It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wastes of war - Old Military & C.I.A. Training Bases Still Full Of Bombs & Pollution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Wastes of war - Old Military & C.I.A. Training Bases Still Full Of Bombs & Pollution

www.sacbee.com

Students from Eastshore Elementary School in Irvine attending the Catalina Island Marine Institute head for the water at Toyon Bay. During World War II, the site was a training center for the OSS - the precursor of the CIA - and agents there were taught to plant explosives beneath enemy ships. Sacramento Bee/Paul Kitagaki Jr.

See additional images

Time bombs lurk beneath California, from the Mexican border to the Oregon state line, under hills, valleys and coastlines -- poised to contaminate wells, pollute waterways, jeopardize property values and endanger human lives.

Hundreds of locations already have been polluted, and how much more of the state is at risk, no one really knows.

What is known is that more than 1,000 confirmed and suspected military sites, the largest number in the country, are spread across California, covering 7.5 percent of the state -- an area more than twice the size of Connecticut. Many were abandoned decades ago but may still be contaminated with toxic chemicals, bombs and other munitions or even radioactive waste, a six-month examination by The Sacramento Bee found.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-4-2007 by Shadoww]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Vintage U.S. Government..
California didnt have any Enviroment laws or were very relaxed in those days, so they go and Pollute the whole feckin area for over 300 years..
And you expect these same people to sign up to agreements like Kyoto???
Dont make me laugh...
These guys are the same heads who are wiping out our Bees and Effecting Migratory Birds as well as possibly affecting us with Chem-trails..
These muppets couldnt give a bucket of Pizzle for the Enviroment..
The state they have left California in is a total Disgrace.

www.sacbee.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join