It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Disclosure??? - U.N. Debate The Issue Of Making E.T. Contact

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   
With france releasing its U.F.O documents, Brazil also doing the same, Chilean Military releasing Documents on u.F.O.s and senior Vatican officials discussing the reality of E.T.s on national T.V. ..... has Disclosure already started...
Has Contact already been made???

link
www.ufodigest.com...

U.N. to debate contact with extraterrestrial civilizations

U.N. General Assembly Now Has Resolution To Establish United Nations Decade Of Contact & Diplomatic Relations With E.T.s

For the first time in almost 27 years, the United Nations General Assembly will be debating the issue of establishing diplomatic relations with advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

On December 16, 2005, a Resolution to establish a United Nations Decade of Contact was formally transmitted to the incoming President of the General Assembly, H.E. Jan Eliasson of Sweden by the Institute for Cooperation in Space (ICIS), a Non-Governmental Organization. President Eliasson was Sweden's Ambassador to the United Nations from 2000 to 2005.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Something They're Not Telling Us
I have made comments before on the logistics of making contact with an extraterrestrial intelligence, and this subject is a very important one. Just how would we react? How would your life change if suddenly you were told that contact had been made with ET? Has that contact already been made? Possibly. At least now the nations of the world are considering the possibilities.

A press release issued a few weeks ago tells us that the United Nations General Assembly will debate "establishing diplomatic relations with advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

"MAY NOW BE VISITING EARTH?" Yes, that's exactly what it says. As you may recall, we have heard rumblings about disclosure for quite some time now. France has released UFO files, Brazil has released secret UFO files, Great Britain has released documents dealing with UFOs, and the former Prime Minister of Canada, Paul Hellyer has called for open discussion of UFOs.

This leads me to believe that the assertion that governments of the world are holding back information on UFOs is true, and just maybe we are being prepared for an announcement. I'll leave you to ponder this statement by a Non-Governmental spokesperson about the United Nations: "We are certain... (there will be) official disclosure of an advanced Extraterrestrial presence, and for the beginnings of a United Nations Decade of Contact."

link
ufos.about.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We, the Undersigned, endorse the following petition:
UNITED NATIONS DECADE OF CONTACT
Target: H.E. JAN ELIASSON, PRESIDENT OF THE U.N. GENERAL ASSEMBLY, U.N. GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Sponsor: Alfred Lambremont Webre, ICIS-Institute for Cooperation in Space

* Signatures: 5,218
* Goal: 10,000
* Deadline: Ongoing...

* See Full Petition
* Email this Petition

We request a UNITED NATIONS DECADE OF CONTACT:

DISCLOSURE about Extraterrestrial Civilizations (ETs);

DECADE OF CONTACT - Public funding of education research about ETs.

DISARMAMENT - Ban space-based weapons and warfare in space.

DIPLOMACY with ethical ETs now visiting Earth.

link
www.thepetitionsite.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoww
Has Contact already been made???

Of course. Contact was made a long time ago. Probably nefarious 'contracts' with the aliens as well. The only big thing that we all need now is DISCLOSURE.

DISARMAMENT - Ban space-based weapons and warfare in space.
www.thepetitionsite.com...

This has been posted many times here and it has been discussed at length.

DISARMAMENT is NOT a good idea when it comes to aliens. They are not a friendly bunch.

I strongly discourage people from signing this thing.

[edit on 4/24/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Wait a minute!

Does ufo digest keep regurgitating old news and making it new?

What does the last paragraph mean?

Reached for comment, one Non-Governmental spokesperson stated, "We are certain 2006 will be a banner year for official disclosure of an advanced Extraterrestrial presence, and for the beginnings of a United Nations Decade of Contact."

What gives? Do non governmental people know that we are in 2007????

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The United Nations Basic Space Science
Initiative: The TRIPOD concept
National Astronomical Observatory, Mitaka, Tokyo 181-8588, Japan
University of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742-2421, USA
email: [email protected]
American Association of Variable Star Observers, 25 Birch Street, Cambridge, MA 02138,
USA
3015 10th St., Boulder, CO 80304, USA
College of Arts and Sciences, Sharjah University P.O. Box, 27272 Sharjah, United Arab
Emirates
Centre for Mathematical Sciences, Pala Campus, Arunapuram P.O. Box, Pala-686574,
Kerala, India
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD 20771, USA
AFRL/VSBXS and ISR, Boston College, 29 Randolph Road, Hanscom AFB, MA
01731-3010, USA
United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs, Vienna International Centre, A-1400 Vienna,
Austria
Abstract. Since 1990, the United Nations is annually holding a workshop on basic space science
for the benefit of the worldwide development of astronomy. Additional to the scientific benefits
of the workshops and the strengthening of international cooperation, the workshops lead to the
establishment of astronomical telescope facilities through the Official Development Assistance
(ODA) of Japan. Teaching material, hands-on astrophysics material, and variable star observing
programmes had been developed for the operation of such astronomical telescope facilities in an
university environment. This approach to astronomical telescope facility, observing programme,
and teaching astronomy has become known as the basic space science TRIPOD concept. Cur-
rently, a similar TRIPOD concept is being developed for the International Heliophysical Year
2007, consisting of an instrument array, data taking and analysis, and teaching space science.
Keywords. United Nations, international cooperation, basic space science, TRIPOD, astro-
† Presented the invited paper on behalf of the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs

link
66.102.9.104...:6lmAR6mCaz0J:arxiv.org/pdf/physics/0610149+united+nations+e.t.+space&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

[edit on 24-4-2007 by Shadoww]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
Wait a minute!

Does ufo digest keep regurgitating old news and making it new?

What does the last paragraph mean?

Reached for comment, one Non-Governmental spokesperson stated, "We are certain 2006 will be a banner year for official disclosure of an advanced Extraterrestrial presence, and for the beginnings of a United Nations Decade of Contact."

What gives? Do non governmental people know that we are in 2007????

I originally saw it while scouring todays news at this link
ufos.about.com...

that led me to the other site.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
sorry shadoww, I didn't mean that as a rib, I just was confused about that last paragraph....

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Respect for extraterrestrial environment
All space actors should respect the extraterrestrial
environment and life forms if they exist.A
reflection on the risk of contamination of the
extraterrestrial environment in the process of the
exploration and use of outer space should be
initiated at the international level.
Principles applying to genetic manipulations apply
as well to extraterrestrial life.
Items 7,8,9 & 10 reaffirm principles embedded in
international space law
Principles of research in outer space
The freedom of scientific research in space stated
notably in the Outer Space Treaty of 1967 is an
ethical principle.
Any experiment in outer space should take all
necessary
measures
to
avoid
harmful
contamination of both terrestrial and extra
terrestrial environment

here is a paragraph from the United Nations Cultural and Scientific and Educational organization

link
66.102.9.104...:B3lKN_6Z4xgJ:portal.unesco.org/shs/en/file_download.php/57025a61912db534096e3cacaf201241DraftPolicyDocument4.pdf+un ited+nations+extraterrestrial+space&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=14&gl=uk&client=firefox-a

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Can someone record the UN debates and post these on Youtube? Even though its probably not amounting to much, it would be nice to see and listen to the debate, whos saying what etc.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Do you think the UN debate will be televised??

That'd be cool.

I did find this, maybe it will be here....

UN Webcast

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Well well. This is interesting. It certaintly does look like we the public are being primed for First Contact. And by we really need this right now what with all our problems in the world a shock like this is just what we need. A cosmic reality check.

Bring it on !!

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Interesting initiative from the U.N. even though some years old

Haha, I particularly liked this part of the ethics (1.3.8 in Shadows link):

Benefit sharing
The affirmation notably stated in the Outer SpaceTreaty of 1967 that exploration and use of outerspace should be undertaken for the benefit ofhumankind as a whole is an ethical principle. All countries should be treated equally as regardsaccess to space information and technology. In particular, barriers to entry in space use and exploration should be avoided.

Did someone forget to tell that to NASA in regards of the european space agency?
Otherwise we could have been arranging space cruises around the moon by now... greedy undisclosing bastards, hehe

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Im just speculating, but it seems to me that something is pushing them on..
That things are being rushed.
I dont know why..
The French release, the FOI act, the Canadian documents, Chilean/Brazilian Docs..
All in a relatively short space.
UN debating it..
What else do they know, that we dont..
Something even bigger than disclosure???

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is very interesting indeed...Does it say when they will be having the discussion?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Something They're Not Telling Us
I have made comments before on the logistics of making contact with an extraterrestrial intelligence, and this subject is a very important one. Just how would we react? How would your life change if suddenly you were told that contact had been made with ET? Has that contact already been made? Possibly. At least now the nations of the world are considering the possibilities.

A press release issued a few weeks ago tells us that the United Nations General Assembly will debate "establishing diplomatic relations with advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

"MAY NOW BE VISITING EARTH?" Yes, that's exactly what it says. As you may recall, we have heard rumblings about disclosure for quite some time now. France has released UFO files, Brazil has released secret UFO files, Great Britain has released documents dealing with UFOs, and the former Prime Minister of Canada, Paul Hellyer has called for open discussion of UFOs.

This leads me to believe that the assertion that governments of the world are holding back information on UFOs is true, and just maybe we are being prepared for an announcement. I'll leave you to ponder this statement by a Non-Governmental spokesperson about the United Nations: "We are certain... (there will be) official disclosure of an advanced Extraterrestrial presence, and for the beginnings of a United Nations Decade of Contact."

link
ufos.about.com...

if they are trying to prepare us by increasing public awareness, then I think it is working. I myself used to be a skeptic until a couple months ago when I read about Paul Hellyer, which led me to Disclosure Project, which led me to here, which led me to all sorts of convincing evidence on roswell, jfk, 9/11, nwo, etc. etc.

I used to be a sceptic because I thought "why would aliens want to travel light years to reach us... it would take them ages". But then I realized... who says they have to travel at light speed? Who says the laws of physics can't be broken? Theoretical physicists don't have 100% proof that their theories are true. What if a anti-gravity engine can warp the fabric of space-time shortening the distance that needs to be traveled? We don't even fully understand the human mind... so how are we to know the absolute facts about the laws of physics?

It only took me about 2 months to break out of my manipulated state of mind but I'm now prepared for disclosure and whatever truth there may be even if there may be a malevolent ET civilization or evil NWO organization or timetavelers from the future trying to take over Earth (since I feel we have bigger things to worry about, like nuclear terrorism).

[edit on 24-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

[edit on 24-4-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Only thing is that the UN page that UFO digest is linking to is the 2005 UN Assembly, which make ufodigest seem as they are bumping news rather than reporting it :S

The current assembly is no. 61 and the one digest refers to is no. 60.

Although the UNs current stand on issues regarding outerspace can be found here:

UN & Outerspace

niv

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I apologize if this sounds antagonistic, but isn't the UN irrelevant to UFO disclosure? They have no money, no power, no citizens, and no autonomy. It seems to me that disclosure would need to come from the aliens or a large country (not necessarily the US). While I do believe that aliens are visiting us, I'm skeptical that there will be human-directed disclosure any time soon.

[edit on 24-4-2007 by niv]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Maybe your right pal..
I know very little about the UN or its policy towards disclosure or e.t.s or even if it has one.
just found it whilst i was researching the other thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I follow this fellows website a bit, he runs a web-bot program that is intending to predict/foretell events in plain english (although sometimes jibberish). The web-bot's are systems of computers scanning the internet simultaneously for news and public sentiment. Interesting stuff like the Black Box that predicts the future. Anyway here is what he says about his web-bots prediction recently, that this summer may be a time of disclosure, either by the UFO's or by governments.

www.urbansurvival.com...

Bot Hit -- UFO's

The last bot run had a lot of stuff in it about UFO's in the present (and through summer) time period and while I admit that I was skeptical, here's a very interesting report that the United Nations is about to debate "How are we going to deal with an extraterrestrial civilization when they come knocking?

As Billy Booth notes in "Something they're Not Telling Us":

"A press release issued a few weeks ago tells us that the United Nations General Assembly will debate "establishing diplomatic relations with advanced Extraterrestrial Civilizations that may now be visiting Earth.

"MAY NOW BE VISITING EARTH?"

I'll keep my eyes peeled, but I expect if the bots are right about what's ahead - along with all the hints here - we should see some dandy UFO displays over big cities this summer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join