and often publish acknowledgement of thanksgiving for prayers answered.

Its been said that the Novena prayer(s) are "never failing" for the sake of St. Jude's familial and personal relationship to Christ.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thank you for that, Zhenyghi.

I'll look into it, familial relation to Christ sounds cozy.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Whenever I hear "St. Jude", it always makes me think of St. Jude Children's Hospital.

All patients accepted for treatment at St. Jude are treated without regard to the family's ability to pay. St. Jude covers all costs of treatment at St. Jude beyond those reimbursed by third-party insurers, and total costs at St. Jude when no insurance is available. St. Jude also provides assistance with transportation costs and local living expenses during treatments [url=http://www.stjude.org/media/0,2561,453_3419,00.html]>SOURCE

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yes, that is the same St. Jude - "Patron of Impossible Cases". The St. Jude Hospital was founded by actor Danny Thomas, who was of Lebanese descent, and was a Maronite-Rite Catholic. He asked the prayers of St. Jude to discern his career, and promised to build something great if his prayers were answered.

By familial, I mean that St. Jude is referred to as a kinsman/cousin/"brethren" of Christ by tradition, and thus it is believed he held a certain and unique favor with Christ.

Here is another prayer "to" St. Jude I found:

Most holy apostle, St. Jude, faithful servant and friend of Jesus, the Church honors and invokes you universally, as the patron of hopeless cases, of things almost despaired of. Pray for me, I am so helpless and alone. Make use I implore you, of that particular privilege given to you, to bring visible and speedy help where help is almost despaired of. Come to my assistance in this great need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities, tribulations, and sufferings, particularly (make your request) and that I may praise God with you and all the elect forever. I promise, O blessed St. Jude, to be ever mindful of this great favor, to always honor you as my special and powerful patron, and to gratefully encourage devotion to you. Amen.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Cool thread, i don't have much else to say.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
He's near and dear to me.

Thank you Saint Jude for your prayers and intercession.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by clearwater
He keeps popping in and out, in that coincidental and anonymous way - only those privy to faith understand. So I thought I'd look him up to see what he was about and was not surprised to find

Actually I am an atheist yet have had the name (and variations of) pop up in the oddest of places. "Patron of lost/impossible causes". The name Jude,Julius,Julian etc. all seem to have some connection to Jupiter the god of politics.

..speaking in a mythological context of course. I may be an atheist but I do notice patterns.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by riley]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Well i see all my posts continuing discussion of the necessity for St Jude in

a world full of mass media mind control interest and abusive

genocidal dictators is off topic, where St Jude is concerned.

And here, i thought St Jude was the patron Saint of abused and discredited women.

Like the droves Ceasuescu murdered under his palace,

Ceausescu's "retarded" intelligentsia, now being set up in business by kleptocratic interests, who seek to degrade standards of living around the world.

community.theblackvault.com...

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Ceausescu's Romania had no free speech, and neither does his Ottawa.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by frankenkitty]

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
That is interesting, the pre diluvian poetry of ancient times, attributes the God's

forgiving man's hubris

because of Jovial, Jupiter's intervention.

Originally posted by riley

Originally posted by clearwater
He keeps popping in and out, in that coincidental and anonymous way - only those privy to faith understand. So I thought I'd look him up to see what he was about and was not surprised to find

Actually I am an atheist yet have had the name (and variations of) pop up in the oddest of places. "Patron of lost/impossible causes". The name Jude,Julius,Julian etc. all seem to have some connection to Jupiter the god of politics.

..speaking in a mythological context of course. I may be an atheist but I do notice patterns.

[edit on 21-11-2009 by riley]

St Jude is the patron saint of hopeless causes.

Which is necessary, when one's ex husband is Ceausescu's "retarded" intelligentsia

and his brother is selling slaves through sgro

allied with Halliburton, looks like,

news.findlaw.com...
www.lifesitenews.com...

and they intend to kill one, in order to protect

a bully's fake miracle.

St Jude is the patron saint of hopeless causes and my hopeless cause is not

suitable for his thread, according to some people.

huggs everyone,,,

i didnt mean to offend but the only conspiracy I see is foreigners making these post up and idiots who no one likes anyways!!!

[edit on 16-11-2009 by amyfriend]

well, it's a good thing, there is always name calling to preserve

ATS's high levels of discussion

It's almost like St Jude was the first survivor of the kleptocrat's total surveillance

population control, name calling weapon.

Or the "language" of Ceausescu's misogynist mass murder.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zhenyghi
Yes. There is a Novena Prayer of St. Jude which is said every day for nine days in which one asks St. Jude to pray for them and with them to the Almighty; laying your petitions before the Throne of God. Practitioners of the Novena typically distribute (or publish) copies of the Novena prayer as well, and often publish acknowledgement of thanksgiving for prayers answered.

Its been said that the Novena prayer(s) are "never failing" for the sake of St. Jude's familial and personal relationship to Christ.

As Jesus was about to ascend to heaven, he told the apostles to remain in Jerusalem until they had received the Holy Spirit. While waiting, they devoted themselves to prayer. (Acts 1:14) The Church celebrates the Ascension of Jesus on a Thursday and nine days later the coming of the Holy Spirit on Pentecost Sunday. The Church began to set aside prayer for nine days, or a novena, from the Latin word for "nine," in remembrance of those original nine days of prayer.

Just a little tidbit of information.

posted on Nov, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Well at the risk of upsetting readers who prefer

their own discussion of saints and sinners,

to a battered woman who is being murdered by slave traders,

plaintive appeal to St Jude

I should like to post my plea to St Jude in his thread.

Never confuse the message with the messenger,

Presumably, the reader has discerned the reason for the dogpiles

Ceausescu's kidnapping perjuring bro is selling slaves through Sgro, allied with Halliburton.

It is part of a kleptocratic assault on living standards,

that exploits Ceausescu's misogynist mass murder.

Borat bro, the doctored PhD fake retardation contagion, is an invisible heart murmur.

"Zionist Bankers" have gotten in on the slave trade action.

Barbaric 'Honour Killings' Become The Weapon To Subjugate Women in Iraq Body mutilated and dumped like rubbish. www.commondreams.org... by Terri Judd

Callaghan is a perverted Munchausen's doctor, like Borat, with a trail of victim who fit the child woman profile.

The kleptocrats are using his malepractice costa nostra to subjugate North Americans

as they do, all slave trade victims.

Png's "Dead Peasant Clause" in its rustic barnyard beginnings.

It's climactic epiphany the most degraded genocide in history.

www.lifesitenews.com...
news.findlaw.com...

The paranoid schizophrenic, believes she is "Queen of Hell" and Ceausescu does little to disabuse her of it.

The monster bin, has been paid with new torture chambers, to exterminate the uppity slaves,

interfering with the kleptocrazy's

destruction of democrazy with slave trading and economic take overs.

Now my daughter and I await to be murdered or further tortured by Ceausescu's cohorts in Kleptocratic

punishment of "progressive school girls are dangerous" garnished wage scholarships.

www.unknowncountry.com...

The "clone" is an "abuser" for putting her in the hospital, and a free stereo, and kicking post,

when she is feeling well. The high IQ dyslexic, has not been taught to abuse

Arduous' scapegoat

he must be Borat's "retardo"

Borat's hostile hostage taking viscous Securitate scat is undermining her self esteem, not only murdering her mother.

The Securitate formed a rape club, because broken LP's identification with aggressors and scapegoating of

easily graffiti vandalized girls and women,

is how Ceausescu built a palace with pee pee.

Kapital at any cost is corporate ethos, not only Png's.

Borat graffiti vandalizes the easiest Invisibly "not disabled" targets for Puck's Police Gun Squad, as part of his margin of profit. Doesn't like 'useless eaters'.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Hiring slave traders, from Sierra Leone to invite another png pinnacle of snorting.

Profits must be large, with bro in Sgro. Median age, slave traded birth bond treasury, children.

If big money, and kleptocratic national thefts of identity was not enough motivation for

all the "congenitally vicious sycophants" mirrored by

tunnel vision and its talking heads,

then Png's roid rages compensate.

Like broken LP's power and control bankruptcy, in negotiating a shock zone's obstacle.

The Securitate formed a rape club, like the one in Japan and suspected of operating in Picton.

Now there are lotus feet off the tran ky ky, *BM* cannibal lottery. Or a Cowudder Taliban T'hug Stadium of Sgro bro slave trading.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Birth bond treasury and after birth abortion.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Jude Thaddeus is often mistaken for Judas

game of telephone, with graffiti id post scripts

Arbitrary serfdom, without principle and oath

Slave traders on Mount Olympus

This is why, Inquisitor's tried to correct

synonymous sounding sounds

Not Socratic relativists, black mass is not circumstantial

Milarepa Rupa was a psychic warrior, before he was a Buddha

Oh, Sweet Lady, faithful at the cross, won't you say them for her,

her words have been by Marcus Maximus shot.

www.godlikeproductions.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.createforum.com...

Parchment need a replacement cribbage buddie? Silly parchment.

What purpose parchment, when perjury purges.

Angela's "purifying" Ashes.

A book burning.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Pandora boxy]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join