It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill in California Legislature would ban incandescent lightbulbs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
A bill is moving through the California Assembly that would in effect ban the sale of regular lightbulbs by 2012. Supporters of the bill say it would decrease the states use of energy by 1.5% if compact fluorescent bulbs were predominatly used.

04-24) 04:00 PDT Sacramento -- An Assembly committee approved a bill Monday that would make California the first state in the nation to ban the sale of incandescent lightbulbs.

The proposal would ban incandescent bulbs between 25 watts and 150 watts by 2012. The bill's author, Assemblyman Lloyd Levine, D-Van Nuys, says a move to compact fluorescent bulbs, which last up to 10 times longer, would result in an energy savings and reduce carbon emissions.
Lightbulb bill approved by Assembly panel

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I wish they would not go through with this.

There is some people who cannot be around the new light bulbs. For instance people who has Lupus.

Their not suppose to be around that type of lighting its bad for them.

Also, I have heard that these new light bulbs doesn’t fit with peoples globes. The globes don’t go on because the bulbs are to long. Anyways, I just wish they would leave the bulbs alone.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
It is already admitted the bill is DOA if it ever gets to a floor vote. It's in the same category as the bill to outlaw spanking.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's already happening in Canada. Regular bulbs should be gone in Canada by 2010. Yep.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What the heck does the people do who can't have those kind of bulbs for health reasons?

Also, what about it not fitting properly in the fixtures with the globes.

I mean none of this makes any sense to me.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
What astonishes me about this type of thing, is that while the infrastructure crumbles, the politicos focus on trivial matters to look like they are doing something, while actually avoiding the problems that really need attention.

I should have gone into politics. I'm great at avoiding problems and things I should be taking care of. Like paying bills. Fixing the swamp cooler. With my experience, I think I could avoid really big issues too.

[edit on 7-5-2007 by whaaa]

top topics

join