It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay marriage evil, abortion terrorism: Vatican

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Gay marriage evil, abortion terrorism: Vatican

news.yahoo.com

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - The Vatican's second-highest ranking doctrinal official on Monday forcefully branded homosexual marriage an evil and denounced abortion and euthanasia as forms of "terrorism with a human face."

The attack by Archbishop Angelo Amato, secretary of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, was the latest in a string of speeches made by either Pope Benedict or other
Vatican officials as Italy considers giving more rights to gays.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Why there is such hostility against gays, I don't know. Does not the Bible forbid sodomy, and not homosexuality? If every sin holds the same weight, then why isn't there such a large movement against divorce or pre-marital sex?

To call "abortion" as terrorism, is out of line.

I think the Church needs to teach love and peace, just as Jesus wanted, rather than their own teachings.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-4-2007 by DJMessiah]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I guess the church has seen how well the words evil and terrorism has worked for the purpose of pushing political ideologies that . . . hey why not for religious pushing also.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So does this mean that the "war on terrorism" is now against abortionists and pro-choice people?

People are using the term "terrorism" way to frequently now, for everything.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
People are using the term "terrorism" way to frequently now, for everything.

That's a fact. Eco-terrorism comes to mind. Pretty frickin lame if you ask me but hey, maybe the Vatican spin doctors think that this wording will enforce their point.

Oh, their point? They're going to give gay people more rights as long as they don't marry? Same with unmarried hetro's?

Can't argue with them on the abortion issue. Education, not abortion is needed imo.

Euthanasia is terrorism? BULL#!!! 5 years ago, when my Grandfather was dying of liver cancer there was 2 choices. Up the meds and let him go quietly, which the Doc's mercifully did, or let him suffer for what? A couple of weeks? A month? Not only letting him suffer but prolong the agony of his wife, his daughter and his grand and great grandchildren.

I gotta tell you, I miss JP2. This new Pope is taking the Church into the past, not leading into the future.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well actually the patriot act mades possible to . . . attach terrorism to anything that can fit the "open description".

Now when it comes to abortion, pro choice people has been call many things but adding now terrorism to the repertoire will bring visions of delivered acts of planned attacks of murder to get a better impact and results when pushing the issue.

Now gays been evil that is not new in the vocabulary of religious pushers but using terrorism with it will bring memories of criminal acts against the Christian believes on the foundations of family life.

Why I don't get is . . . what is the obsession of some groups when it comes to the private lives of others . . . instead of spending time with their own lives they rather spend their time trying to control others.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Why I don't get is . . . what is the obsession of some groups when it comes to the private lives of others . . . instead of spending time with their own lives they rather spend their time trying to control others.

Because it's against morals and eventually corrupts the world, the same world our children must grow up in. That's why we "obsess with the private lives of others..."

But that's my opinion.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Because it's against morals and eventually corrupts the world...

Um, who's morals? I'm sure yours aren't the same as mine.

the same world our children must grow up in. That's why we "obsess with the private lives of others..."

I raise my kids on MY values and those of their mother, not what someone on the other side of the planet determines for me.

But that's my opinion.

OK.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
You know, this is one of those times I really wish I was'nt such an
adament believer in free speech.

That in itselof should say something.

Personally I don't care what the Vatican, Pope, Archbishop or anyone else
with some idiocentric pompous title has to say, they do not get to decide.

I wonder how long before the Vatican ceases to exist.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If we realized that the aspects of all of our lives are all aspects of all of our lives, then we could learn to live and die peace fully together and not be divided and "controlling", rather accepting, understanding, and joy full

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Because it's against morals and eventually corrupts the world, the same world our children must grow up in. That's why we "obsess with the private lives of others..."

But that's my opinion.

That is why is the right of each individual to raise their children in accordance to their own understanding of right or wrong, but also to allow the adults to make the decisions when it comes to the definition of morality as per own interpretation.

I raised two children into responsible adults . . . and guess what . . . I didn't had the need of a church to tell me how to raised them.

They know about religion . . . all religions, now as adult is their choice to believe what they want.

I never forced believes on them . . . but they know the meaning of consequences. . . and I prepared them to take responsibilities.

A church is a place for those that wants guidance . . . but is not the place of a church any church to tell me or others how to live our lives.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Its very interesting they applied the terrorism trap to those on the side of pro-choice. Seeing as you never hear about pro-choice supporters bombing pro-life facilities, or pro-choice supporters murdering pro-life activists and leaders.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If there is a God - - I doubt he is corrupt.

It is man twisting God's words to fit his own fears -- needs & greeds -- that is corrupt.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Well at least he doesn't have his own army and a league of torture loving perverts known as inquisitors this century - Does he???

"Woe to you pharisees for you tithe the mint and rue every herb and neglect justice and the love of God; these you ought to have done, without neglecting others. Woe to you pharisees for you love the best seat in the synagogues and salutations in the market places. Woe to you for you are like graves which are not seen and men walk over them without knowing it. Woe to you lawyers also for you load men with burdens hard to bear and you yourselves do not touch the burdens with one of your fingers." Luke 42-45

Behold a glutton, a drunk and a friend of tax collectors and sinners. Luke 35

"And Sad ducees came to him, who say that there is no resurrection; and they asked him a question, saying "Teacher Moses wrote for us that if a man's brother dies and leaves a wife, but leaves no child, the man must take the wife, and raise up the children for his brother. There were seven brothers; the first took a wife and when he died left no children; and the second took her and died, leaving no children; the third likewise; and the seven left no children. Last of all the woman also died. In the resurrection whose wife shall she be? For the seven had her as wife.
Jesus answered to them, "Is not this why you are wrong, that you know neither the scriptures nor the power of God? For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven." Mark 18-25

Who the hell believes in abortion anyway - I mean honestly are they lining up to spend money just for the pleasure - it's a social reflection of the degradation of life, since when has the church paid for raising orphans in droves, without forcibly removing them from their Native parent's homes and raping them - that is.
And marriage - that is a creation of man - the marriages that aren't pleasing are the 75% of men who abandon their children financially.
Judge not lest you be not judged.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I don't think that gay people have had any negative impact on society at all,

I have gay friends and they are all open minded , have time for others and never condem people as terrorists because of there sexual orientation.

If the Vatican wants to get at the source of corruption in the world it doesnt have to look far.

The world is #ed until those in power are not slaves to money and corporations , and the religions of the world preach love and the progression of mankind

[edit on 23-4-2007 by tombangelta]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   
That is the opinion of one person and not the official position of the Church.

I don't know what the official position is, but I have a shiny penny it is not that extreme.

I am not going to bother looking up the official position, someone else can do that. They are just not important enough in my world view to give an hour of my time to.

With that said, I will now bow out of this thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Which is why I'm slowly hating Abrahamic religions more and more. I'm sick of their anti-gay agenda.

I swear...and the abortion thing...okay I believe that if possible, an alternate option should be taken, but I still cannot stand the idea of women being denied the right to their own bodies. I can't stand it at all. It irritates me to no end.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I don't get why more Christians don't speak out against bunny rabbits, shrimp, shaving...there are so many things that the bible does not like. And I am in no way a supporter of abortion but to call it terrorism is ridiculous. I really don't get these Jesus lovers sometimes. And have you heard of that family that goes around protesting solders funerals? I heard they want to go to VT victims funerals too. Out of all the religions Christianity is the one i have the least respect for.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'm seeing a lot of negative comment about Christianity as a whole here. I don't think this is reason enough to criticize all Christians. Just as all faiths, even mine, there are people who stray from the teachings and make up their own rules.

By posting this article, I didn't want others criticizing Christianity, but understanding how there are Churches that use their own teachings as Biblical teachings.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
ugh..the vatican..ohh watch out now ...they think something is evil. So they state this and then what? are we supposed to care? I don't know this guy he isn't my father so i don't care what his / vaticans opinions are

what is so wrong with gays? what is so wrong with what females choose to do with their own bodies? its THEIR life and their choices..which don't affect me at all..I don't care what chris and danny do in their bedroom! nor do I care that the lady on the bus next to me chose to abort her child..she's the one who has to live with the guilt not me.

so why must the vatican care?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join