It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton says husband would be ambassador

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   

MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa - Hillary Rodham Clinton said Saturday that if she is elected president, she would make her husband a roaming ambassador to the world, using his skills to repair the nation's tattered image abroad. "I can't think of a better cheerleader for America than Bill Clinton, can you?" the Democratic senator from New York asked a crowd jammed into a junior high school gymnasium. "He has said he would do anything I asked him to do. I would put him to work." Clinton spoke at a town hall-style meeting Saturday where she took questions from about 200 people. When asked what role the former president would play in her administration, she left no doubt it would be an important one.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Man, I don't really know what to say about this one. Except Clinton had his time in office 8 years of it-- as a matter of fact. I just wish someone new could come in.

As far as him going to other country's didn't he do that already as well? The whole time he was president.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hillary probably would want to keep him out of the country so she can have her own fun with the interns

Anyway, doesn't seem like a real position "ambassador to the world." A far more frightening reality would be to make him ambassador to the UN or (God forbid) the Secretary of State.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
The TV news quoted her as saying that he would be a ROAMING ambassador.

Considering how much ROAMING he has done over the years while married to her .. I'd say he's VERY qualified to be a ROAMING goodwill ambassador.

[edit on 4/22/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Double post .. sorry

[edit on 4/22/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
The more desperate Mrs. Bill Clinton gets in her campaign, the more Bill Clinton will be involved.

While other politicians will invoke God's name, Mrs. Bill Clinton will invoke Bill's.

Look at this situation closely, and it will be obvious. Poll ratings drop...more Bill Clinton.

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
The more desperate Mrs. Bill Clinton gets in her campaign, the more Bill Clinton will be involved.

While other politicians will invoke God's name, Mrs. Bill Clinton will invoke Bill's.

Look at this situation closely, and it will be obvious. Poll ratings drop...more Bill Clinton.

RRC, I think you're right about that. In fact, I think she would do anything she thought would help her win. I can't stand her, I think she's a 2-faced, phoney, lying hypocrit. I don't think she or Bill are very nice people, but Bill does seem to be somewhat popular elsewhere. We've had either a Bush or a Clinton (in my book there's not much difference between the 2) since 1988, that's 20 years. We need new blood. I don't think Hillary has the popularity she would like to have, alot of people don't like her, even folks like me, who are fairly progressive liberals, which should be a big part of her base. I think it's because she doesn't espouse Democrat or liberal ideas and actually has no moral center, just says whatever she thinks the people want to hear. I don't like politicians who won't take a stand on anything. Someone like Barry Goldwater, who wasn't afraid to take a stand on something, even if it was unpopular, at least he was honest and forthright and had the best interests of the country at heart, he wasn't in politics for his own self-glorification as so many others are, first and foremost being Hillary.

apc

posted on Apr, 22 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It was in 2002 I stated among friends that Hillary is next in line. "Her job will be to make the world like us again after Bush gets his job done." Reading her own words just makes me laugh.

Images of Bill in a miniskirt with pom-poms... is it too early to start drinking?

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
We need to get the Bush/Clinton dynasty out of office for good. They have done nothing good for us. They will only continue to hurt us if it continues. Who the hell is going to save us now.

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
apc. Thanks for the image. Are you going to help with the therapy bills?

Bill Clinton as a roaming ambassador of goodwill? Oh, puhleeze. As with the Bush family, I wish the Clintons would go away, and stay away. I am tired of both families.

I would not vote for Mrs. Clinton if she were the only one running. I'd write in for Bugs Bunny first...

posted on Apr, 23 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by twopintsofbooze
We need to get the Bush/Clinton dynasty out of office for good. They have done nothing good for us. They will only continue to hurt us if it continues.

I tend to agree. Bush Sr. was no saint. However, these last two presidents have been miserable. While we were focusing on "Lewinsky Gate," Mr. Clinton was selling us out to China. Bush Jr., what can I say? The guy has been led around the nose by a bunch of people who don't care about America. It's time for a change.

[edit on 23-4-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on May, 6 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
All I can say is if Hillary gets to the Whitehouse and Bill becomes in charge of foreign policy, you don't want to put any money into American flag production stock. Bill practically gave our country away when he was president, I'm sure he'd love to finish the job.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Any character flaws Bill has would not get in the way of him being an excellent good will ambassador. When Bill came to Christchurch in 1999 people lined the streets to see him and at least one student I went to school with skipped class to see Bill.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Bill would make an excellent Ambassador of whatever he choses.

BTW, any of us can be ambassadors, did you know that? Goodwill? That's right. Its not just Clinton or Angelina Jolie. We can be ambassadors for all sources inland and out of the USA.

Check it out. Anyhow, Clinton is loved all over the world and he should persue this- She doesnt have to appoint him for him to go around the world as an expresident and spread peace.

So whats the big deal here?

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This sums up Clinton foreign policy very well.

INNOCENTS ABROAD: HOW THE WORLD VIEWS CLINTOWS FOREIGN POLICY
By Lawrence T. DiRita Deputy Director of Foreign Policy and Defense Studies

This doubt stems from the confused and often contradictory nature of the Clinton Administra- tion's foreign policy. In Haiti, for example, the President first promised to end the Bush policy of returning refugees to Haiti, then reversed himself and adopted the identical policy. He reversed him- self again later by bowing to liberal pressure to tighten sanctions and even to threaten invasion. More recently, President Clinton decided to extend most-favored nation trade benefits to the Peo- ple's Republic of China (PRC), but only after having accused former President Bush of "coddling" the "dictators" in Beijing with the same policy.

www.heritage.org...

What it doesn’t say is NAFTA and it’s Bush counterpart CAFTA have undermined our nations work force, our job market and has started the eventual demise of our economy. We have millions without jobs, a huge infiltration of illegal immigrants (not just Mexican either) and long time policies in place which are not being enforced. Believe it or not, the Bush administration is just a continuation of the Clinton administration and I would venture to say that it possibly goes back as far a ‘Daddy Bush’ or even farther. In case you haven’t noticed, the Clintons and Bush’s, especially Daddy Bush, have become quite cozy over the last few years. And Bill Clinton is riding the tsunami wave right to UN super hero status. The Bush's and Clintons are playing the 'good cop bad cop' game with all of us and it's working like a charm.

I remember the “Look for the union label” advertisements back in the 70’s asking people purchase products made in our country. Then there was the ever popular “Buy American” advertisements back in the 80’s. Now, almost every major company has their production and telemarketing offices in other counties. Go to the store and pick up a pair of shoes or clothing and try to find something with a ‘Made in the USA’ tag in it. You can say it’s economy and our free market system. But when all tariffs are removed from imports from most countries and companies are given incentives by the government to export their work to other countries, I call that giving away our country.

The North American Free Trade Agreement NAFTA called for immediately eliminating duties on the majority of tariffs between products traded among the United States, Canada and Mexico, and gradually phasing out other tariffs, over a 15-year period.

en.wikipedia.org...

The agreement is a treaty under international law, but not under the US Constitution. In the US, laws require majority approval in both houses, while treaties require two-thirds approval in the Senate only. Under US law DR-CAFTA is a congressional-executive agreement. The United States Senate approved the DR-CAFTA on June 30, 2005 by a vote of 54-45,[1] and the House of Representatives approved the pact on July 27, 2005 by a vote of 217-215, with two representatives not voting.[2] For procedural reasons, the Senate took a second vote on CAFTA on July 28 and the pact garnered an additional vote from Sen. Joe Lieberman — who had been absent on June 30 — in favor of the agreement.[3]
The implementing legislation became Public Law 109-053 when it was signed by President George W. Bush on August 2, 2005.

The goal of the agreement is the creation of a free trade zone, similar to the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) which currently encompasses the US, Canada, and Mexico. DR-CAFTA is also seen as a stepping stone towards the Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA), another (more ambitious) free trade agreement that would encompass all the South American and Caribbean nations except Cuba and Venezuela, as well as those of North and Central America. Canada is negotiating a similar treaty called the Canada Central American Free Trade Agreement.

en.wikipedia.org...

Most people believe this as being a way to assist third world South and Central American countries. In reality, the whole thing will work a lot like ice in a hot drink. While it may assist the less fortunate countries to some degree, it will be draining our counties resources and dragging us down to their level. Ultimately we are moving toward a two class system just like those of our southern counterparts. And guess who stays on top!

President Clinton will leave the worst national security legacy of any president in the last 100 years, according to Rep. Curt Weldon, R-Pa., considered Capitol Hill's leading expert in Russian studies, and a senior member of the House National Security Committee.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

"First, and most obviously, we must by word and deed renew internationalism for a new century," said Clinton, a likely Democratic Party presidential candidate for the 2008 election.

www.breitbart.com...

Now with this last statement in mind, and with Bills past foreign policy history, do we really want this tag team running our country (into the ground).

Oh and if you think Mr. Bill’s foreign was all love and peace he attacked Somalia, Bosnia, Kosovo, Iraq, Afghanistan and Sudan. There are probably more and who knows what any president does with ‘Black Ops’ and other secret, paramilitary activities.

Don't forget, people are sheep. Try not to BAH.

posted on May, 7 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Can you imagine actually holding the job of Secretary of State with Hillary as President sending Bill around the world as "ambassador"?

Sounds like a worse job than VP.

[edit on 5/7/2007 by djohnsto77]

new topics

top topics

join