It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confused about climate change.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Ok, I officially don't know where I stand on the issue of the cause of climate change. There is so much information and what seems to be, on the surface, good solid scientific evidence out there pertaining to conflicting views of climate change, that I don't know what to believe.

CO2 emmisions
methane and other 'super' greenhouse gasses
airbourne particle pollution
the earths magnetic field
Solar activity
tectonic activity
volcanic activity
long term weather systems
planetary allignment
even galactic allignment
to name but a few seem to have an impact, so.....

How can we even begin to think we can understand fully the changes taking place and our connection to them when the complexity of the systems involved are so intricate? I've come to the conclusion that we're a long way off understanding the countless factors involved and their relationships to one another. We are at a crossroads in the life of our planet, changes need to be made but without proper understanding of the problem, how can we make good desicions on what to do about it???
I can't come to terms with the scale of the problem and how it might affect the rest of my life.

the future just ain't what it used to be......

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I doubt the accuracy of thermometers from 50 years ago let alone those used in the 19'th century.

Even if they were accurate to a tenth of one degree or better the whole concept of placing an average yearly temperature for an entire planet seems like nonsense to me.

new topics

join