It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCO/ Super Highway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
www.nascocorridor.com...

It looks like a highcost membership club. They say their not a government agency. But a non profit... Yeah right. So check it out and explore the site. It shows the highway coming from Mexico going through the United State and into Canada.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Not sure where I saw it, but Texas passed a bill stating that the highway will not run through the state. Looks like it'll have to be re-planned.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
From what this link states, Texas is already preparing to start construction. www.humanevents.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:03 PM
link   
texas just recently started their disposition toward NAFTA

The Texas state House of Representatives has taken the first step in stopping construction of the controversial Trans-Texas Corridor, a key element of the so-called NAFTA Superhighway.

www.congresscheck.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   
From how I interpret the article (and If I misread it, please let me know), Texas is putting a stop to the Mexican firm building the roads, in favor of Texas doing it themselves?

Is that correct?

(taken from the article)

The state of Texas had previously contracted construction of the parts of the highways to the Spanish firm Cintra-Zachry which would build and operate the toll roads of the corridor. “It boils down to whether the 10th largest economy in the world (Texas) can build its own highways or if we’re going to give private equities the chance to take all the profits from Texas,” Kolkhorst said according to the San Antonio Express-News.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by Valdimer]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 07:19 PM
link   
you do seem to spot on with this, the article is misleading in many respects. at points the article suggests that its(legislation) a "resistance" to the NAFTA. but then reads as a redistribution of wealth issue.

Stopping the construction of the Trans-Texas Corridor is an important step in the ongoing effort to keep America free and independent.

even this statement here can be misunderstood. it would seem that this imply s to the freedoms and independence that is america. but most likely due to the subcontext of the article its refering to the financial situation of america.

i might not have caught that if you didnt point it out. there is a huge group of people that have misread this article(including myself).

either way you look at it, its just delaying the enevitable:/

top topics

join