It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in Montana

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I read about this in the Daily Interlake, the daily newspaper out of Kalispell, Montana. Apparently, somebody saw a large, silent triangle fly over Kalispell the other night, with lights on it's edges. The police explained it as a large flock of geese flying over town and reflecting local light. I was outside that night. Didn't see a ufo, but i did hear a large flock of geese fly over that was neither silent nor reflecting anything. Just thought it was a funny explanation.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
intereting case but do you have a link or anything to go with the story?
i have looked on the daily interlake website but cannot find anything about the sighting.

[edit on 23/4/2007 by spookymulder]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:59 AM
link   
That would be the first time I have heard of geese reflecting light.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
That would be the first time I have heard of geese reflecting light.

There is no other way to see them, save by reflected light. What I've never seen is a self-luminous goose (don't get any ideas!).

As for a hypothesis, without more information it's impossible to tell if it's valid or not, but I suspect it's just a handwaving explanation. When geese fly over a town, they should be faintly visible. They're also noisy. The flock is not a solid object. With enough data, there are lots of ways to test this hypothesis. What we need are good interviews with witnesses.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Geese, thats a good one. There must be some real gulible people in that area. Anyways I guess they can't use the old swamp gas, venus or balloon excuse for every sighting but geese come on

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It's almost embarassing, the excuses they still try to spew out nowadays. People who see these things KNOW what they saw-now while it may not be some ET craft, it is pretty easy to tell the difference between a large flying VEHICLE and a flock of geese. Geez Louise...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
One of the few reasons I remain interested in the whole UFO thing, after more than 30 years, it the logical argument that out of all the tens of thousands of UFO reports that are officially registered over the years, and all the reports that don't get registered, it makes no logical sense that every single one of them can be a misidentification of birds or balloons or whatever else is floating around.

It makes much more logical sense to assume that what people report is more or less what they saw.

Of course, in this case, there's a good probability that what they saw was a test of some manned or unmanned Air Force craft. The Air Force loves to use that sparsely inhabited corridor in the Rockies to fly their experimental stuff up from Nevada and into Canada where they can work the bugs out of it with nobody around to see it but a few beavers and moose. But hey, maybe it was Aliens, if they exist at all. Who knows?

[edit on 23-4-2007 by SuicideVirus]

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest I don't even remember which day it was now. Did I post which day it was? Anyways, it was in the police reports section. I just thought that it was a ridiculous explanation. Whether it was aliens, experimental aircraft or some idiot doing way too many drugs doesn't really matter. We'll never know the truth. It just burns me that they would offer such a stupid story to explain it away.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Actually, Yourrolemodel and i just went up to an area in kalispell that was near an old air force base from the 40's looking for anything out of the ordinary. Nothing... however we did almost hit a horse. the reason for this endeavor in the first place was not only the original original story in the Daily InterLake, but also a new story in the paper for 04.30.2007 about a cattle mutilation that happened in the area.

posted on May, 2 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
We had a silent triangle and a cattle mutilation in the course of a week. This is in th area of a ufo sighting in the forties or fifties when there was an Air Force radar base in Lakeside, MT. I wonder when the crop circles start popping up here.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
So the redgobbo and I have made numerous trips to Patrick Creek, the location of the cattle mutilation, and found a piece of an animal that appeared to be the top of its head. Maybe a moose or elk or cow. Who knows. We also saw what at first appeared to be maybe a balloon but morphed into three distinct crecent moons that zigged and zagged. NOT a balloon. Weird stuff.

posted on May, 9 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I just want to throw in here that on the 8th of May there was an 4.6 earthquake in Montana. Ufo and earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and so on seem to have connections IMO. Was the quake anywhere near that area, just curious.

I also notice there are a few quakes occurring in California and near Vancover Is. B.C. in the past couple days more then normal for such a short time period. I am noticing that there are quakes in places lately that usually don't have them and ufo's usually can be seen occassionally in these area's.

I am curious if we have any friends here from Italy because Mt. Etna erupted and they may get sightings in that area.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Montana is huge. We weren't anywhere near the quake really. Sorry.

posted on May, 12 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   
There are quakes in montana on an almost daily basis. Flathead lake sits on a very large fault line that most people are not even aware of. As for the base in lakeside. It's not really a base in the sense of the word. It's a rader station that sits atop blacktail mountain that was active during the cold war to monitor for incoming soviet bombers coming down from the artic circle into canada. There have actually been quite a few sightings in montana in the last 10 years or so. A great number of these sightings have taken place over flathead lake.

top topics

join