It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Stonehenge A Stargate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Living not very far from Stonehenge i have been fortunate to visit this incredible site several times.
Maybe it was one of the sites that got me interested in Archaeology at a very young age.
I have been involved in several excavations of Barrows and Henges and have excavated a Bronze age round barrow by hand from start to finish..
Whilst working on such sites you have much time to theorize on purpose and the possible ritual activities that may of taken place there.
Stonehenge on the other hand is a different kettle of fish altogether.
The significance of the location and structure is something i could debate for eternity.
Here is a little background.
Stonehenge is positioned at the centre of a hub, or network, of alignment ley lines, making Stonehenge an energy portal, or a place of power. There are 14 major ley lines that converge at Stonehenge making a powerful vortex. One simple method of locating ley lines is by drawing a line connecting two old ancient sites, or churches. Churches were often built on ancient sites to acquire their energy, in some cases churches were built in the site of a henge, as was Winchester Cathedral, and at Avebury a whole village sits in the middle of a henge.
These ley lines interconnect all of Britain’s ancient sites. The term ‘ley lines’, was coined by Alfred Watkins in his acclaimed book The Old Straight Track, published in 1925. In it he introduced his rediscovery of this natural phenomenon known to the ancients. His theory was that ancient sites around Britain had actually been constructed, or formed, in a given alignment between, and across, the landscapes of Britain.

Touching the Stones
There is evidence that these straight tracks were used by the ancient peoples for spiritual purposes, and also for purposes such as trading and commerce. Stone circles, long barrows, tumuli and man-made hills were aligned along the ley-lines. These were used by the Neolithic people to define sacred spaces.

The oldest road in Britain, The Ridgeway, still links many ancient sites after 5,000 years, though it follows the hills and is not a straight track. The evidence of dowsers, including experts like Jude Currivan, is that ley lines align with ancient sites, and are often energy channels, rather than physical tracks, or roads, except where sacred ways, like those at Stonehenge and Avebury, follow the path of a ley line, for ceremonial or ritualistic purposes. The word ‘ley’ is Saxon in origin meaning ‘cleared glade’ which can be linked to ‘lea’ meaning a ‘tracked of open ground’- quoted from the Concise Oxford English Dictionary, Watkins saw the lines as connecting leys in the forests.
Some of the most important recent research on ley lines was undertaken by dowser Hamish Miller and Paul Broadhurst who revealed the enigmatic alignments of the St. Michael and St. Mary ley lines (M&M lines) in their book The Sun and the Serpent, (Pendragon Press, 1998). They followed the energies of these ley lines for three hundred miles across southern England, linking hundreds of Neolithic, Celtic and early Christian sacred places, and the alignments cross a large number of churches which are called St. Michael, or St. Mary.

In fact they showed that rather than a single ley line, there are two distinct lines that interweave with each other (think of Celtic art), and at certain places, like Glastonbury Tor, they interpenetrate. According to the Book of Revelation, Saint Michael slew the dragon in the Great War of Heaven, but the reality is much older, and reaches back to antediluvian myths. All over England there are hills and spots remembered locally where the dragon was killed, such as Dragon Hill, near Uffington, these are ancient sacred sites which have been “Christianized,” by reference to St. Michael, St. George, St. Catherine, and St. Margaret.

Jude Currivan explaining interplay of M &M energies
The image of the killing of the dragon is part of a cycle of birth and death, and the seasonal revitalization of the earth. Feng Shui masters, consider the crossing point of two ‘dragon lines’ as highly auspicious, depicting sacred space. It is worth mentioning here that the only places where the M&M lines do not travel in a straight line, is in Glastonbury, at the Abbey, where they separate then converge, in few places such as around the tomb of Arthur, the altar of the old Church; and at Chalice Well where they interweave. The rolling landscape of southern England is literally magical, the ancient energies still link the old sites, and the hidden networks of the past are still alive with earth energy.

Travelling around the Stonehenge area, i heard a tale about some hippies who were camping there one night, before it all got made inaccesable to the public on a stormy night, the story says they disappeared, leaving belongings and vehicles behind and were never seen again.

Here is what i could find about the story.

The Stonehenge Disappearance

The mysterious standing stones of Stonehenge in England was the site of an amazing disappearance in August, 1971. At this time Stonehenge was not yet protected from the public, and on this particular night, a group of "hippies" decided to pitch tents in the center of the circle and spend the night. They built a campfire, lit several joints of pot and sat around smoking and signing. Their campout was abruptly interrupted at about 2 a.m. by a severe thunder storm that quickly blew in over Salisbury Plain. Bright bolts of lightning crashed down on the area, striking area trees and even the standing stones themselves. Two witnesses, a farmer and a policeman, said that the stones of the ancient monument lit up with an eerie blue light that was so intense that they had to avert their eyes. They heard screams from the campers and the two witnesses rushed to the scene expecting to find injured - or even dead - campers. To their surprise, they found no one. All that remained within the circle of stones were several smoldering tent pegs and the drowned remains of a campfire. The hippies themselves were gone without a trace.

Is it possible the lightning caused the "stargate" to activate itself?
One thing is for sure..
They disappeared, and were never seen again.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I must say stonehenge certainly is a very big puzzle as to its meaning. I have visited it a few times when i was based in Bulford Camp up the road. Being from the area im sure you know Bulford pretty well.

Anyway my illusions of stonhenge were shattered not too long ago when i read a article stating that only a few decades ago the stones were refurbished and some were moved. I dont know if there is any truth in this i will have to find that article. Basically it got me thinking that the stonhenge that we see today is not the original as it should be and therefore in changing its appearance we lose some of the clues to find out what it was actually for

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hello there,
Yes some of the stones were moved, but only back to there original positions..
These were found during excavation, they leave like a post hole mark in the ground, so they were able to reconstruct remarkably accurately.
Also this was only with a couple of stones.
During excavation they found lots of post holes that showed it was a wooden henge before stone.
Stonehenge is a fantastic site, when you stand in the centre the feeling is amazing..
The dissappearance that i have reported is a very well known story in the area, with very credible witnesses.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadoww
Hello there,
Yes some of the stones were moved, but only back to there original positions

What they believe was their original positions...

Stonehenge is a complete reconstruction from the ground up, little about it is "original". If it ever was a stargate, I'm pretty sure it aint one now unless archeologists has a degree in wormhole physics or something.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The Stonehenge Disappearance story was definitely an interesting one. It's possible it was a stargate, but it could also be possible that lightning struck the campsite, which in turn lit everything on fire, and the hippies got up and ran.

I always thought that Stonehenge was a sacred ground of the Druids (one of many apparently). They didn't have temples because they had no symbols to represent their object of worship, so they constructed these giant circles lined with stones, which is where they preformed their rituals and sacred rites. Interesting, for sure.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I guess to suggest it is a startgate, you'd have believe there are some in existence or believe they are a real phenomena.???

What components of stonehenge make you think this??? Its layout,pattern, location???

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I love Stonehenge and have felt drawn to it since 98 or 99, before they re-opened it anyhow, most summer solstices. I have had some amazing experiences there, seeing energies etc, but please, could you quote or reference the source of that (in?)credible tale?
I am interested. I don`t see it as impossible at all. Have been in a REAL crop circle too. Want to see one(alledgedly) being made?
www.youtube.com... skip to 01:05 thru to 01:21
By the way, there are many pics of this crop circle, high quality, if you want to look.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

The hippies themselves were gone without a trace.

Is it possible the lightning caused the "stargate" to activate itself?

HAHAHAHA!!! OMG. Hey, if we got all excited every time a storm hit a camp site and some hippies fled the area (and unsurprisingly didn't report in to the cops), we'd be posting articles on ATS about stargates and... oh wait. Nevermind.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Stonehenge has always been interesting to me as well, though I must admit that I'm under-educated on it. I do recall hearing somewhere though that it actually predates druidic faith in the area, so the common theory that druids built it as a place of worship couldn't be correct... but I can't sight a reference for that anywhere, so it may be something I imagined. I'll see if I can dig up a source somewhere if nobody else has heard this.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Hey Shadow,

Does time bend in that field of gravity?
or does a compass go in all directions?

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Stonehenge and crop circles. I Believe it is a Stargate, but I also believe it has been used as a control panel for the Earth Grid. This is only a small part taken from a larger video. The first part to this covers Avebury.

[edit on 28-4-2007 by Gridkeeper]

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gridkeeper
Stonehenge and crop circles. I Believe it is a Stargate, but I also believe it has been used as a control panel for the Earth Grid.

A control panel for the Earth Grid? Pardon my ignorance, but what would that be?

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I also heard that Stonehenge is a control panel of sorts, aswell as being connected in someway to the Pyramids in Giza by some sacred geometry etc.

I have not had the pleasure of visiting stone henge, but have driven past it many times as a child. My dad was lucky enough to touch the stones when he visited the site, due to some weird rule they have (certain days, weather conditions, number of people), before they changed the rules, or something along those lines..

I believe that stonehenge, the pyramids, and many other sacred sites are what you would call stargates. One can use these sites to achieve the next level of human existence, to become a "starwalker", to activate the lightbody, whatever you want to call it. There is obviously some odd energies around these sites none the less.

posted on Apr, 28 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Stonehenge is without doubt an enigmatic monument and endearing mystery.
To understand the purpose of this structure we really need to stand in the sandles of the megalithic builders who toiled to create this awe inspiring masterpiece of ancient engineering.
I doubt very much that this construction was intended to be a 'stargate'. It was more likely that the astral bodies of the sun and the moon and the energies that these behemoths of the day and night possessed were the sole purpose of this construction. I believe that the upright stones were the 'energy cells' or conductors that trickle charged the ley lines that were hidden beneth the surface of the land. I am saying that Stonehenge is a megalithic power station.
Many theories abound; some are laughable and most are speculative. Whatever we, as individuals, percieve Stonehenges real purpose to be is debateable to say the least and thus the mystery continues........

Note to overseas visitors. If you are visiting the area do visit Avebury.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The hippies themselves were gone without a trace.

Sounds like an urban myth. No sources?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   

They disappeared, and were never seen again

Are there any other sources for this story? I would have thought missing persons reports would have gone up after the event. Even hippies have, well, at least other hippies who would have missed them. Maybe family as well.

top topics

join