It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

skyscraper fire fighters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone was watching the UK tv show Horizon and Jose Torero and his fire grid system. I managed to tape it and will watch it later from what I saw of it seems that it will work and why isn't the goverment putting this system into it's buildings to save peoples lives. Insted of wasteing money on stupid projects and dare I say it with out causeing to much fuss the war in iraq this system could have saved lives in 911.

BBC NEWS
It proposes a new paradigm for emergency response, the acquisition and digestion of large quantities of data by means of remote computer resources that can be accessed via the Grid.
Sensors within the buildings will provide a window to the inside of the fire while sophisticated computer models will use this information to forecast the progression of an event.

Horizon Fire Grid
Jose Torero believes fire fighters need not be put in such danger and that new technology could have saved many of the 343 fire fighters who died doing their duty that day. He believes he could even have saved the Twin Towers.

[edit on 02/014/200 by SE7EN]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Essentially it boils down to what the current fire marshals laws are.

The current laws do not require such a system to be in place, and as such, companies do not fork out cash to purchase such a system.

One would think it is common sense to make your bulding as safe as possible, but I've even seen buildings engineered with only the minimum dollar in mind, leading to a shortened and rather dangerous lifespan of its frame, foundation, power grid, and yes, even the sprinkler system.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I was looking for some information on this guy theres not that much about him really but I think after the tv show last night maybe people will have a new found intrest it's just a shame that people do thnigs on the cheap and it costing lives [911]

maybe the goverment should pass new laws to have this system to be put in as standard.

join