It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IED's Getting Bigger?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   
With the recent bombing in Iraq, , Bomb Kills 9 US Soldiers, and the ones in past weeks & months, are the IEDs ( car bombs ) getting bigger or more potent than before?

It seems every day we here about a bomb or bombs going off in Iraq and taking the lives of many. It seems to me the body counts have been getting higher with every bombing.

Car bombs seem to be doing more damage to the forces as well as the roadside IED's.

Is this Part of the Iran connection or could just be that the bombs have been more on target.

Maybe one of the Military/Weapons Gurus' can shed some light on the possibility of the bombs getting bigger vs. just being well placed.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't know if using that article where the troops were killed by a suicide bomber ramming at their checkpoint would mean IEDs are getting more powerful.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I recently heard a cspan1 (book reviews, authors, etc.) an author talks about the leftovers from previous wars i.e. Korean, WWII, Operation Freedom are used for the next war in the vicinity. Remember when Operation Accomplished was announced? There was some media reports of mass munition dumps that were not secured, could never be secured and would take a century to destroy or confiscate usable materials. I guess the American dumb down theory is correct. We heard it once, and we've forgotten about it. Therefore my belief is that there are more than enough explosives in Iraq to continue a gorilla warfare, or civil war, or whatever you want to call it- indefinitely. Then take in the different tribes that also get supplied from the surrounding countries, libya, iran, syria, saudi arabia. No 300 foot wall will prevent 'materials' from being used against us.

Point #1 Iran is not the only country contributing weapons. The materials are already there.

Point #2 Remember our own civil war? How many casualties were there? Why should we (americans) be involved in someone else's civil war? Unless it was the purpose of the leader- commander in chief to start a perpetual war to begin with.

Besides, don't worry... The troups will leave Iraq just before the election, and we will be in Iran.... So the little Patriot Act and Homeland Security rules will prevent an election- So much to look forward to, that the little problem of IED and other armor piercing weaponry will be insignificant. The propaganda media can do another shock and awe series, and the U.S. flag will get you into heaven. (Great John Prine song)

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
I don't know if using that article where the troops were killed by a suicide bomber ramming at their checkpoint would mean IEDs are getting more powerful.

Only chose that article because it was recent.

Originally posted by grailkeeper.
Car bombs seem to be doing more damage to the forces as well as the roadside IED's.

top topics

join