It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The religion of Christianity predicts Zombie outbreaks.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I don't mean to insult anyones religion but the idea of dead people coming back to life corrasponds to the idea that zombies are going to come back and haunt people. There will be lots of zombies around the time of the day where their alleged judgment day is supposedly scheduled. Lots and lots of them.

The idea of dead people coming back to directly relates to the idea that humans are going to come back as zombies and take us over. That's what it really means. There will be a whole lot of people coming if that day is true.

[edit on 22-4-2007 by Maverickhunter]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Where, exactly, does Christianity predict this?

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Weirdoradio2
Where, exactly, does Christianity predict this?

In judgment day people will come back to be judged! That means that lots of zombies will arise from the dead! That means over 10 billion people will walk the earth! Or are you blind to the facts?

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   
How do you know its zombies and not just ghosts or entities?
How do you know that a book made so long ago telling vague stories that so many people believe in is not just pulling your leg??

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tofu9
How do you know its zombies and not just ghosts or entities?
How do you know that a book made so long ago telling vague stories that so many people believe in is not just pulling your leg??

I'm half Jewish and half Christian so I believe in my own interpretation of the bible. However, I do not speak on behalf of Christianity. So, my best feelings goes towards the fact that it is an ultimatum to another religion to make people feel like they are going to be coming back, thus, but the religion fails at telling how they will come back or what they have to do to get rebirth. The term being "saved" is very vague.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Compared to the people I meet and work with every day, how will I know who is the zombie and who is just another T.V addicted, brainwashed human being doing as they are told?

Just curious, in case I have to cut the zombies head off or something like that. This is important to know. If I cut the head off a zombie I've done a good thing, if it wasn't a zombie then I think it's considered a murder.

You know, It's threads like this that make me give thanks that I'm not a religious person.....

[edit on 22-4-2007 by mrwupy]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Maverickhunter

well to tell you the truth the more i look around the more i see zombies. completely brain dead people who have no idea what is going on around them. sheeple zombies brainwashed whatever you want to call them it all fits seems like.

[Mod Edit: Removed quote of the entire OP and replaced with "Reply to" tag.]

[edit on 2010/8/13 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am chuckling to myself reading MaverickHunters description.

Your description of most of the people runing around today is very good and also what I see. Most are on a program..a drumbeat not of thier own.

The Christian description of a dead person ..not living...is one who is in and of this world with the values and thinking of this world.

There are descriptions of this in the Olde Testament..in the usage of the prohibition to the Hebrews to not take on the values and appearences of the nations which surrounded them. For these lands were defiled. Do not as the nations surrounding you do. Defiled is another expresssion for not living..dead. Dead to thier God.

THe same instruction is given in a different manner to the New Testament Church ...do not do the traditions of men for they make the Word of God of none effect. Christians are to be in this world but not of this world.

To take on the appearence and values of this world without being able to analyze them for real genuine value is to be a Zombie.
YOu are quite correct in your original description of people around you Funkydung. This concept can be taken more in detail but the essentials are here.
Well said on your part Funky..well said.

Thanks,
Orangetom

[Mod Edit: Removed unnecessary quote of entire post directly above.]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

yep i know all too well what you are talking about. the dead will be raised first probably means we will wake up to dream state we are in. wake up to the matrix. wake up to the lies. maybe. im starting to see it here and there but there is still the majority of the people asleep or spiritually dead. only a few will see thru the deception. i see it. i can look back to babylon and see the whole thing up to this day. ive tried to inform people about this but ive learned that planting seeds is a really good way to spread the good news. cant drop it all on them in an hour.....

[Mod Edit: Removed large, nested quote of the post immediately above and replaced with "Reply to" tag]

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Now now, most corpses turns to dust in time, and today most people are burned to ashes so rising as a zombie would be impossible. Personally I belive that the book try to tell us that we will be reborn. So Life's circle is something like;
Born => live some time => die => live in the afterlife for a while => reborn

and thus have a life again. Maybe it is this that is meant with an everlasting life; life never ends because even in the afterlife we have a life. Altoght it is different from this one.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter
I don't mean to insult anyones religion but the idea of dead people coming back to life corrasponds to the idea that zombies are going to come back and haunt people. There will be lots of zombies around the time of the day where their alleged judgment day is supposedly scheduled. Lots and lots of them.

The idea of dead people coming back to directly relates to the idea that humans are going to come back as zombies and take us over. That's what it really means. There will be a whole lot of people coming if that day is true.

[edit on 22-4-2007 by Maverickhunter]

I'm sorry, but this sounds completely made up. You just took a simple concept and kind of blew it out of proportions. The zombie everyone is familiar with is only found in Hollywood. The only "real zombie" are "voodoo zombies." Natives use a kind of poison made from pufferfish venom to render the victim in a dead-like state. The victim then "rises from the grave."
As of judgement, I believe that it is our souls that will be judged.

Zombies, I swear.

posted on Apr, 24 2007 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Hi there - would you be able to provide the scripture you got your idea from? I'm pretty sure I never heard anything about zombies....

posted on Apr, 25 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by closettrekkie
Hi there - would you be able to provide the scripture you got your idea from? I'm pretty sure I never heard anything about zombies....

There are plenty of zombies that you see every day. You see them at your job, at the school you may go to, you see them on the streets, you see people walking like zombies. So it's hard to tell who is a zombie and who isn't.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
lol, its really hard to tell in the morning on the subway.

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

You know, It's threads like this that make me give thanks that I'm not a religious person.....

[edit on 22-4-2007 by mrwupy]

Amen!.... woops... strike that :S

Religion is poison

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
You know the bible was written by man right?>

I can't get over that. And the fact that the people that quote from it are the biggest hypocrites, save for Reverend X, most are blasphemers.

All that super bad stuff is just to keep the average joe in line. Live a good life and you will be rewarded

posted on Apr, 26 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maverickhunter

Originally posted by closettrekkie

There are plenty of zombies that you see every day. You see them at your job, at the school you may go to, you see them on the streets, you see people walking like zombies. So it's hard to tell who is a zombie and who isn't.

Care to back this up with any evidence? Please don't mention either of the Max Brooks books. As entertaining as they are, they are both fiction. I just don't believe in the concept of zombies.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
If we've just found Kryptonite after thinking this whole time it was a Super Man fantasy item, then Zombies can most def be real.

There is SOME truth behind most myths.

posted on Apr, 27 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
this shouldn't surprise christians when they are in fact WORSHIPPING a zombie by the name of jesus of nazareth. he was dead. then he wasn't. that's the indisputable definition of a zombie, a corpse come back to life. he even still had the wound from the spear in his side when he was brought back to life

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join