It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starchild Forensic Reconstruction.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
d1k

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
You have voted tommychaos for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Excellent work. Really first rate. I too am somewhat skeptical, though this is a rare find under any circumstances. If it does prove to be "other", as Lloyd Pye is sure it will, then it will be the # 1 exhibit of all time. If not, then it still has a place of rarity anyway.

In the time this appears in history, a human child with such a deformity might have had a unique social position. I can see where veneration or abhorrence might well have been the life style of this child.

It is a shame that the burial spot is not known. A great deal about how this person was viewed by peers could have been deduced.

To know the facts of such a story, such a life, would be worth the effort of a time traveler. I wish......well, you know what I wish I had a 'machine' to accomplish.

As a side note: has anyone that you worked with on this ventured an educated guess as to the age at time of death?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
They speculate based on the forensic dentia that it's between 5 and 6 years old, however the teeth show a lot of wear that may make it older.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Good work
Thanks for posting.

I think the fibers embedded in the bone are the answer. Wasn't there a tribe in South America that deformed there sculls by tightly wrapping them with twine from birth? I'd think the fibers are screaming "hey I'm the answer". Put a flat board behind the baby's head and wrap tightly with twine, you get Starchild. ??? Primitive cultures do weird stuff. Neck rings to elongate necks, plates in lower lips and others. Look at this generation in the so called civilized world; tattoos all over and body piercings.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure how fibers could get into a skull from the outside, without piercing the skin and bone. With that said, there'd be a lot of likelihood of infection.

Not to mention that most of those skulls have permanent softspots where the bone would not grow together. Binding skulls usually yields skulls with holes in them from where they were unable to suture properly.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
After seeing a Hydrocephalic I'm not ready to buy Alien yet.

Those fibers are probably animal Sinew. I think if the right lab got a hold of this skull you might get an answer. Give it to someone who purpose is to find proof of Aliens they are going to find a way to make the evidence fit the theory I'm afraid.

I'm a believer in the existence of Aliens. I'm just skeptical of many of the things offered as proof. I'd like to see a skull like that end up in the hands of unbiased researcher with the facilities to do competent analysis. It sounds like its been handled so much a lot of clues have probably been destroyed in the process.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
binding did not do this to the skull, as you have actually increased the extremity of the curve of the skull. Binding would flatten this out, not increase it.

Hydrocephaly? Not sure about that, either. Hydrocephaly usually causes large holes to remain between the skull plates where they were unable to grow together. The cranial case is so well formed, so smooth as to suggest that its shape/dimensions were completely normal for its growth pattern. I sincerely doubt hydrocephaly would do this.

There is no apparent bone disease, and i would bet that you would not find excessive pitting beyond what would be expected for the diet/lifestyle of someone from this timeframe.

I would be interested to see what the inside of the cranial case looked like. Does it appear stressed from something akin to hydrocephaly? There are viral strains that can cause such issues as hydrocephaletic appearances.

Progeria, if it is a malformation, would be my best bet. But even progeria usually shows less malformation of the skull. The appearance is more from the emaciated state of the poor, disease wracked body.

Genetic anomoly? Is there retrievable DNA in the skull? I would seem that there would be some bone that could yield something noteworthy genetically, correct?

Guess i can spend my night looking for some of these answers.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I actually have the MRI Rapid Prototype that shows the interior of the skull which shows definitively that there is no stressing on it from binding, or any kind of external trauma.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Just looked at your pictures and youtube vid tommy and i wanted to drop in and say EXCELLENT man. Great, fascinating work and thank you for sharing it with us. Reconstruction such as that is a fascinating field. I showed your work to my sweetie who is a CSI and she loves it. (she prodded me till i told ya great job lol)

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I acutally have a full video documentary of everything that I did to make this happen. I'll be posting that to youtube as well. It's about an hour.

Tommy

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Hey, Tommy... What anatomical indicators did you follow in constructing the ears? They look like an arbitrary design.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Cant wait to see the whole vid man. Even you talkin to your cats, lol JK but ya i wanna see the whole thing start to finish. Should be happenin.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Fascinating Case Tommy
You did an excellent job on this.
Could you by chance do one with black eyes? Just for us believers out there?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
WOW! Amazing work. I wish i knew more about this.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
wwowowowowowowoww that looks amazingly good!! mad props..you have quite a talent!

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tommychaos
I actually have the MRI Rapid Prototype that shows the interior of the skull which shows definitively that there is no stressing on it from binding, or any kind of external trauma.

Can you provide some stills of it? I would be very interested to see such data if you could make it available. My mom has been going through lymphoma, and i have "crash coursed" myself on MRI, PET, and CAT over the last couple of years. I would be very interested in seeing any such data you have on this skull.

As well, if you ever do one of the crystal skull, let us know. I would be equally interested in seeing what it would look like. I want to know how "perfect" this skull really is. Does it make someone attractive, or disfigured?

Know I am sounding like a broken record, but i really admire your talent.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Nice stuff man. Really cool, and making it from a skeptic point of view-really makes it MORE alien. Good job.
The olive skin also makes it very pretty, almost porcelin-like. What did you base the nose off of? Did you take inspiration from the people living in the area? And the ears, that makes sense to me as well, they couldn't be larger right?
(I am an artist myself, so I really like the small things)

[edit on 26-4-2007 by jetflock]

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Are you wanting to do more forensic reconstructions of mysterious skulls and what-not?

Great work and hope to see you on UFO Files or something similar soon.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I'll answer some more questions.

The ears are low on the skull due to the fact that the auditory canals are very low on the skull. We're talking well below where they are supposed to be. Not to mention they are canted in, and backwards, which by all logic would push the ear forward.

The ear design itself, is based off of the generic standard ear, but scaled down for a 5 year old, and for what the body would have allowed. Generally ears are proportionate to placement of the auditory canal. I made these on the small side because it had the right fit. I could have given it larger ears, but it would have likely not served any purpose, as I'm not entirely sure this creature's hearing would have been all that great in the first place. I would imagine that sleeping on either side would have likely been painful to say the least, or even disorienting if it had a conventional cochlea.

The nose is a mix of meso-american children's noses, and the fact that there was NO nasal arch on this skull to work from. We're talking the skull's nasal arch shot straight down. There was nothing essentially to work from, which made half of this just aesthetics.

Much like the ears, it was a matter of what made sense, and looked natural, as opposed to what would have been likely useless. There was essentially no nasal cavity to speak of, until I I started putting the pieces together.

I realize that people think that I went for the alien look deliberately, but it's just how the piece turned out. Using conventional tissue depths, I came to this conclusion. I figured this child would not have been a fat healthy child, due largely in part to the fact that the bone structure simply tells a different tale.

I posted pics of the MRI Rapid Prototype so you that Texan can take a peek. The RP's cost about a grand. They're really nifty. What I should do is pull a set of molds of each hemisphere, and then make a casting of it so that people can see what is truly remarkable about this skull on the inside.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
one deformed skull is not proof of an alien race. in fact it proves that aliens do not exist since there is only 1.
it also doesnt take into account the congenital effects associated with this person. autism causes deformations along with more commonly Brachycephaly which if you put the starchild skull over these other people it fits perfectly.
case closed and proof that aliens do not exist.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join