It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow people descriptions...

page: 1

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ever since my unpleasant experience with what I believe may have been a shadow person several years ago, I've become quite interested in the subject. In fact, that's how I initially came across ATS.

As I've read about various encounters, there seems to be a wide discrepancy in the description of these entities. For instance, some are a solid black void, some have red eyes, some are dimensional, some wisps of smoke, some have hats or hoods, etc.

I would like to use this thread as a basis for collecting a more detailed graphic description of what shadow people look like. Are they solid or semi-transparent? Could you make out any discernible features? What color were they (black, grey, blue...)? Were they accompanied by a scent, or did they make any noise?

Really, any detail you can recall would be most helpful.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I have seen these figures before and always take it as a bad sign. It lets me know I have to lighten up and get my overall vibration to a higher/lighter level. Check out these pics I've attached. Though creepy, they are some of the coolest photographic evidence I have seen

www.book-of-thoth.com...

www.extreme.indiana.edu...

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
The photo of the Seattle shadow looks like it's wearing jeans and sneakers.
That's a nice change of pace from the hoods and bowler hats I've read about.

What has been your experience? What have you witnessed?

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Hi,

I've been away from ATS for quite a while now, recently broke my posting holiday actually! Browsing through the recent posts, yours caught my eye. I've had my own experience with this, as have several other people I know, with differing consequences and possible explanations too.

Anyway, as far as a description of what I saw, I can only describe 'it' as a hole in reality in humanoid (albeit a diminutive) form, almost as though the real form was being somehow masked from my eyes, or maybe that reality (space/time) was being displaced by the figure. It was very well defined, and not something I will ever forget, hard to when it's standing right in front and moving towards you!
It had very solid edges, not like the fuzziness and transparency that is usually observed.

I posted my experience to a thread on ATS a while back, you can read the whole thing here if you haven't already...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

or you can read it as a text file here...

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Although you'd be better off just saving the text file to your desktop as word wrap tends to be temperamental in web browsers I find!

What I find very interesting is that most people seem to view thier appearance as some sort of ill omen, or even that 'they' themselves are of evil intent, I had none of this impression of them, indeed they 'felt' completely benevolent and I am no worse off for the experience.

Q

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
wow, i thought i had lost my mind but it is good to know i'm not the only one to see them

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEQUANTUMSHAMAN
Anyway, as far as a description of what I saw, I can only describe 'it' as a hole in reality in humanoid (albeit a diminutive) form, almost as though the real form was being somehow masked from my eyes, or maybe that reality (space/time) was being displaced by the figure. It was very well defined, and not something I will ever forget, hard to when it's standing right in front and moving towards you!
It had very solid edges, not like the fuzziness and transparency that is usually observed.

Now, this is what I'm talking about!
You witnessed well-defined solid edges. Did the figure appear to be three-dimensional?

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by theutahbigfoothunter
I have seen these figures before and always take it as a bad sign. It lets me know I have to lighten up and get my overall vibration to a higher/lighter level. Check out these pics I've attached. Though creepy, they are some of the coolest photographic evidence I have seen

www.book-of-thoth.com...

www.extreme.indiana.edu...

I posted an image on this site a few days ago with questions relating to a smokey shadow that my digital camera captured and looks like I may have stumbled across the answer here in this thread. Tell me what you think.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Jimmy, that is an unusual image. I'm not sure what type of anomaly you have captured with your camera. Thanks for sharing!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Now, this is what I'm talking about!
You witnessed well-defined solid edges. Did the figure appear to be three-dimensional?

Hi again, sorry for taking so long to reply, I was going to a couple of days ago but my browser misunderstood the command 'open in new window'
and I lost everything I wrote, grrr.

Anyway, to answer your question, yes it did have very well defined 'solid' (if that word is appropriate) edges and appeared to be three dimensional.
Actually, given its appearance as a 'hole in space/time in humanoid shape' it was actually more four dimensional!

I have found another thread that references the same description that I would use...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's only a single post but it was the circumstances that struck me as familiar.
When I describe the shadow people as black, it's not really the right word. What most people think of as black is usually just very dark blue (as in a black fabric), or black as in the night (where you can still see because of starlight, or if it's cloudy then the reflected light from streetlamps) But this thing was BLACK, I mean a complete absence of any radiated light or any kind of reflectivity, as if it weren't there at all!
But of course it was, because there was a fair amount of light in the room and it stood out a mile!
What struck me about that post is the fact that this person could clearly see this creature even in the relative darkness of a moonless night, which tallies with my impresion that even in the most darkened of circumstances it still would have been blacker than the ambient light and still would have stood out against it.

As for the three dimensional aspect of it, well, when it leaned down toward me I was presented with a differing aspect, which would confirm it's dimensional characteristics. Plus, the ones I could see out of the corner of my eye were moving about also, they seemd to be moving in a quite naturally 'humanoid' way, although I was not aware of thier legs moving, I was so transfixed by the overall experience it was hard for me to be utterly objective.

As I think about it more, it strikes me as odd that my eyes didn't seem to have trouble focussing on what was essentially 'nothing' (as far as thier optical characteristics are concerned), which would suggest that they were in fact a 'normal' solid creature of some sort and that the 'shadow' was some sort of cloaking device? Or possibly even that my unconscious mind had somehow prevented me from seeing something for which I was not prepared? Although I would have to say that my conscious mind would have alot to say to the contrary!

The cloaking field theory is further reinforced by the similarities that my experience has to classic abduction scenarios, which can be further linked to the UFO that passed over my village some months later.
But, of course, these are all just theories and I have yet to formulate any cogent explanation for the experience as a whole, my mind is still open to any and all possibilities.

The biggest annoyance over ths whole thing is that they have not returned yet, I would quite happily sit down with a cuppa and discuss whatever they would choose to talk about if only they would return! Maybe when I work out the significance of two to the power of 68 they will indeed reappear.
You can be sure that if/when they do I will be asking a few questions and will hopefully have my digital camera to hand!

posted on May, 5 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
i've seen one, it was just an arm though.... im 100% positive that they exist.

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by THEQUANTUMSHAMAN
As I think about it more, it strikes me as odd that my eyes didn't seem to have trouble focussing on what was essentially 'nothing' (as far as thier optical characteristics are concerned), which would suggest that they were in fact a 'normal' solid creature of some sort and that the 'shadow' was some sort of cloaking device? Or possibly even that my unconscious mind had somehow prevented me from seeing something for which I was not prepared? Although I would have to say that my conscious mind would have alot to say to the contrary!

Now this is an interesting concept. Perhaps we can only see a void because our brains cannot visually comprehend what we're seeing.

In my experience, though, the shadow person I saw was wearing gray sweatpants with a drawstring and a white short sleeve t-shirt that was tucked. But the arms and the head were completely a black void. It was an extremely alarming situation which thankfully didn't last long!

posted on May, 8 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I dont think Ive seen a shadowman,
but one day I woke up after sleep paralysis, and started walking and realised that the walls of my room, had shadows all over, moving and shifting, for a few seconds until it slowly dissapered, anyone ever experinced this?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I believe as i have seen shadows,yes the classic explanation of "mind tricks" the whole shebang i don't doubt as i have have caught quick fly by's before that could easily be explained as a trick of my eyes,but then when you start getting an ice cold shiver feeling like someone is watching you..or breathing over your shoulder to say and then you see it... the movement ..and more than once in a few minutes i start leaning towards paranorm.

I have had serious discussions,arguments with friends & via the net and found people with similar experiences here,yes always need to be asked about taking drugs and the usual..where i am free,don't drink,no drugs and i have seen them & the feeling before is not a good one.

I have had recorders running when i start to get these feelings but never caught it on video or even a pic

posted on May, 14 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
I believe as i have seen shadows,yes the classic explanation of "mind tricks" the whole shebang i don't doubt as i have have caught quick fly by's before that could easily be explained as a trick of my eyes,but then when you start getting an ice cold shiver feeling like someone is watching you..or breathing over your shoulder to say and then you see it... the movement ..and more than once in a few minutes i start leaning towards paranorm.

Many of us have had that odd, creepy feeling that we were being watched. No doubt, most of us just marked it down to paranoia. But, I believe our gut instincts are right on the mark more times than not -- it's an inherent part of our defense mechanism.

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Many of us have had that odd, creepy feeling that we were being watched. No doubt, most of us just marked it down to paranoia. But, I believe our gut instincts are right on the mark more times than not -- it's an inherent part of our defense mechanism.

That is exactly what i was trying to say or meant ..you explained & said it perfectly

posted on May, 15 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am Native American by 1/3 Mohawk.
Our legends tell us that Sasquatch is not bound to earth.
He exists in both worlds...

Some very good UFO evidence with Bigfoot and possible EDE travelers vs just ETE travels has me convinced along with the desriptions by Yehsua that a extradimesional universe exists.

To me the shadow people are extradimensional realites that many have told of. There are many differernt kinds.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I have seen "shadow" people at night and during the day.

I see forms moving across my vision, but a lot of the time it is just light reflecting off of my retina. Other times I believe I do see spirits. Most of their shapes are too uniform to just be reflections.

You cannot be afraid of these creatures. By giving into fear, you empower them. They are nothing but shadows of their former selves. They are nothing compared to you. Do not fear them! BE NOT AFRAID!

I have seen them as great spiders, dogs, and other animals. They try to impersonate whatever it is you are afraid of. Your greatest fear, that is what they will try to manifest as.

They are only misguided spirits. They cannot harm you.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I used to see these creatures frequently, when I was a child; they say children's perceptions of the unseen world are much more keen, since they have not yet been overly influenced by the skepticism of adulthood. I would see them mostly at night, although sometimes during the day, as well. They usually would turn up in my bedroom late at night as distinct darker forms against the blackness of my room. In my own case they tended to travel in pairs and sometimes threes and they were not uniform in size or shape, only in the distinct outline of their forms.

I could not then be sure whether they were three-dimensionsal but I am sure they were there. I would feel this creepy feeling in my stomach and along my spine and then, poof, there they would be. I would start to cry and scream for my parents who always came to turn on the bedroom light and of course there would be no one there; when I would describe them to my father, he would always reply with the same queston, "how can you see a shadow in a dark room with no light"? I would tell him that they were just darker than the darkness of my room. In the end it was always brushed aside as a bad dream, but I know different.

I have had one other run in with these beings in adulthood; sitting in my living room, reading a book, when I caught movement out of the corner of my eye; I turned and saw this black, inky form, clearly humanoid, pass through the wall and disappear. My cat was spitting and had it's hackles up until the "entity"was gone and was acting really odd for several minutes afterward. I have no idea what they are but I know what I saw.

posted on May, 17 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
The one I used to see all the time was a 3-D figure of a Shadow Man wearing what appeared to be a derby hat. At first I only saw it when I suddenly had the feeling I was being watched while I slept. I am a very light sleeper and when I awake, it would be at my bedside for a few seconds, then backs away into nothing.

What I mean 'nothing' is that a street light shined through my window from outside, so i could see everything around my bed for about three feet. The shadow thing would back out of the light and into the dark.

When I got older and moved, thats when I'd see it during sleep paralysis. I always told myself that I would remain calm (control my heart beat) and try to order it to go away with my own voice and authority, but the last time it happened, I remained calm and what not, but I still couldnt move. I looked at it with a stern look as it was at the foot of my bed and immediately, i regained control of the top half of my body.

I sat up, still no voice, but the shadow disappeared and I havent seen it since. But that was only about 9 months ago, and I use to see it once-or-twice a month.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I witnessed a shadow person in my backyard once a few years back. It was summer time and I was sitting outside watching the meteor showers, I can't remember which meteor showers it was. I was also listening to Coast to Coast with my headphones.

When C2C went to break I took off my headphones to give my ears a break and I went to stretch. I saw a totally black shadow looking of a person walking toward my garage. Now I say shadow because I have no better word for it. This shadow had no face, no features of any kind. It was totally black. It looked solid to me, not transparent this shadow was also complete, not just one half of a person but a complete person. It was a featureless 3 dimensional solid black person. Then it disappeared.

It scared the crap out of me, I went inside and was done watching the meteors that night and a long time after that night I found it very hard to be outside by myself at night. I am over it now and I have never seen it since then.

All I know is that if you ever see one for yourself then you will be scared guaranteed!!!

top topics

join