It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage evil, abortion terrorism: Vatican

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well -- I see a major difference between individuals who understand the consiousness message of their savior - - - and that of the machine "organized religion".

The current Right Wing Political Christian Machine - - - gives good - compassionate - understanding Christians a bad name.

I find it really pathetic how people "find" religion during bad or controversial times - - - yet waiver from it when the immediate "need" dissipates.

My spiritual believe is 24/7 - - - and is not in a man made book.

It is time we stop labeling people - - - and accept them for who they are in their hearts.

As far as abotion - - - it is no one's business but the parents.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I don't understand why non Catholics give a toss about what comes out of the Vatican. The Catholic church record speaks for itself as do the people that run an organisation who's only interest is brain washing the masses. I for one sure don't give any creditability to a bunch of old people who give the impression that they live on another plant.

I mean come on people think about it if you class abortion as murder (which I don't ) then what is opposing the use of condoms in Africa ?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
I don't understand why non Catholics give a toss about what comes out of the Vatican.

Because what they say effects the rest of the world. As one of the largest religious organizations in the world, wouldn't you think its followers would impact government, laws, and society?

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Because what they say effects the rest of the world. As one of the largest religious organizations in the world, wouldn't you think its followers would impact government, laws, and society?

IMO a lot depends on the separation of the church and the state. Providing the church and the state remain seperate as they should there is no reason for non Catholics to care about the rantings that come out of the Vatican.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Let me point out also as a reminder to all, that no matter how sick, true or negativity of comments . . . and statements . . . when they come from the highest ranks of religious groups and organizations like the Vatican, followers will believe in it and will follow any advise given to them base in faith.

It doesn't matter who said the statement or voice the opinion . . . the faithful will believe it.

Occurs is always the believer that has common sense and will take all this in a different manner and with a different view.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
IMO a lot depends on the separation of the church and the state. Providing the church and the state remain seperate as they should there is no reason for non Catholics to care about the rantings that come out of the Vatican.

And what country in the world actually has separation of church and state? Even France makes exceptions for Christians over other faiths, when wearing religious symbols on clothing.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Forget about the Vatican. Their Swiss guards uniforms haven't changed in 500 years, do you seriously think that gay marriage and abortion will be accepted or tolerated in our livetimes ? Come on, people, stop thinkin the world is turning around you. Our lives are # compared to the Christianity
and it will move only when everybody will agree with gay marriage and abortion.
I don't believe in any god , which are creations of the human primitive fears, but i respect the believers. Let those funny-hats talk between them, they won't change anything, since the Inquisition disappeared. haha !

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
DJMessiah I live in New Zealand and the government ensures that the state and church are separate. There is no prayer in public schools and none of the ID BS is taught in the classroom. Yes you can wear a necklace with a cross on it if you choose to that hardly forces your beliefs onto others.

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Do they have voting booths in chuches, as the US does?

Do members of the goverment have any prayers before starting a session?

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Out here we have a state religion (Lutherian Christianity) but our church is very convinient and doesn't restrict peoples lifes. We kicked the vatican bunch out of here during the 30-year war, i suggest it's time the rest of the world would do the same.

Some how i wish Hitler would have done a one more act of violence and had allowed his SS-Dogs to sweep the vatican, they were ready for it for a while, but order never came...

Vatican is the prime source of suffering for the developing world, the reason for rampant population growth and AIDS epidemic... just becouse the man who've never had sex say that piece of rubber is evil

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Do they have voting booths in chuches, as the US does?

Polling stations are usually held in local primary schools.

Do members of the goverment have any prayers before starting a session?

There is no official pray before Parliament sits that I know of. What MPs do in there own time is there business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join