It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Old fashioned UFOs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Having never seen a UFO, I can't say I know they exist, but I bet they do. I wonder though if there is a whole secret culture on earth that developed and fly what we call UFOs. Over the past 50 years, the UFOs that people commonly report have changed. From older ones like flying saucers or flying disks submitted by pilot Kenneth Arnold to Army Air Force intelligence on July 12, 1947. Or this one. To new glowing ones like this.
Makes ya wonder who is making them...

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Even more prevalent these days are simply balls of light, triangular craft, cigar shaped craft and silver, spherical objects.

The common stereotypical saucer has kind of died off, but not entirely.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If you look at 'ye olde UFO's', especially from the fifties and such, they match the general view of what life would be in the future.

UFO's nowadays are more sophisticated because of movies/video games/whatever. New times bring about a new breed of hoaxers and liars unfortunately.

I'm not saying that I don't believe in ET visitation, I do, it's just that many UFO pictures or reports match the generalized view of aliens as a whole from the time period.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:09 AM
link   
What ever happened to all those test flights of ufo's like the Vought V-173 / XF5U-1 back in the 1940's. www.daveswarbirds.com...
That's just one of many test flights and engineering projects that was going on back then. Then they all disappeared into thin air. I think we've got plenty of military flying saucers and other shapes and sizes of aircraft/spacecraft. My question is " Did we have help?"
I'd like to think that us humans did it all on our own, but you never know.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Excellent question, imo.

I wonder what it would take to compile a comprehensive timeline of the evolution of "ufo" sightings.

It may be also interesting to compile a similar timeline of the evolution of known military aircraft projects, then compare the two.

I am a firm believer that many true sightings were of military craft. Unidentifiable as anything known (by the public) at the time, it could be erroneously percieved by an unknowing public, that the observed object was not of earthly origins.

just my 2 cents.

edit for clarity

[edit on 4/24/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

I am a firm believer that many true sightings were of military craft.

That would explain why there would be government cover-up. Even if half the sighting are alien, they would want to keep the whole thing under wraps. If that technology exists then the technology in the public domain is artificially maintained. I wonder how big the gap is between the public domain and the real thing.

new topics

top topics

join