It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teens hang around forever.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Seeing this style of suicide pact more and more often now. its a hard thing when the world can no longer offer you a star and the world can't see how hard it is to be you or won't even stop to look.

'Suicide pact' teens posted farewells on internet

maybe its an epidemic...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, you know, these suicide pacts generally seem to work themselves out in the end. I suppose it's "tragic" in some way, but people die all the time, and it all adds up to nothing in the end.

If some sad teen and their sad friend off themselves, then it really doesn't make any difference in the grander scheme of things, and the world will continue to spin and 10,000 more babies will be born on the same day, and that little ripple of pain will be added to all the other ripples and it will fade away relatively quickly.

This physical existence is a theater of pain, punctuated by an occasional, only fleeting burst of joy, destined to end in some kind of horror.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I think the title of this thread is very tasteless to say to say the least. With that said, troubled teens have been around for ages.

Those 2 left messages that should have put up red flags in close friends and family members minds. A cry for help is usually not as easy as "I need help". People need to pay attention to certain signs from teens and talk to them. A stable ear is 10x better than a sympathetic pact friend.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
My experiance tells me that suicide, successful or not, give warnings that can be seen.

There are always signs. Moodiness, changes in behaviour, etc...

Without knowing the precise nature of the notes...I can only assume that they had problems that were "insurmountable", their world was collapsing, and the modern 10 second attention span it seemed that whatever the issue was it was never going to resolve itself, so hey presto, lets end our misery. "Let us be free", or whatever the phrase the girls used is repeated in nearly every single note, or video, or phonecall I've ever heard tell of.

Two troubled little girls cried out for help and weren't heard until it was too late.

SuicideVirus. What a lovely and compassionate thought process you have. Not. Suicide leaves living victims too. Parents, siblings, and friends...all of whom are dealing with a level of guilt because they didn't see the warning sign in time. Comments like that aren't of any real use, and only increases their pain.

All these girls needed was a receptive ear, and an understanding voice. Instead, they seemingly decided that it was a useless excercise to continue and ended it all. The tragic aspect of it is the loss of so much potential.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
SuicideVirus, It is my hope that you are single and have no progeny. Your compassion quota is to low for you to be a viable candidate to further the human gene pool. IMO.

new topics

top topics

join