It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could a "Earth like" Planet Have Been Discovered?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Could a "Earth like" Planet Have Been Discovered?

www.foxnews.com

For the first time astronomers have discovered a planet outside our solar system that is potentially habitable, with Earth-like temperatures, a find researchers described Tuesday as a big step in the search for "life in the universe."

The planet is just the right size, might have water in liquid form, and in galactic terms is relatively nearby at 120 trillion miles away. But the star it closely orbits, known as a "red dwarf," is much smaller, dimmer and cooler than our sun.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.tbo.com

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm not sure what to make of this, apparently they have found an "earth like" planet some twenty light years away,it could be a significant find if it holds true. maybe we should go there, since we have messed this one up so bad.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-4-2007 by the_sentinal]

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I'm not sure what to make of this, apparently they have found an "earth like" planet some twenty light years away,it could be a significant find if it holds true. maybe we should go there, since we have messed this one up so bad.

Well even if we could, IMO we shouldn't until we are more evolved. Like no war, no oppression, informed and nature respectful people. If we continue on this path, we should be wiped out by the universe, it's evolve or die. This way, we won't destroy the universe.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Already posted here as breaking news
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Closed.

top topics

join