It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Impeachment rallies across the US this Saturday the 28th.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I got this from another board from Josh4.

'Impeachment rallies' scheduled across US for Saturday

People will call for the impeachment of President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney at over 100 actions planned across the country on Saturday, April 28.

rawstory.com...

These are the 14 articles of impeachment.
www.dailykos.com...

This website here is where u can look for rallies in your area.
www.a28.org...

Im very surprised by this but at the same time im saying to myself its about time. When u look back at the heat Clinton got for something petty & what this administration has gotten away with it obviosly angers people. People are speaking out for the lies, mistakes, screwups or whatever the excuse is of this administration.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think it's a bit too late for an impeachment, plus I don't think that Bush and Co are the only ones responsible for the heinous acts perpetrated upon us. True, they were complicit, but they weren't the sole perpetrators. There were many others that have also been organizing the downfall of our sovereignty for some time.

However, I think these protests are a good thing, because it will let the people really in power know that We the People are waking up to the situation, and we aren't happy. What will happen if these protests turn ugly? What happens if the police show up to detain some of the protesters? Might be a situation destined to get out of hand.

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The attendance at these events will be of much interest. Do you think they will get serious numbers?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Cheney is going to be in Tulsa the day of the rally, so I'm not going.

Tulsa is going to be crawling with S.S. and the Police are going to be on high alert, emotions are going to be high and it isn't going to take much for the Police to decide they need to start busting heads.

Besides, if we impeached Bush and Cheney, then we would have Pelosi. The amount of time we have left to deal with Bush just isn't worth the damage Pelosi would do IMHO.

ape

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicotine1982

Besides, if we impeached Bush and Cheney, then we would have Pelosi. The amount of time we have left to deal with Bush just isn't worth the damage Pelosi would do IMHO.

haha of course we will get stuck with pelosi thats why the leftists liberals want impeachment, it's all political. and I agree 100% pelosi would just be a wrecking ball and is already a joke of a speaker.

i note the same person who wants to impeach cheney ( dennis kucinich ) also wants to silence talk radio with the fairness doctrine. present day liberals are dangerous.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
One of the protests is going to be happening about 10 minutes from where I am right now, so I'll probably pop by for a look-see. Hopefully, something good will be happening. I'm really looking forward to seeing if these go smoothly, or if the "loons" will show up instead.

If there's one thing that's most detrimental to any kind of campaign, it's a radical spouting radical agendas/solutions. True, there's a time and a place for even the most extreme solutions, but this is merely the beginning of an awakening phase, imho. We need to keep it that way. If the aforementioned "loons" show up, and start mucking it all up, then things will go no where. We just need to keep an eye out for them, and shun them away a block or 50. Keep them from tainting the good-nature of the protest.

They have their God-given right to speak as they want, just not with the sole intent of drowning me out because they dissent. That would lead to a confrontation, and as we all know, we have the right to peaceably assemble, not assemble and beat the living crap out of each other. That's what we call a riot.

Please everyone, let's keep this clean, ok?? I'll report anything that I see when/if I see it.

For Freedom,
TheBorg

posted on Apr, 29 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
first Kucinich is proposing impeachment on Cheney not Bush even he knows going after the Pres is not a good idea but HELL somebody has to take the fall for all the lies and treachery that has gone on under this administration...

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Wanted to post to let all know that I ended up missing the protest. I was tied up with some other stuff that prevented me from being able to do so. Not to mention my car was away from me at the time, so I couldn't go. Needless to say that it must have gone off without a hitch, otherwise I would have heard something about it by now.

Good news all around, I guess...

TheBorg

posted on Apr, 30 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Impeaching someone because of political differences. Real mature.
Hopefully it won't get anywhere.

posted on May, 4 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Impeaching someone because of political differences. Real mature.
Hopefully it won't get anywhere.

Read this.
And this.

In his conduct while President of the United States, George W. Bush, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has conspired to exceed his constitutional authority to wage war...

In his conduct while President of the United States, George W. Bush, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has subverted the principles of democracy...

In his conduct while President of the United States, George W. Bush, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has threatened the security of the American people...

And there is more, but I'll let you read for yourself. Point is, Impeachment is not about a difference of opinion, but about crimes commited in the white house. The "Patriot Act" alone is worth impeachment. Look up Articles of Impeachment and tell me you think this about difference of opinion.

top topics

join